Final Fantasy VI: Restored Ability Names

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(02-26-2012, 05:23 PM)Madsiur Wrote:
(02-25-2012, 10:38 AM)Angelo26 Wrote: [Image: imgshk.png]

For this, you could have a bigger menu with Left hand under right hand or vice versa...

It still interests me that they changed this for FF6; it's like FF4, but when they translated FF5 (for those who don't know, the PSX translation of FF5 was originally done back in 1992 when FF5 was supposed to come out here), they made this very change to that particular menu. I wonder why they decided to go back for FF6?
  Find

Threads: 0
Status
None
There is one issue I have with this hack, it won't work on SNES9xGX, the Wii Emulator. As soon as you start, the screen stays black and Terra's theme plays, can't do anything. I don't know why cuz I did some tests with other IPS patches, patches like the Evade Patch worked and the game started fine. The game loads fine even though the ROM is expanded to 32 Mbits. Im just wondering why big hacks like this one won't work on the Wii Emulator, I mean its just like SNES9x 1.52 only for Wii
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(05-11-2012, 10:23 PM)RPD490 Wrote: There is one issue I have with this hack, it won't work on SNES9xGX, the Wii Emulator. As soon as you start, the screen stays black and Terra's theme plays, can't do anything. I don't know why cuz I did some tests with other IPS patches, patches like the Evade Patch worked and the game started fine. The game loads fine even though the ROM is expanded to 32 Mbits. Im just wondering why big hacks like this one won't work on the Wii Emulator, I mean its just like SNES9x 1.52 only for Wii

Are you playing the version 1.0 or 1.1 of FF3us? This patch is for version 1.0 only. Some patches like the evade patch work with both versions. It all depends what the patch change and sometimes applying a patch made for version 1.0 on a 1.1 version can have disastrous effects...

Find

Threads: 0
Status
None
It is 1.0. Im just gonna assume big hacks that would change the game completely, prolly is too much for the Wii Emulator to handle. I dunno, I'll have to look into it more. I even tried to individually patch the game via hex editing...only I got lost when I was almost through it all and decided to use IPS patches, all of the to FF3 1.0 and see if that works, but same thing happened lol. Its between this game and FFII for NES that I wanna try to do bugfixes for, but for the latter, I need to find the offsets for the stuff that is bugged.

UPDATE: Okay using the ROM provided with the Editors I obtained from when Zeemis did his tutorials on how to hack VI, it seems that this patch now works with this ROM, even though the other ones I used were clean V1.0 ones .w.
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 7
Status
None
It was probably just a headered vs. unheadered ROM issue. It still messes me up to this day.

NNID (Wii U): pjmcphee
PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find

Threads: 3
Status
None
I had forgotten about this patch until someone pointed me to this thread. Hmm

Angelo, I noticed while reading through here that you weren't sure if you could make this patch compatible with my improvement patch due to the large number of offsets. Between PJM's tests and logs (hopefully he still has them?) and the list located here, there might possibly be a way to make our powers combine...

Let me know if you need any help!

Oh, and if anyone still has need of tables, I have tables for the unmodified ROM. For the main table I've added offsets to some of the data I jump to the most often (Search > Jump Offset List in Windhex).
  Find

Status
None
I believe I still have them somewhere. I'll take a look on my old computer when I get a chance. Would be nice to see something come of this Smile

Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(05-25-2012, 12:42 AM)darkmage Wrote: I had forgotten about this patch until someone pointed me to this thread. Hmm

Angelo, I noticed while reading through here that you weren't sure if you could make this patch compatible with my improvement patch due to the large number of offsets. Between PJM's tests and logs (hopefully he still has them?) and the list located here, there might possibly be a way to make our powers combine...

Let me know if you need any help!

Oh, and if anyone still has need of tables, I have tables for the unmodified ROM. For the main table I've added offsets to some of the data I jump to the most often (Search > Jump Offset List in Windhex).

Yes, I can make it compatible, however my hacking time is at a minimum. I expect have some available time starting next week, so that's a plus Tongue

Threads: 4
Status
None
I found a small flaw, in the display given to learning magic from armor or relics, while working with this otherwise perfect patch to make my own hack. A picture is worth a thousand words:

[Image: holy_r10.png]
  Find

Status
None
Nice find! I thought I checked all menu screens, but there are so many :-\

Find