Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI Advance (E) Woolsey Slattery Compromise Patch

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Here it is.. couldn't remember where this was for a minute... any updates on this? Seems a little complicated so no expectations.
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
(04-13-2011, 09:25 PM)Lijj Wrote: Here it is.. couldn't remember where this was for a minute... any updates on this?

No, it's pretty much done in this form. It was never intended to replace the entire script or all the names or anything like that.
  Find

Status
None
The link is dead, does anyone have it archived/can re-up it?

Also, has anyone applied this to a ROM already patched with the restored patch as found here?

http://www.fantasyanime.com/finalfantasy...ba_patches

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(11-30-2011, 02:56 AM)bgrunge Wrote: The link is dead, does anyone have it archived/can re-up it?

Also, has anyone applied this to a ROM already patched with the restored patch as found here?

http://www.fantasyanime.com/finalfantasy...ba_patches

If it is reuploaded again, they only problem you -might- run into is that the patch is for the european version. If the restored patch is for the US version, and If they changed the locations in the rom for dialogue/ability names, you're in trouble Tongue

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
Sorry I'm a bit late, but I updated the first post to a link that works.

I'm a bit curious about that site that has the sound restoration labeled as for the US version. The specific reason I made this patch for the E version was because the sound restoration was also for the E version. In fact, if you download the zip archive of the sound restoration from that site, open the read me text file inside and look down at the Q&A in the text file, he says this:

Q: I can't apply your IPS patch to my ROM / It crashes when loading.
Q: On which ROM should the patch apply ?
A: You should use an european verison of Final Fantasy VI advance only. The reason for this is that you can play it in English, German, French, Italian and Spanish, so more people are targetted by the hack. I did it on a file I dumped myself with my GBA linker, and it should be compatible with ROMs floating arround the undernet. It won't work with a USA or Japanese ROM (but saves seems to be compatible, although don't blame me if they aren't).

So I'm pretty sure fantasyanime just mislabeled it as for the US version. That said, it's also possible the latest version of the sound restoration patch (1.1) got changed from being for the E version to be for the US version and he forgot to take that out of his read me, but I kinda doubt it.

An earlier version of the sound restoration patch (1.0) worked with this patch without any issues. I have no idea about the E version of the color restoration. I'll have to check that eventually since that's also something I definitely want to play through FF6A with.

Edit: Alright, I tested it out by applying all the patches (every E color restoration patch, 1.1a sound restoration patch and the 2.0 WSC patch) and they seem compatible. I didn't do any extensive testing like playing through large areas of the game, but I fought a couple battles, checked out the bestiary and music player, wandered around a bit in a couple dungeons and the world map, went into a few towns, started a new game and got a bit into Narshe, and everything seemed to be in order. I also checked the areas in the rom data that each patch alters according to LunarIPS and there doesn't seem to be any conflicts there.
  Find