Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI Portraited

Status
None
Wow, this portraits look like it be on a DS/PSP version of FFVI if Square made one.

Status
None
How do you edit item names? I realize it can be done in FF3usME but the last time I tried that, they disappeared from my menu as soon as I hit the arrange option.
(04-24-2011, 04:27 PM)Lijj Wrote: Dang the double size Ultros didn't work out.. (just tested the Opera battle) it's scatterred in random chunks across the battle screen. I will just re- add the original. 64x64 Ultros again. At least the double size works well for the title screen I supposeCover
I would like to implement that code for Umaro.. but what do I use?.. I know total noob ? heh.
I hope you all have a nice Easter; I'm going to go have dinner with extended family today.
Ok updated Ultros at least for now. kept the big version in-game as two regular enemies. what was critic and Recliner are now UltClone and OctoGigas.

Did you remember to check the mold? You have to use a different one for a 128x128 image. It's easy to change in the enemy formation menu in FF3usME

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Hey guys forgive me but i dont get this. Is this for SNES? GBA>? does it not matter? how exactly am i supposed to know? whats an IPS patch? im on http://fantasyanime.com/patching reading and it jus says how to do it, not wtf it is.

Will this add portraits to dialogue boxes or jus change the portraits???
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
This is a patch for the SNES ROM that changes the portrait art to that of Lijj's. It does not add the portrait to the dialog box like the GBA, and no there is no patch to do that as of yet. It was being discussed here for a while but there was never any real work on that.

An IPS patch is just that, a patch that holds changes on it so when you patch a ROM with it using a program like Lunar IPS, those changes get patched on over to the ROM. There can be all kinds of patches, it's just an organized nice clean way to ensure that the changes someone else created can be used on your own ROM basically.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • CloudAK (10-01-2014)

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Ok thanks, so i can apply multiple patches to the same rom, correct?

Also, in the future how should i get a clue nex time so i know wat version a patch like this is for? Smile

and shame on the portrait thing. I really like that as it helps to really keep in style of the game and affirm the tone and look of its world with the great Yoshitaka Amano artwork/costumes.

really wish there was a definitive, simple modern way to play this game. The iOS version would be great but the sprite changes, world map look and locales etc. dont retain or stay true to the steampunky, kind of gritty feel of the world at all.

EDIT: i jus found out i cant use Lunar to patch since im on a mac. But thanks will look further
  Find

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 15
Status
X-Zone
CloudAK Wrote:Ok thanks, so i can apply multiple patches to the same rom, correct?
Yes that is correct.

Shine 
  Find