Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Tilte: FF6 Portraited
Author: Lijj
Download

A patch including all new portraits. Drawn by Lijj except TERRA and EDGAR, drawn by Smash. Main battle music is changed to the battle music from Final Fantasy IV (Final Fantasy II).A couple item names and effects have been altered. Weapon power rose very slightly while the HP of enemies rose very slightly. Umaro is controllable and Mog's Dance is fall-proof.

Siren has been un-censored. Starlet is now a reclining nude and Shiva has been changed. Ultros is double in size and detail; he's also tougher. A few minor enemy changes are Displayer is gone and Osteosaur is gone while Monocerus and Recliner have been added.

[Image: alt-portraits.png]

3 Patches used, 2 made by Gi-Nattack and the music by Angelo26 (non-stumbling Mog, Functional Umaro and FFIV battle music)

Thanks to Gi-Nattack and Angelo26
also Thanks to all others that made editing easy
Zeemis, Poco-Loco and Lord J
Special thanks to Smash for the inspiration and for creating the first two portraits

Just a basic base patch with portraits mentioned above added only. Portraits Drawn by Lijj except TERRA and EDGAR, drawn by Smash.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________||||(Lijj)____
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Lijj for this post:
  • Robo Jesus (05-01-2015)

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
thanks for the shoutout bro Smile

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Excellent job, I'm loving all the new portraits, especially ULTROS and Kefka lol. I would have wished that Mog had the pom pom in his head.

What are the commands you assigned Umaro (now that he's controllable?)

Status
None
Good question.. I need to refine it. I kinda forgot to go back to that part before zipping it . I just gave Umaro the basic Fight and Item which I realize is kind of lame.. I'll re upload a better idea tonight. Cause I have to take care of some IRL stuff today/early eve unfortunately.
The only other oddity is the Item Phoenix Down has some random letters in the lists.. doesn't really bother me though.
I guess I should apply the pompom too. I'd be easy to just add it in the sprite editor... will do.
Oh yeah.. any ideas for decent skills for Umaro?
  Find

Status
None
(04-22-2011, 10:31 PM)Lijj Wrote: Good question.. I need to refine it. I kinda forgot to go back to that part before zipping it . I just gave Umaro the basic Fight and Item which I realize is kind of lame.. I'll re upload a better idea tonight. Cause I have to take care of some IRL stuff today/early eve unfortunately.
The only other oddity is the Item Phoenix Down has some random letters in the lists.. doesn't really bother me though.
I guess I should apply the pompom too. I'd be easy to just add it in the sprite editor... will do.

Fight and Item are fine, but Umaro cannot learn any magic, so there's no point in giving him the magic command...I would say Blitz and throw, since he's skilled at launching characters toward enemies and moves like suplex and bum rush are fitting for him. But what do you think, Lijj?
(04-23-2011, 01:09 AM)angelo26 Wrote:
(04-22-2011, 10:31 PM)Lijj Wrote: Good question.. I need to refine it. I kinda forgot to go back to that part before zipping it . I just gave Umaro the basic Fight and Item which I realize is kind of lame.. I'll re upload a better idea tonight. Cause I have to take care of some IRL stuff today/early eve unfortunately.

Fight and Item are fine, but Umaro cannot learn any magic, so there's no point in giving him the magic command...I would say Blitz and throw, since he's skilled at launching characters toward enemies and moves like suplex and bum rush are fitting for him. But what do you think, Lijj?

About the problem with Phoenix Down, if you open Windhex and the table file you should be able to find the problem easily by searching the item name.

Status
None
I was actually thinking of doing this for the YT account but I need Lijj's ok before anything

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
Of course Poco Loco!
I like the idea of Blitzes for sure. I'll look for table file as well.
Going to update now... I'll just upload the same zip file.
Added the pompom to Mog and gave Umaro blitz and throw. I looked through the table in windhex but saw nothing other than Phoenix Down on the bottom of the list.
Gave bosses a little more hp cause it seemed too easy. left normal enemies easySweat but the base portrait patch is included so people can do what they want to the gameplay heh.
and updated the zip file.

...glad you want to put a vid up of this Surprised
  Find

Status
None
You know, there was this guy that wanted Umaro to be able to throw characters around and use the Storm attack without him having to equip the relics, that may be a nice addition to the patch as well.

The code's here:

Code:
C2/163B: 64 FE        STZ $FE     (start off allowing neither Storm nor Throw attack)
C2/163D: A9 C6        LDA #$C6
C2/163F: D9 D0 3C     CMP $3CD0,Y
C2/1642: F0 05        BEQ $1649   (Branch if Rage Ring equipped in relic slot 1)
C2/1644: D9 D1 3C     CMP $3CD1,Y (Check Slot 2)
C2/1647: D0 0D        BNE $1656   (Branch if Rage Ring not equipped)
C2/1649: 7B           TDC
C2/164A: B9 18 30     LDA $3018,Y
C2/164D: 4D 74 3A     EOR $3A74
C2/1650: F0 04        BEQ $1656   (Branch if Umaro is the only character alive)
C2/1652: A9 04        LDA #$04
C2/1654: 04 FE        TSB $FE     (allow for Throw character attack)
C2/1656: A9 C5        LDA #$C5
C2/1658: D9 D0 3C     CMP $3CD0,Y
C2/165B: F0 05        BEQ $1662   (Branch if Blizzard Orb equipped in relic slot 1)
C2/165D: D9 D1 3C     CMP $3CD1,Y (Check Slot 2)
C2/1660: D0 04        BNE $1666   (Branch if Blizzard Orb not equipped)
C2/1662: A9 08        LDA #$08
C2/1664: 04 FE        TSB $FE     (allow for Storm attack)
C2/1666: A5 FE        LDA $FE
C2/1668: AA           TAX         (form a pointer based on availability of Storm and/or Throw.
                                   it will pick 1 of Umaro's 4 probability sets, each of
                                   which holds the chances for his 4 attacks)
C2/1669: 09 30        ORA #$30    (always allow Normal attack and Charge)
C2/166B: 0A           ASL
C2/166C: 0A           ASL
C2/166D: 20 47 52     JSR $5247   (Pick attack type to use.  Will return 0 for
                                   Throw character, 1 for Storm, 2 for Charge,
                                   3 for Normal attack)
C2/1670: 8A           TXA
C2/1671: 0A           ASL
C2/1672: AA           TAX
C2/1673: 7C 76 16     JMP ($1676,X)

Status
None
kk Lijj I got u Wink

-HNIC

Status
None
Dang the double size Ultros didn't work out.. (just tested the Opera battle) it's scatterred in random chunks across the battle screen. I will just re- add the original. 64x64 Ultros again. At least the double size works well for the title screen I supposeCover
I would like to implement that code for Umaro.. but what do I use?.. I know total noob ? heh.
I hope you all have a nice Easter; I'm going to go have dinner with extended family today.
Ok updated Ultros at least for now. kept the big version in-game as two regular enemies. what was critic and Recliner are now UltClone and OctoGigas.
  Find