Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI: Restored Ability Names

Threads: 8
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
BTW: I'm not clear on what a "header" is. I do know that later versions of BSNES remove the header with snespurify.exe, so it might be best if I'm using the GBA font if it allowed a removed header, otherwise, the rom would be corrupt.

[Image: AegisBanner01.png]

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 7
Status
None
What I would do is just apply all of the patches first, then use snespurify to remove the header. You can always re-add the header later if needed using NSRT, SnesTool, etc.

NNID (Wii U): pjmcphee
PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find

Status
None
I've decided to test individual patches against this one just to narrow down which ones don't work.

I'm currently up to 60 patches with no conflicts (from Terri Senshi, Novalia Spirit, Imzogelmo, mblock129, a few of my own, and some other random ones).

I still have much more to add, but getting this far with no problems has my hopes high that the problem with darkmage's improvement project is just one or two fixes that I can just leave out.

Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(11-08-2011, 04:21 PM)McPhizzle Wrote: I've decided to test individual patches against this one just to narrow down which ones don't work.

I'm currently up to 60 patches with no conflicts (from Terri Senshi, Novalia Spirit, Imzogelmo, mblock129, a few of my own, and some other random ones).

I still have much more to add, but getting this far with no problems has my hopes high that the problem with darkmage's improvement project is just one or two fixes that I can just leave out.

I would be careful to use this patch together with any other patches that use the free space in bank C3. Some of the free space is used for code related to class names.

Status
None
(11-08-2011, 07:32 PM)Angelo26 Wrote:
(11-08-2011, 04:21 PM)McPhizzle Wrote: I've decided to test individual patches against this one just to narrow down which ones don't work.

I would be careful to use this patch together with any other patches that use the free space in bank C3. Some of the free space is used for code related to class names.
Many patches don't really document the code changes, and I don't know how to check this myself. Could I just assume that if the expanded names show up that everything is ok?

Find

Status
None
(11-08-2011, 04:21 PM)McPhizzle Wrote: Many patches don't really document the code changes, and I don't know how to check this myself.

There -IS- a way to find out exactly what addresses are affected by a patch. If you are using LUNAR IPS, there's a small check that you can do on the box that says "create a log file". After you patch, a notepad file will be created, revealing the exact addresses at which changes are made, along with the number of bytes changed.

Hackers from the slickproductions site usually release a readme file with the relevant code changes that you need.

(11-08-2011, 04:21 PM)McPhizzle Wrote: Could I just assume that if the expanded names show up that everything is ok?
No? XD

Status
None
(11-08-2011, 11:31 PM)Angelo26 Wrote:
(11-08-2011, 04:21 PM)McPhizzle Wrote: Could I just assume that if the expanded names show up that everything is ok?
No? XD
Ok so instead of checking each patch individually, I will just use lunar ips. What I have been doing is combining every bug fix made by one author into one big patch, and also every graphic patch into one, and all of the text/script patches into one, which should mean longer log files, but far fewer of them to go through Smile

Find

Status
None
(11-01-2011, 08:12 AM)Angelo26 Wrote: I -could- try to work on a second patch, just give me some time. Check back with me in ~ two weeks, as I'm working on a custom event on the start of the game for the FF6: ROTDS hack.

How's the second patch coming? Smile

Status
None
(11-13-2011, 03:56 PM)Aegis Runestone Wrote: How's the second patch coming?

No news so far, it's been crazy, this week will be the busiest for me.
Will try to work on it though

Status
None
Good luck on this week. I know how it feels to be super busy. X.x; I haven't had time to work on my Translation.