Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI: Restored Ability Names

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(11-01-2011, 07:23 AM)McPhizzle Wrote: I really want to use both patches, I can't choose one over the other.

Lol, thanks! Laugh

As you kind of figured, the problem is that darkmage's patch moves the code around the rom, and applying this patch to his rom simply won't work. The only way to make them both work is, to go around tracking the code in hex and making the changes manually. I did this once (no patch), and only for the FF6: Return of the Dark Sorcerer Hack.

I -could- try to work on a second patch, just give me some time. Check back with me in ~ two weeks, as I'm working on a custom event on the start of the game for the FF6: ROTDS hack.

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 7
Status
None
(11-01-2011, 08:12 AM)Angelo26 Wrote:
(11-01-2011, 07:23 AM)McPhizzle Wrote: I really want to use both patches, I can't choose one over the other.

Lol, thanks! Laugh

As you kind of figured, the problem is that darkmage's patch moves the code around the rom, and applying this patch to his rom simply won't work. The only way to make them both work is, to go around tracking the code in hex and making the changes manually. I did this once (no patch), and only for the FF6: Return of the Dark Sorcerer Hack.

I -could- try to work on a second patch, just give me some time. Check back with me in ~ two weeks, as I'm working on a custom event on the start of the game for the FF6: ROTDS hack.

Wow, thanks! This is more than I expected Laugh. I can't wait!

NNID (Wii U): pjmcphee
PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find

Threads: 8
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Uhh... I already made a bunch of changes to the dialogues... will that corrupt my rom? And then make me have to do it all over again?

[Image: AegisBanner01.png]

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
your best bet is to export your dialog

after that or anything else

make a solo patch for ur dialog n patch it afterwards

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
(11-01-2011, 04:53 PM)Poco Loco Wrote: your best bet is to export your dialog

after that or anything else

make a solo patch for ur dialog n patch it afterwards

Tried exporting the script and then using a 1.0 rom that was clean of fixes and then patched the GBA font, then ...

Oh... I got major errors because I didn't remove the header first. :x

Edit: I was wrong. I removed the header, and I still get these errors AFTER applying the GBA font patch after applying the name fix patch:
Messed up Text In FF3usME 6.7 (32bit)
Effect on the Rom

If I'm not supposed to use FF3usME for anything anymore, that's a problem as the the lower case "w" looks... wrong (I had to fix it, no offense, Poco Loco), and I also fixed the gauge bars. :S What do I do?

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
the dialog font patch was created for a rom with a header (I dont think I labeled it ugh srry)

if you want, I'll manually change the font for u

it'll take me some time though (a day @ most I just have to find the time 2 do it)

but if anything add me on skype n u can send it to me there

pocoloco211

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
That'd be great. I'll add you.

Also, is it possible to add the GBA font patch, then remove the header, and THEN add the restored names patch? And it'll work?

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
I've been thinking to re-add the header so it's not a problem to most people anymore.

Status
None
That would be very nice indeed.

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 7
Status
None
(11-02-2011, 06:45 PM)Angelo26 Wrote: I've been thinking to re-add the header so it's not a problem to most people anymore.

What should be done is having everyone not using a header, forget they ever existed, but I can't see that happening anytime soon Smile

NNID (Wii U): pjmcphee
PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find