Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI Randomizer

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hello,

I thought I'd drop by here and announce a project Lenophis and I have been working on, the Final Fantasy VI Randomizer, is available on CodePlex right now.

https://ff6randomizer.codeplex.com/

I did the work on the executable program and the randomization aspects, while Lenophis handled all the ASM edits that were required to keep the game reasonable/fun.

Give it a try, and let me know what you think!

EDIT: I looked over this and decided I should probably describe it a little further. To copy from Lenophis' description in another forum:

What this does randomize:
  • Character starting stats. It takes the maximum stat a character has, for instance Gau's 99 battle power, and the lowest, Strago's 10 battle power, and picks a number in that range for each character. Most stats will generally be higher as a result.
  • Treasure chests. All treasure chests in the game, save for the Striker in the Cave of the Veldt, have been put into tiers and will be chosen at random. This means you will not get a Ragnarok in Figaro Castle. If a chest contains a Potion, that chest will have something similar to a Potion. Also because of the tiers, a couple of Monster-in-a-Boxes have been added.
  • Character skillsets. Terra gets Rage? Sabin can Steal? Umaro can Runic? Sure, why not. To account for non-Gau getting Rage, and because of Gau's recruitment in the WoR, Leap has been removed entirely. Don't worry, leaning Rages is very, very easy now.
  • Natural abilities. The starting Rages, Lores, and spells of whoever has those skills has been shuffled around.
  • Shops! Items that appear in shops are shuffled around, except the Sprint Shoes. Any shop that sells the shoes will still have them.
  • Character names and palettes. Should be fairly self-explanatory.
  • Equipment. Specifically, who can equip what. This also accounts for starting equipment.
  • Espers. The spells they teach, and the rate they teach at have been shuffled around. It will be generally easier to learn spells now. However, there is no guarantee every spell will be available.

What this does not, and will not change, ever:
  • Dialogue
  • Story
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Dessyreqt for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (08-27-2014)

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
What a fun little program and idea! Trying it out here, I got a Relm-colored Terra named Rinoa with Umaro's skill set, berserked and everything lol. Can't help but keep playing.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 1
Status
None
I went ahead and added more of a description to the opening post. Sounds like you got an interesting seed, Gi Nattak! Let me know how it turns out!
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Cool, kinda like a D&D like style Laugh

Who knows, maybe i'll give it a shot, sooner or later...

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Status
Prowess
Now combine this with an FFV Ancient Cave style mod and watch the fun begin. Well, it probably wouldn't be nearly as hard, or work as well, but it would still be...well...random.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Cool, I love games/hacks that are random like this. Too bad that this probably can't be applied to BNW without causing the game to puke buckets, because the randomizations would create more interesting scenarios there IMO, with stats/natural abilities being more relevant come lategame.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 25
Thanks Given: 15
Status
X-Zone
What a very neat Idea, Randomizing things will certainly make things more Interesting.

Shine 
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
I'm definitely gonna give this a shot sometime soon, it should be fun!
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
This is really cool.

Incidentally, I just got wtfpwned by a Gigantos hiding in Arvis' clock. Okay then, starting over... Smile
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
hahaha! i'd really wanted to see that scene! Laugh

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find