Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Update On Browser Progress

Threads: 10
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Switched over to having to upload a rom and doing everything in javascript. There's a couple things that didn't get ported over yet, but for the most part it's back to where it was only loading much faster. Plus you can talk to people now, although a lot of the dialog is messed up. Still only have a few pieces of event code implemented.

http://ff3.herokuapp.com/
  Find

Status
None
Progress, progress, progress.

http://ff3.herokuapp.com/

Obviously haven't worked in showing / hiding sprites, and for some reason only the screen's action cue is working, but it's starting to look more like a game! I've got to figure out how the dialogs are automatically dismissed. I suspect it has something to do with the 0x11, or 0x14 values in the dialog, but I can't confirm that.

And of course I'm probably only halfway through implementing the event code. Oh well.
  Find

Status
None
Serious progress.

-The whole intro event now works, which means I've got a pretty decent chunk of event code working
-NPC show / hide bits are working
-Map load events are working (turns out that's where the NPC's fixed walking patterns are)
-Fix the damn layering bug.
-Different scrolling speeds for background.

You can see in intro event at ff3.herokuapp.com, or if you want to check out a specific map you can use URL parameters like ff3.herokuapp.com?map=75&x=7&y=30.

Things are really taking shape.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
This is starting to get pretty neat.

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
None
It's getting neater Wink

I'm starting to work on battles, thus far I've got...

Backgrounds (with ripple!).
Monsters.
Sprites.
Basic Menu Systems.
Targeting (a little wonky, and no multiselect).
Action Animations (just attack and steal thus far).

I'm excited that I'm in a position to try to do the spell animations soon. That's really the last big major hurdle, everything else is details and number crunching.
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
i been wanting to ask, but what is this exactly? I've visited your link/site several times but nothing ever happens on it.

so i don't understand it. XD
  Find

Status
None
Basically I'm trying to port the game over to HTML / Javascript so that we can go beyond hacking within the confines of what the SNES version will do. For now, I'm just trying to make the game playable.
Thus far I've only tested it in chrome and firefox (mostly chrome at the moment), so if you're not using one of those you may be out of luck, although it might work. Anyway, then you've got to upload copy of the rom (v 1.0) by clicking on the button in the upper left hand column. That *should* load up the opening scene from the game.

After that if you want to check out different maps you can navigate via query strings in the URL to different maps (you shouldn't have to re-upload the rom). So ff3.herokuapp.com/?map=55&x=28&y=28 will put you smack in the middle of Figaro Castle.

There's a lot of bugs, and things get working, then break, then get working again at various points in development, but it's coming along. It's also a real resource hog at the moment, so if you've got an old computer it might be pretty janky. Hope it'll work for you.
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
alright i'll try with chrome. cause i want to see it, tried firefox and maxthon, and it didn't work on either. Sad

haha, nvm, the site is just 1 giant application error now, will try later.
  Find

Status
None
So it was... weird it was crashing on an unused file that I haven't touched in months. Anyway, it's back up. Works for me in FF (Mac), although the menu's aren't getting styled properly. Oh well, I'll fix that eventually.
  Find