Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
World of Ruin racing randomizer

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
So Jack and I are going to be taking Dessyreqt's randomizer and f**k**g with it until we have found a decent a balanced way to generate a save that starts with a set of items and learned spells and gained Espers, levels, etc with options for most of that. The save will start just after Cid dies in the World of Ruin and the program will be designed to offer a way to race the World of Ruin (much as we have been using it to race to Kefka). 

Since Dessyreqt seemingly doesn't exist anymore and Abyssonym's randomizer is (outside of the speedcave) really not balanced in any way for racing we are taking this project on ourselves. We found Dessy's source code so at this point it'll just take a bit of time.

I'll try to keep peoples updated on it.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(03-22-2016, 06:40 PM)MrEntity Wrote: Since Dessyreqt seemingly doesn't exist anymore and Abyssonym's randomizer is (outside of the speedcave) really not balanced in any way for racing we are taking this project on ourselves. We found Dessy's source code so at this point it'll just take a bit of time.

I was going to ask you where you found the source but I realized the CodePlex page has it. I wanted to see how they do ASM changes with a .NET application (if there's any) because I'm doing something similar in my editor. Best solution I found is making a byte array with my ASM code an write it to the ROM when doing the expansion. It's not really a working solution when you have to update the code or making changes to it.

I'm not sure if you got programming experience but if you need help with coding new randomizing features I could help. It's great to see this project being worked on once again.
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
to be honest i played racecave latest version some month ago and it didn't look to me that unbalanced anymore... it's also been a while since the latest race we did.
Anyway i'll discuss further on BC races another day in its thread in order to not start a discussion here.

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find