Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
(Idea) Final Fantasy: Undead Crisis

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Aftermath
This is an idea I had while playing SAS 4 and just a mention atm I don't have PC to work on my projects.

I was thinking of how the mechanics in the Kefka battle worked on the Narshe mountain where you switch party members and the enemies have a "goal" the idea is to set Zombies to chase the player through a large city based map while the player completes the story. 

Story base (Also an idea of the top of my head)

Enter New Midgar ruins
As a young MP Cloud strives to survive in this crisis after being given a mission to survey and eliminate the target. During the arrival the team is attacked and most members are killed, a handful are scattered and even infected.

During the story the player must interact with people and objects to continue and further the story also while setting up defenses to help block out the onslaught. You'll find the past events in story set safe rooms in notes about the project that Hollander, Hojo, Shinra, and Dr. Kollar and his team (That are still in the city)have created.

The notes will be logs kept during the events as they progressed up to the outbreak. The project stims from the belief of creating an Undead army using the life stream and Jenova cells and some other methods on the dead. But the scientists didn't realize where it would lead.

Story & Mechanics-
The game will be more survival than difficulty so you have to be prepared. There's safe rooms, and the apocalyptic merchant "Scotty Boy" Who sells all sorts of items and tells his "fun" experiences during the crises. Forever holding his sense of humor.

Later in the game the player can buy other characters to play as (As a fun feature) that have setups that make the game funner or easier)
Such as:
Cloud (Soldier)
Cloud (Advent)
Zack
Angeal
Sephiroth
Dante (Devil May Cry)
Nero
Goku 
Vegeta
Prinny (Disgaea)
Dragonborn
Chris Redfield
Jill Valentine
Randy Savage (Obvious reasoning)

Weapon Mechanics:
Guns consume MP along with tactical skills like "Molotov or Grenade" You replenish with "Ammo Box" sold buy Scotty Boy or as enemy drops.

Swords:
High damage and front row use. Due to the game breaking "No ammo" requirement it'll be on sword based characters only. While sum can still use low damaging weapons like "Police Baton" 

Items (to name even more ideas)
Medkit :Health

Jenova stim pack: Full health and status recovery

Ammo Box/Crate: Ammo (MP) recovery.

Flak Jacket: Raises defense 

Shinra Training Manual: Raises damage

Spare Clips: Raises total amount of Ammo

Etc. 

Talk to me and we'll see if it's worth making.

I also forgot to mention that I can help writing stories.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
It's an original idea to say the least!

Does it worth making? Absolutely.

I see however a lot of event and map work for such a hack. For now I'll move this in hacking discussion since it's only an idea and not an actual project.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
I think you have a very clear vision of what you want to achieve, but I also think this would be very ambitious from a practical point of view. In particular, depending on the details of how you expect the zombies to work and what other ideas come up during development, this could involve some serious motivation and hacking skills to implement. It's not impossible, of course, but you need to be prepared for the challenges. Assuming you're not a programmer, finding another person with both the skills to make this work, the passion for this exact project, and the time to make this large of a commitment will probably be difficult to say the least; learning the skills that you will need to make this a reality might actually be the easier course of action (everybody around here would certainly be interested in teaching somebody to fish and all that).

Sorry if this sounds super pessimistic, but I figured that a sober assessment would probably be kinder and more useful than hearing empty silence. For what it's worth, if the hack does come to fruition, I'm sure there would be a lot of excitement for it! It's worth making if you think it is.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Aftermath
The feed back is much appreciated guys!! Most of the work would be event and mapping but I believe the game already has a base "go to location"script, I would just have to set it to the player and figure out how to setup the scripts to walk around obstacles.

Aside from that though the mapping would definitely be a gruesome project.

I think my whole idea for this idea/brainstorm was to give basic FF6 more playability. The basic " Go town to town fighting monsters" strategy is good but in constant use. I feel like by adding some imagination and handy work we could come up with some impressive new formulas that even the most experienced hackers could find new possibilities from.

I noticed most hacks are often following in the footsteps of the original game using the same setup. That's by no means a bad thing.
I just feel as if a new approach and a new way of interacting through the game could lead to even better hacks.

All that being said, I'm not gonna jump in and say "I'm doing it." But I'm not eliminating the idea. If anything I hope the idea or even eventual possible hack inspires some hackers to venture some unknown lands.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
(11-19-2018, 06:49 AM)OG Cole-Slaw Wrote: The feed back is much appreciated guys!! Most of the work would be event and mapping but I believe the game already has a base "go to location"script, I would just have to set it to the player and figure out how to setup the scripts to walk around obstacles.

Unfortunately, the game doesn't really have a "go to location" script.  With K@N, the soldiers are hardcoded to walk along certain paths.  Their script would look something like "go up one space, then go right three spaces", so they have no real knowledge of where they are going.  This is effective because the soldiers have a fixed source and a fixed destination.  The game doesn't provide a way to pathfind to the arbitrary location of a player, so this would likely need to be coded from scratch.

Confused Moogles FTW
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Lockirby2 for this post:
  • OG Cole-Slaw (11-22-2018)