Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI - Magitek command menu problem.

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hello, everyone. I'm having a bit of a problem with FFVI's Magitek menu. I just wanted to do a quick text cleanup and graphical uncensoring with FF3usME, while throwing in a few bonuses like B Button Dash. It was going so well until I entered FF3usME's battle command editor. I just gave a quick look at everything to make sure that there were no tildes in place of slashes, because I had to trade the two characters in both font blocks. I decided I needed to do a fresh start from the beginning, just in case, and I ran into a problem in the Magitek command list.

[Image: H0iE9Ny.png]

??????????, as you all probably already know, is a placeholder attack that displays no animation and does no damage, simply missing the target. The thing is, again, as you all probably know, it's supposed to be a blank space that makes the "invalid action" buzzing sound effect when clicked. This issue is honestly not a big problem, but it's ugly, and I'd like to revert it to how it was.

I looked at all other commands that require an entry into the sub-menu, and they don't appear to suffer the same problem. It's exclusive to Magitek. I've looked around the FFVI hacking resources on the web, and I can't seem to find anything to do with the menu, just the attacks themselves. I also poked around in FF3usME, and there doesn't appear to be a way to fix it within there. I can totally edit it in Windhex32, but I have no idea where to start.

Please remember that I'm a novice, and will likely need the raw hex data if I am to fix this. Thank you for your time. I'm sorry for burdening you with this! Have a nice day. Smile
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Hello and welcome! Check out this thread here it explains the issue: https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...p?tid=2574

Post #8 specifically, and #2.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I figured it out! Thank you so much, Gi Nattak! And here I was afraid that I'd have to learn assembly for those stupid Magitek commands. Hahaha.

For anyone else who's ASM-illiterate, in a hex editor, you need to go to 00019114 for an unheadered ROM, or 00019314 in headered ROM, and change "01027C047C7C7C" to "0102FF04FFFFFF" to fix this.
  Find