Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
ROTDS beta testing

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f-DXdDa3...e=youtu.be

I uploaded this video from an old version for comparison. Did you see any major differences in your version that could be the cause of a massive difficulty spike?

I was pretty lazy with this fight, I should have thrown both Bolt Scrolls at the same set of Staryus, and I was pretty much on autopilot for the second half.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
What u mean Oboro is gone? I remember keeping him there for that battle lol...?

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I mean I finally killed the stupid starfishs, and moved on, so I can't check his level. As for your fight, Kirb, the main thing I noticed is that you were taking less damage than I was. Except for El Nino, everything seemed to hit me harder. Ronan took more damage from physical attacks, naturally, because I kept him in the front row, but even Bubble seemed to hit me for like... 100 or more, if I remember right. I should have kept a save state from before the fight.
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Not sure if someone already mentioned this or not, but I'm getting this weird line thing happening on the world map. (Lots of horizontal lines appearing and disappearing.) It looks kind of similar to being poisoned, but it's only lines, not the depixilization that poison normally is. (Happening first time i get on the world map. Doesn't matter if Cloud or Aurora is leading, it happens.) It happens towards the end of the step. (Like, if you're talking frames, then it's after at least half of the frames happen in a single step. )
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
I'm pretty sure it is the version of Zsnes you are using, or if it is another emulator like on a phone. Someone else alerted me to this, and turns out he was using a really old emu. This has got to be a result of the latest ROM expansion to 6mb. I would recommend using this one if possible.
http://fusoya.eludevisibility.org/emulator/zsnes8.html

Sorry for the trouble.

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Alright, thanks a lot! Now that I'm not trying to do a low-level run, since Espers don't give stat boosts, I'm finding it a LOT easier compared to before. I mean, it isn't rofl-stomp easy, but it isn't nearly as aggravating as my first game. Once I catch up to where I was, I'll slow down again to see if there's any more grammar that needs edited. X3

(Now that it's almost midterm, things have really slowed down, as I have a schedule down, so here's hoping I get fairly far fairly quickly, now that I kinda know what I'm doing, lol.)
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
No problem! I just hope that it does is fact solve those technical difficulties, I'm fairly sure that's what it is. And good looking out on the grammar, I would bet there is a lot more that has gone unnoticed, If not that would be a miracle lol.

Status
None
Wait... Espers DON'T give bonuses? Did I miss that memo? Jesus Christ, I can LEVEL GRIND?! Hallelujah! Yeah... I may restart, and take my time now. Though my testing will be a bit slower for a while.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Ah yeah, no more esper bonuses lol. I admit to not having done a good job of documenting all the changes from the previous version and relaying them over to you guys like I should have >_<

Status
None
Well, to be honest, I hadn't exactly read all of them anyways. I probably should have... but I like a surprise.
  Find