Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
ROTDS beta testing

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Yeah, you've got a point there. In the end I ended up giving the 2x Theif Knife + Divine Gift combo to Cloud and added a Chrono Helm on him so while Oboro's stealing from the things Cloud can't land a hit, Cloud's jumping all over the battlefield, mugging everything else an average of 2-6 times. On top of THAT, I've got Eiko apamming Ragnarok for even more farming fun. Laugh

I wouldn't try this going through Zuriel's Tower or anything, but it's pretty funny to watch them just pillage everything in sight, and helps pass the time when doing some level grinding/spell learning.

On a side note, I'd like to thank you for writing the boss walkthroughs on the RotDS site. After reading up on your fights against ExDeath and Dark Cloud, I have a much better grasp on how I should set up my teams for them.

Never would have thought using Arc as Runicing tank, not with how infrequently I've used him in my playthrough haha. And I just got ahold of Flammie today, so I might finally get past that section of the last dungeon later.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
(08-03-2014, 12:54 PM)Bahamut ZERO Wrote: On a side note, I'd like to thank you for writing the boss walkthroughs on the RotDS site. After reading up on your fights against ExDeath and Dark Cloud, I have a much better grasp on how I should set up my teams for them.

Thanks, I wasn't sure if anybody was finding that stuff useful.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Sorry for the delay with updates and news, still trying to get the Golbez spell learning thing wrapped up. It's at a stand still for now until GrayShadows can hopefully get it working =/

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
If worse comes to worse, it isn't the end of the world if Golbez can't learn magic like the other characters, seeing as by the time you get to him it's a good bet that you'd have multiple characters with plenty of spells for him to have a mostly full spell list (or one with most to have Golbez as a backup mage while teaching other characters magic, thus giving Golbez more spells to dick around with). Though, I DO hope, in the worst case scenario of him not being able to learn like the others, that Golbez could still at least equip espers to use summons.

In any case, hope things are going well for you guys!
  Find

Status
Double
Any luck with the Golbez Magic thing? It's a hard thing to do, and it would be cool if you could get it working.

Have you been checking the documents, or have you been kept too busy lately?

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Medicated
(08-09-2014, 12:54 PM)Bahamut ZERO Wrote: If worse comes to worse, it isn't the end of the world if Golbez can't learn magic like the other characters, seeing as by the time you get to him it's a good bet that you'd have multiple characters with plenty of spells for him to have a mostly full spell list (or one with most to have Golbez as a backup mage while teaching other characters magic, thus giving Golbez more spells to dick around with). Though, I DO hope, in the worst case scenario of him not being able to learn like the others, that Golbez could still at least equip espers to use summons.

In any case, hope things are going well for you guys!

I actually thought he had them all by default, lol

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Hey sorry for the late response, yeah still at it here with Golbez learning magic, but I think it has been achieved and now I'm just making sure nothing is broken from it. As GrayShadows puts it you fix one thing and something else breaks, especially with this hack that has lots of changes it can be like a domino effect of issues after changing something large.

@ LK - I'm sorry I have not checked the documents in a while until this gets wrapped up. That's how I usually work things is focus on one issue at a time, or else my mind gets overloaded with negativity lol. Should be soon and back on track again though here!

@ Odbarc - it seemed that way because he shared magic with whoever was in the party like Gogo does, and since Fusoya has all those spells it seems like he does/did. But now he comes with a lot of his own spells, it's a little different than Fusoya's list as it is - and he can equip Espers and learn magic accordingly. Wink Lot of work for a character that doesn't have much play time lol.

I should also note that I have sped up the atb gauge quite a bit from what it was using one of Hatzen's patches that deals with battle speed, which should be welcomed as it was pretty darn slow how I had it due to some speed overflow check issue, or something... I think it will improve gameplay a lot and I bet now people will actually be turning the speed down now instead of up if anything. The player and monster both are affected by the battle speed like it was, but it should be better. This should also solve the issue of the fast poison/regen tics because it allowed me to turn the atb multiplication back to normal.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
YES! Jacked up atb speed! That's what I'm talking about! Can't wait to see it!
  Find

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Medicated
A faster ATB with long spell animations means the monsters catch up and attack more often. I play on the slowest game speed and just tap the frame-forward button to skip the waiting moments to get an advantage.

Status
Double
Odbarc, have you ever tried the fastest battle speed and compared it? Usually monsters outspeed your characters in this hack, so the animations generally work in your favour here. The monsters aren't the ones catching up. On the fastest battle speed, you will usually match the enemies for turns, but on the slowest, enemies will often double turn you. There are situational uses for the slowest battle speed, but overall, it is usually worse.

Confused Moogles FTW