Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 148
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Some new songs just cause.

Chrono Trigger - Singing Mountain
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/lvuyeo7g...T_Sing.mp3

A custom one, different from the one that was in previous versions of the hack that was ripped from CT. Going to use probably at the hill/cliff that Celes jumps off of. Not during that event, just in general.

Breath of Fire - Cave
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/dt88op82...-+Cave.mp3

This will be in Umaro's Cave.

FF8 - Only a Plank Between One and Perdition
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/2wrfjr05...dition.mp3

An almost metal sorta rendition I guess. Gonna use possibly at the event where Ultros is going to drop the weight on Maria.

Castlevania SOTN - Lost Painting, with wind
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/w53c3r8l...+wind_.mp3

Going to be for WoR Mobliz, before you re-recruit Terra.

Lufia - Wave of Evil
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/1yufl7kd...f+Evil.mp3

For the part in the Returners' Hideout when the soldier comes in injured. And other practical scenes like that, if any.

Romancing Saga - Dungeon
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/i877av53...ungeon.mp3

Going in the Skull Island Cave.

7th Saga - Church
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/48bc9lwc...281%29.mp3

Will be going into the new church that will be replacing the Auction House, not sure if that will happen in version 1.0 though.

Saga Frontier - Opening
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/btmfjq52...enture.mp3

I'm thinking of putting it in the choose a scenario part, but people just go choose the character right away... not sure yet.

Dragon Quest VII - Tragedy
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/itvhrtkf...ragedy.mp3

Still needs a little work I think, the string sections seem to have fluctuating volume at times for some reason. I like the song but I'm not sure where it could go, I don't think it's sad enough for Cid's death. And there's already good ones for the other sad events I think.

In other news, I've almost got the Gogo spell thing wrapped up and injecting more songs to various places. Will be checking out all the latest feedback right after that.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
You could use the Dragon Quest VII song for one of the villages in the WoR, or maybe when Arc's mother is killed? (sorry I forgot what song plays there now)
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Yeah maybe a WoR town. At 1:45 it's kinda long for the Arc's Mom dying scene, and other short sad events. Did it come out good you think? I've never played DQ7. Like I say it could use a little more work but overall is it done well in your honest opinion lol?

Status
None
Yea I think it sounds quite good, I'm glad you did a DQVII song, I liked a lot of the music in that game Smile
  Find

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 3
Status
None
"Also, I successfully expanded the ROM to 6mb and that adds a TON of more space for stuff which is awesome, since the ROM was basically full."

Oh man, shit just got real. Can't wait to hear the songs you've been working on in-game! And I imagine the extra 2mb is going to amount to plethora of awesome things on top of the already staggering amount of awesome stuff which'll blow the rest of my fuckin mind. Smile

Just got Shadow and currently about to hit up the Ancient Castle. I notice after finishing the dream sequence and getting Shadow in Fraust that the pig-Pepe thing I mentioned earlier stopped happening, so it may be triggering whenever you first get Pepe and talk to him on the airship (or at least until you go rescue somebody else or something, not totally sure).

1} Mist Castle/Dream Sequence

The first section with the wavy effect in and out of battle - trippy. The Axem Rangers were a tough trio, but I managed to take 'em down. Found a hidden save point when you first get to the Phantom Train section of the dream. It's located in the upper-right corner of the first train car you have to walk through. If a save point's meant to be there, (and it's at a great spot for one, being directly after the Axem Rangers Fight) the sprite for the save point isn't showing. Also have to point out you guys are awesome for not having my team be crammed in Jugganaut Mechas in the Fraust section, that spot used to bug me in FF6. Would have been kind of funny (but weird) to see Reaper playing around in one, though.

Once I hit the Mist Castle section, my first thought is YES, Actraiser music. I was hoping to hear some at some point in this game haha. My advice to anyone about to hit this part: explore the castle and check for items in the rooms before going in that throne room, or else you're going to miss some cool scenes and one hell of an item. The Soul Eater lives up to his name haha. Had to try this fight a couple times before I got past him, one time I almost had him and then his helpers reraised and kicked the shit out of me. But defintely a great fight, with great rewards. Havoc becomes as kickass and helpful as when Avalon first joins, and the Onimusha is a lot less game breaking then Offering. I hope I can still find an Offering-like relic though. I want to try to get a 16 hit combo with a Bizon Boat and Onimusha at critical health. Laugh

HYPER COOMMMBO~~!!!!!

Fraust / Shadow's Den

Tritoch is one hell of a fight! I came into that one with Avalon/Tifa/Mog, and it went to the wire a couple of times. I tried poisoning him like this first time you fight him. He wasn't too happy, and plagued the shit out of me. Got him in the end.

Dug the darkness in Shadow's Den, a lot more than in the Sarlac Pit. Shadow was another crazy fight for me. If I didn't have Mog equipped with gear that could nullify his attacks, I don't know if I would have made it. The Pokemon music felt out of place, though it was nice to hear again. I was hoping for a SNESified Kingdom Hearts tune for this one, like when you're first fighting the Heartless on Destiny Island at night.

After Getting Shadow I looted the town. Reunited with an old friend, got ahold of a sweetass sword, as well as money and some tabs. Glad to see that Gi Nattak and the Gang aren't afraid of a little apocalypse, like most of the people that left town. Or maybe they all held up in their homes until they perished from lack of supplies or air. If so, it would cool to see/loot some dead townsfolk. Like you go in the mayor's house or Arvis's place, and find a journal depicting what transpired in Fraust during their final days. Maybe a little cutscene of a zombie outbreak causing them to seal themselves up or something.

Alright that's about up to speed where I'm at. About to start hunting some dragons after going through the Ancient Castle and hopefully find FuSoYa. And maybe after searching for Cloud some more, haven't figured out where his spikey blond ass is hiding yet. After those two, Eiko and Golbez should be all I need for a full roster. Just got the Astral and Reaper dolls as well.

More feedback as Get shit done. Kepp up the great work guys! I've got almost 60 hours in on my playthrough and still have plenty of things to take care of. Man, can't wait to see what happens with the 2mb of extra space, whether it becomes the space needed for 150cc's of MORE MUSIC, or a bunch of great things all across the board.

I have a save at the hidden save point at the start of the Dream Phantom Train so if needed just shoot me a message or email.
  Find

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Bahamut ZERO for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (07-21-2014)

Status
None
Where was the Astral doll? I am pretty sure I missed it somewhere.
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Status
None
Just a thought that occurs to me (until my new charger arrives I have been playing the game in random intervals)

As I have not gotten to the WoR yet, or know anything about this unless it hasn't changed from the normal Rachel event, but I had a thought about it.

Would it be possible to have an event where you could "choose" which to keep? As in, sacrificing Phoenix to resurrect Aerith?

Now I realize that may be quite the impossible little venture, but I think it'd be awesome to have an option of actually getting Aerith as a PC (or even a NPC that's alive). Now sacrificing just Phoenix seems a bit of a...pointless...gesture but maybe if you still have the Odin-Raiden event, you could maybe IDK, have see a similar dilemma from his past and give you the option of having him spend the last of his energies to fully restore Phoenix so that Cloud and Aerith could be together...or something...I just really want Aerith to have a chance of coming back to life. And leaving it up to the player would give them the choice on whether they want her to stay dead, or come back.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
It is possible but out of the range of my skill lol. The event part I could handle, but without simply sacrificing another character spot for her it would be like the 15th man project in terms of difficulty, minus the complex skill. Although there would still need to be assembly done for her as well. I'd love to though eventually if that code for the 15th man is finished and released by some miracle. The only other alternative I could think of would be to sacrifice one of the guest character items for her to allow her to join, as a guest character that you get in the WoR. But I'm not too wild about that option, taking something away to put something else in. Although I'm sure a lot of people would rather have Aerith than Astral.

@ DJKool the Astral Doll I think is just given to you by Astral in WoR Narsh, inside on of the houses.

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Status
None
Hmm...I honestly would prefer Aerith over Astral lol...(but then again I have always loved Aerith, mostly because she is not nearly as "goody-two shoes" as everyone makes her out to be...she really is a serious thrill-seeker, sarcastic, manipulative, and sometimes even cruel. Of course she caring and compassionate too...)

Maybe make a poll about it?

Aerith or Astral?

of course if the 15th man code ever comes out, that'll pretty much solve that dilemma lol
  Find

Status
None
Yea that would be pretty cool, though Aerith would have to be pretty damn awesome to give up the spells that Phoenix teaches.

Is there actually an Esper that teaches Curaga? I have all the espers except the last three slots, and I have yet to be able to learn it.

Found Astral! I feel like a dummy, I remember thinking "Oh Astral is probably here since that guy said he sealed all the doors!" I somehow checked every house in Narshe EXCEPT the one that he was in...
  Find