Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
ROTDS beta testing

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hmm... The rom is the updated one from fixing the level bug, but the save state and save is from before the bug fix... maybe thats it? That I do just need to restart?
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
It -might- be, but I don't see how changing the 2 jumps to the right locations for the previous bug fix would mess with the Blitzes he knows, just thinking out loud here. And that's why I'm confused here is I used the old save data you sent, with the new ROM, and its working. So in theory, if you were playing from the old save data you sent me the other day, with the new ROM, it should work also...

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
That IS true... It would work. But, huh... I wonder why it didn't? I'll try starting a new game later.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Or, maybe first use that save you sent me the other day, before the mountain. But that's what you must have done, so it seems like it's futile. But it's worth a try I guess since it seems to work fine here. I'm wondering if somehow the save state data got corrupted somehow between the last 2 versions.

Cause how the RAM has been re-worked now, it (save state data) might indeed get derped easier now when making changes between ROMS versions. That's the only hypothesis I can think of here anyway atm. Because the save state data seems corrupt, but the regular srm save data you sent the other day is good.

Yes I'd definatly try from that 9-11-14 save, you should be able to retrieve that from the sent email. I'm fairly sure Blitz will be working correctly then from using that save data, with the latest ROM of course. And as always very sorry for troubles. Oh and be sure to not mix up that 9-11-14 save with the latest ones that seem to be corrupt.

4th edit here...
Testing on that 9-11-14 save again here, now I'm having the issue... I'm gonna take a break here before I explode, and maybe try from a new game or try and figure out why it did just work for me before, sigh.

100% new game seems to 'fix' it, made sure 3 times. Sadly I doubt we'll ever know exactly why and how it got messed up there, but it must have been something with save data and the 2 different ROM versions. Or maybe this issue is something bigger than just starting a new game, but I doubt it and really hope not...

I created and used save states from this new game(s) to make sure one can still even use save states, and they work without trouble.

Also one question I have is how were you able to edit Raditz's hp down to 1? Usme should not be able to open the ROM, so I'm just curious if you figured out how to 'unlock' it or if there's another editor or if you went in the hex or what -- I'm not accusing of any cheating or upset whatsoever, it's just to help a tiny bit maybe understand how the blitz issue came to be, which it probably isn't. The ROM is very "iffy" these days in terms of making any changes you see, from relocating and changing how lots of different kinds of data used to be read.

Status
None
I actually did use Usme. I just opened it, went into the enemy editor, found the correct Raditz, and moved the hp to 1. I saved it, and it worked. I was kinda surprised, myself. I won't be doing it again, I just wasn't sure when you were gonna be able to respond to that first post about the bug, so I thought maybe I'd see if I couldn't find the problem myself. Try to help out a little, ya know? Anyways, starting over. Thankfully, its not THAT far.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Huh interesting, maybe it's just this unreleased version of usme I use that locks up the ROM by simply changing the internal ROM name, which was the trick ;p

I really am sorry for the starting over, that honestly kills me a bit to have you or anyone have to do that, but I guess that's beta testing. Thanks for doing it, and I will be nervously awaiting the news about how it goes this time 0_0

Status
None
So, I got to refight Tritoch, so thats a plus. A couple things I noticed about the fight thats interesting. One, whenever its Poison level gets to 3, and 'unleashes poison'... it doesn't remove the poison from itself. Dunno if its supposed to or not, but it seemed like it should. Second, the poison damage it takes gets higher every time you use it. I had it taking close to 4k damage from poison.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
The poison is meant to stack yes, it can get up there pretty damn high!
And you're very right, he should have his poison removed after that lvl 3 bio release! Good thinking there sir. =)

Status
None
So, kinda confused. It stacks, even though the poison is supposed to be removed? Also, I was wrong. Rippler did remove its poison, so thats a good sign. Tongue
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Yeah Rippler seemed to remove it when I was testing that, but a lot of the time it does kick off an extra tic lol, is what I finally figured.

I understand the confusion also, as I kinda share the same concern rather, the issue being after it is removed, when it is re-applied it continues off where it was last stacked at, which is basically cheap and, uh, not right. I've not looked into getting it back to non-stacked damage, especially now since the tics are a lot slower, but it might be worth looking into that.