Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
ROTDS beta testing

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Greeaat. Second restart in one day. Whew. Well, it's not THAT far at least. Ok, lemme see what I can do. Also, uhh... does the zombie at the end of the cave by Figaro get explained? I'm sorely confused by it.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
LOL, you're going to be a master at speedrunning these first few bosses! But yeah man, ugh. I can relate with your pain, I've had to play from New game at least over 100 times to test things that needed to be from a new game...it quickly take the fun right out of things. At least like you say it is early in the game, that's a saving grace with this one.

That Zombie, is a random zombie lol. I should probably have some kinda dialog about it, either after the battle or some NPC in town, something. I want to portray like the world is getting worse with tons of monsters, and now the dead coming back to life. Basically like the Dark Sorcerer being back on Gaia is causing a bunch of evil shit to happen.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
I think some dialog would be nice. Oooh, what you could do is something like... say something after the battle, and once the Dark Sorceror is revived, have someone say something in the second world about people dying becoming zombies. Kind of a tie in. Now, for the results of the Raditz Fight. I sped run from the beginning, to there, in about 45 minutes. Pretty impressive, if I do say so myself... BUT HE DOESN'T KNOW GALIC GUN STILL! GAAAAH! I even deleted absolutely EVERYTHING ROTDS related in the folder!

I know I'm doing it right, because I'm using Thunder Fists, and even Guiltone Flash! I just don't know anymore... I'm calling it a night. Frustrated, tired, sleepy... I'll try again tomorrow. I'll delete the whole frigging folder, remove ZSNES and all! No trace of emulator OR game!
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
I can't think of why on earth is it on my side working here and not there. I cannot seem to replicate the issue here, and there you cannot seem to not have it happen lol. I dunno. I won't dare ask you to try again as there is little point it seems, I will have to just look into this more I suppose. I can ask grayshadows if he can think of anything. More testers chiming in about this would be nice also lol, to see if it's widespread.

gonna try a run here myself once more with no save state editing.

Status
None
Yeah, we have at least... what? Ten? Maybe? But whatever. I'll keep trying it tomorrow, see what I can do.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Annnd now it IS doing it for me also...very weird still though, seems random now.
#*% I will get to trying to figure this out this asap.

Had a 12 round bout with this issue today with Grayshadows who helped me out until it was fixed. It IS fixed now, I got a bit more testing to do because I'm paranoid as a crackhead in a police station about this now, but we were able to find a bad part in his Natural Abilities code that was causing it and fixed it up. Should be re-sending it out today. And no need for a new game!

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 1
Status
None
Nice work on making it so Golbez can learn magic properly, as well as the addition of new music. I loaded it just to check it out a bit, loving the Lufia 2 battle music Smile
  Find

Threads: 0
Status
None
can I get the latest release?

I don't have the patience you guys have for restarts, but I'm ready to begin again. lol.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
I'll be sending it out again today, I must have lost your email if you could pm me it here I'll send it your way.

Status
None
Yo, Gi, I never received the email for the fixed version, where Ronan can actually win. lol
  Find