Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6 Hack Idea: The New Resistance

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Well, if I wasn't so horribly distracted, I could finish it today. The latest you'll have it is Tuesday.
  Find

Status
None
If you do change his name, I recommend the name Virgil. My reasoning for this is actually kind of complicated.
The final boss in FFVI was the Tower of Kefka, right? Well, three tiers of the tower are based on a portion of the epic poem, "Divine Comedy", written by Dante Alighieri. The story is about two men, Dante and Virgil who travel through Hell, Purgatory and Heaven (Inferno, Purgatorio, and Paradiso). Hell is represented in Divine Comedy by Satan trapped up to his waist. The beasts, machinery, and humans of the second part of Kefka's Tower are a representation of Purgatory, which was the second part of Divine Comedy. Finally, Heaven is the last part, where Dante speaks to God himself (represented here by Kefka) and God tells him the meaning of life.
Back to my point, Dante and Virgil were the main protagonists in this story, so why not add to the symbolism? I strongly suggest Virgil instead of Vincent.
Just thought I'd update you on Vincent.
Basic movement sprites are completed.
[Image: imgshk.png]
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
yeah I see your point, and I am very familiar with that story

I suppose the reason why I didn't do that was because of the whole Devil May Cry thingy thing thing lmao

but yeah I suppose Virgil will be much better regardless

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
Yeah, I understand what you're saying about DMC. It's unlikely most other players will get the reference and will probably immediately connect it to DMC. But I still think it would be better.
  Find

Status
None
yeah, you're right....f**k WHAT THEY THINK! lmao j/k

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
hahahaha, damn straight!

Well, like I said, the latest you'll get Virgil is Tuesday, and you'll probably get it before then. I'll let you know when I update it more.
  Find

Status
None
iight then bro

-HNIC

Status
None
So whose next on your list?
  Find

Status
None
well I suppose its either Demo, or Marcus

Marcus is the Narshe Guard, and Demo is the cyborg, I figured to make everyone's lives easier you can use General Leo's body (I find that the perfect uniform for him), I say just switch the blue & green in his outfit, give him a bionic left arm and a bionic right leg anf there we go :p

I suppose u can alter Leo's hair so its not like a Mohawk n a little longer

I figured his weapon of choice would be ninja blades, like what Shadow uses (just bear with me here), his bionic arm has a blade compartment on his wrist, so a thin short blade would come out of it :p

-HNIC

Status
None
I'll give that a shot as soon as I'm finished with Virgil, but I'm changing comps AGAIN on Tuesday or Wednesday, so I'll only be giving an example sprite for the time being. Unless you wanted to do Demo?

Actually, I'm having trouble with one of Virgil's sprites too...do you think you could do the sprite of him being hit? I'm not very good with those ones.
  Find