Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Some final code requests (and screenshots)

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
(11-07-2018, 01:01 PM)madsiur Wrote:
(11-07-2018, 06:57 AM)Lightning Wrote: Ehm, unfortunately the only build I have without the Shock once per battle code is like 3 months ago, so not worth going back that far just for a cursor fix!

Well you can make a reverse patch. Apply the patch to a clean ROM and create a reverse patch with the modified ROM as base ROM and vanilla ROM as modified ROM.

Sounds like he's okay with the cursor issue instead of reversing it and not having it at all.

I'd really like to use this patch as well, but with a glaring issue like that I'm sure it'd drive me crazy >:[
That, and there's some outside patches I use that conflict with this in a terrible way...
Hopefully someday GrayShadows will bless us with a fix!

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(11-07-2018, 01:22 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Sounds like he's okay with the cursor issue instead of reversing it and not having it at all.

I dunno from his sentence it seems he was saying it's not worth to redo 3 months of work for a cursor fix, a reverse patch solve this.
  Find

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
(11-07-2018, 01:01 PM)madsiur Wrote:
(11-07-2018, 06:57 AM)Lightning Wrote: Ehm, unfortunately the only build I have without the Shock once per battle code is like 3 months ago, so not worth going back that far just for a cursor fix!

Well you can make a reverse patch. Apply the patch to a clean ROM and create a reverse patch with the modified ROM as base ROM and vanilla ROM as modified ROM.

Like Gi Nattak suspected, I would much rather keep my slightly incorrect cursor with the offering than lose my blue/pink MP digits!  I have grown to like them quite a lot. Smile

(11-07-2018, 12:19 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Oh I meant a backup to see if that's indeed how the issue spawned, not reverting all work back 3 months to a working cursor build!  Hold on

Hah, after I thought about it more, I realized that was likely what you meant. I will go back and see when the issue started!
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
Madsiur's idea is spot on, its the most safe and simple way to fix issues caused by a specific patch.

Find

Status
None
(11-07-2018, 03:03 PM)Warrax Wrote: Madsiur's idea is spot on, its the most safe and simple way to fix issues caused by a specific patch.

Yes, but that will not actually fix the bug unless I remove the patch altogether, which has already been decided isn't worth losing the patch in question. Smile
  Find

Status
None
Can anyone help me get the Beam animation effect (like bolt beam, fire beam, aura bolt, etc.) to work coming from a monster? I tried messing with the spell animation in FF3usME for hours and got nowhere. Basically, I just want the same behavior as Tek Laser, but with a different larger beam like Bolt Beam. Everything I try glitches the game out big time.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
You won't get far with FF3usME changes unless you know what you are doing or are a bit lucky. Those three words in the animation data are simply pointers to BG1, BG3 and sprite animation scripts in bank $D0 (disassembly here). If you just change numbers, you are pointing to the middle of another script and this will never do anything good as result. If you put the value(s) of another spell, make sure you replace a BG1 pointer by another BG1 pointer as an example. You can't have two sprite or BG3 scripts I think in the same animation but I've never tested this.

Some spells only have one or two scripts. To find a good mix you gotta swap values logically. The disassembly can help to identify scripts pointers which will always be the beginning of a script.
  Find

Status
None
Thanks. By playing around with FF6MDE using "battle_anim_script.txt" as a reference, I was able to put together a few nice looking spells through trial and error!
  Find

Status
None
Can someone tell me which byte controls the item given by the sick man in Mobiliz? I want to change the Tintinabar to something else. It should be item number "E5" somewhere (posted this in the shoutbox too, since this is a double post and may not show up).
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(12-12-2018, 09:49 PM)Lightning Wrote: Can someone tell me which byte controls the item given by the sick man in Mobiliz? I want to change the Tintinabar to something else. It should be item number "E5" somewhere (posted this in the shoutbox too, since this is a double post and may not show up).

Just search for "tintinabar" in the event dump and you'll land on it.
  Find