Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Some final code requests (and screenshots)

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Don't forget Joker Doom, which is actually Dispatch  Sweat

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Does anyone know why the Offering in my mod no longer shows the multi-target cursor? It now allows you to choose which enemy to attack, even though it still randomly attacks all enemies regardless of your choice. Is there a byte somewhere that controls this behavior to revert back to the multi-target cursor?
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(11-05-2018, 06:14 PM)Lightning Wrote: Does anyone know why the Offering in my mod no longer shows the multi-target cursor?  It now allows you to choose which enemy to attack, even though it still randomly attacks all enemies regardless of your choice.  Is there a byte somewhere that controls this behavior to revert back to the multi-target cursor?

I know it sets a "randomize targets" bit (bit 6 of $BA), this is done in two places, maybe only one actually concerns offering, $C231D8 and $C22A10. I would first verify if that this is still set.

Edit: You probably have $BA set correctly, maybe your problem is the targeting function at $C25937..
  Find

Status
None
(11-05-2018, 10:05 PM)madsiur Wrote:
(11-05-2018, 06:14 PM)Lightning Wrote: Does anyone know why the Offering in my mod no longer shows the multi-target cursor?  It now allows you to choose which enemy to attack, even though it still randomly attacks all enemies regardless of your choice.  Is there a byte somewhere that controls this behavior to revert back to the multi-target cursor?

I know it sets a "randomize targets" bit (bit 6 of $BA), this is done in two places, maybe only one actually concerns offering, $C231D8 and $C22A10. I would first verify if that this is still set.

Edit: You probably have $BA set correctly, maybe your problem is the targeting function at $C25937..

All other weapons using multi-targeting are fine.  I think this bug was created with HatZen08's Basic Offering patch.  In the readme, it states the following:

$C22A0B - $C22A1B   main code

$C3FC00 - $C3FC15   null special effect

I'm not exactly sure what I can revert back to the original code without ruining the changes that Hatzen08 did here, since I don't have a clue what he changed and for what purpose!
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(11-05-2018, 11:12 PM)Lightning Wrote: I think this bug was created with HatZen08's Basic Offering patch.

Have you tried applying the patch to a clean ROM? If it is the culprit you could just revert $C22A0B-$$C22A1B to normal. $C3FC00-$C3FC15 is free space.
  Find

Status
None
(11-06-2018, 11:15 AM)madsiur Wrote:
(11-05-2018, 11:12 PM)Lightning Wrote: I think this bug was created with HatZen08's Basic Offering patch.

Have you tried applying the patch to a clean ROM? If it is the culprit you could just revert $C22A0B-$$C22A1B to normal. $C3FC00-$C3FC15 is free space.

Ok, I spent the whole morning looking back through previous builds of my hack to see when this issue started, and it doesn't seem to be linked to the basic offering patch after all.  In fact, I don't have a clue what it is linked to, because I can't find any hacks I applied around the time the problem first popped up!  I looked at all those code banks you suggested, and the only one that looked different from a vanilla ROM is C22A0B-C22A1B.  However, when I reverted this code back to the original, it did not fix multi-target issue with the offering as I thought it would.  Now I am even more stumped!
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Do you have a backup before the Shock cost MP code was implemented? Checking it out here I did a patch report and pretty sure narrowed it down to some code at C252C7 - C252E9, and looking at one version of the Shock costs MP code I see it does alterations there, so that'd be my guess. There's a bunch more to that code than just that spot, though, so would need to revert the whole thing to test or else it'd crash..

EDIT: Can pretty much confirm it's that, I patched it over my ROM and the same thing happens.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
(11-06-2018, 03:04 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Do you have a backup before the Shock cost MP code was implemented? Checking it out here I did a patch report and pretty sure narrowed it down to some code at C252C7 - C252E9, and looking at one version of the Shock costs MP code I see it does alterations there, so that'd be my guess. There's a bunch more to that code than just that spot, though, so would need to revert the whole thing to test or else it'd crash..

EDIT: Can pretty much confirm it's that, I patched it over my ROM and the same thing happens.

Ehm, unfortunately the only build I have without the Shock once per battle code is like 3 months ago, so not worth going back that far just for a cursor fix!  That is, unless you just want to see that build to compare.  If it's too hard to fix, I will just leave it.  It is more of an annoyance than anything, and does not affect game play in any way that I've seen.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Oh I meant a backup to see if that's indeed how the issue spawned, not reverting all work back 3 months to a working cursor build!  Hold on

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
Tissue-aware
(11-07-2018, 06:57 AM)Lightning Wrote: Ehm, unfortunately the only build I have without the Shock once per battle code is like 3 months ago, so not worth going back that far just for a cursor fix!

Well you can make a reverse patch. Apply the patch to a clean ROM and create a reverse patch with the modified ROM as base ROM and vanilla ROM as modified ROM.
  Find