Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sprite Armor Code

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
Hey there! I figured I'd try to contribute something since all I do is ask questions, so here it goes!

A WHILE back I had tried to learn how to change a characters sprite depending on what armor they were wearing (just like the moogle suit) and was able to do just that thanks to help from Madsiur and Angelo.

Since I have been back I have seen about 2 posts where someone was asking how to do the same thing and my most was linked too (which is flattering xD). But having forgot what I did or what things meant, it got confusing to say the least.

SO! I have just recently figured it out again and decided to post the code here on what to do what creating the armor (if an admin needs to delete the old thread, that would be fine by me Smile).

1st off, you need to go to the location of the moogle armor changing a characters sprite into a moogle found at C2/2872. Here's what yer gonna see for the armor code:

C2/2872: A5 C9
C2/2874: C9 9F (9F is the armor ID number in HEX)
C2/2876: D0 0B (This is checking for a condition[from what I understand])
C2/2878: 8A
C2/2879: 0A
C2/287A: 0A
C2/287B: 0A
C2/287C: 0A
C2/287D: A8 (From what I understand, 8A-A8 is the transfering and recieving of data. These are not to be changed when creating armor codes.)
C2/287E: A9 0A (0A is the ID number of the sprite in HEX)
C2/2880: 99 AE 2E (I can't really explain this part perfectly, but I call it the "confirm" or "loader" and it should not be changed)

That is the typical Moogle Suit Sprite Change

NOW to add your own armor, we need to make this code read from a different location so you can have more space for more armor.

To move it, we want to change C2/2874 to the following:

C2/2874: 20 YY XX (XXYY is the loaction you want to start reading from. The 20 is JSR which is jumping to subroutine in the same bank. In this case, the address you entered)

Then you want to get rid of C2/2877-C2/2882 by changing the data to EA (This meakes NOP which means No Operation).

So yer new moogle code from C2/2872-C2/2882 should look like this:

C2/2872: A5 C9
C2/2874: 20 YY XX
C2/2877: EA EA EA EA EA EA EA EA EA EA EA EA

Now we need to set up the new armor codes. For the most part it will be the same as the original Moogle Armor code except for the A5 C9 code since that's already entered.

So starting at the XXYY you entered above, this is what you enter(We're gonna do C2/6670 for this example):

C2/6670: C9 WW (WW is gonna be the HEX of the ID number of the armor you want to change someones sprite)
C2/6672: D0 0B (This is again checking for a condition)
C2/6674: 8A
C2/6675: 0A
C2/6676: 0A
C2/6677: 0A
C2/6678: 0A
C2/6679: A8
C2/667A: A9 ZZ (ZZ is the HEX of the ID number of the sprite you want to replace the character equipped with the armor)

That is the code to Change you Sprite with Armor. You can have as many as you like as long as you start right up after the ending of the previous armor change. WHEN your done and not adding any more armor, you need to add 60 for the RTS so it returns to the original code.

So if the only armor we were doing was the one shown above, it would be:

C2/667A: A9 ZZ
C2/667C:60

I hope this was helpful to everyone! If you need any help with this simple task let me know xD

~Roy Objection!
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Royaken for this post:
  • Catone (05-30-2015), Murak Modder (05-30-2015)

Threads: 8
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
Thanking you so very much for this buddy!

I was wanting to make special alternative outfits or disguises that we can wear, and this is going to be so very useful for my endeavors. *3*

┬──┬ ノ(゜-゜ノ) I return thee table to thy intended position, mankind does not mean to flip you so often.
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Good post, good info.

Something like this is another reason I was working on adding extra full sprite sheets beyond replacing normal ones. If done right it would almost be possible to do this for just armor styles. But still a work in progress.

Back on topic, thanks for the clean sorted out info.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find