Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6LE Requests & Suggestions

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
This thread is for the developers of FF6LE, or the Rogue edition to read. It's also for us whom use it who want to request a new feature, or a fix.
------------------------------------------------
[Image: imgshk.png]
I've used FF6LE extensively for a few years now and my only suggestion as of right now is the ability to alter a tiles 'subtile' and have it save. If this were possible, I could essentially add a shit ton of new tiles to a tileset, and utilize them through subtile manipulation.
Look at the above screenshot as an example, those blank squares with square dots inside them are unused and quite possibly usable. If the subtile feature were to save and not revert back to it's default position, all this would be possible.
So, this is my suggestion, do any of you have suggestions that Lord J or some other developer of the program may or may not be aware of?
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
Well I Lord J ever take suggestions, I would suggest that a new FF6LE use a expansion bank for the regular maps like FF6LE Rogue is suppose to do for the world maps. So if the amount of tiles of a map exceed what the regular location in the ROM can handle, it would be copied and saved in the expansion bank.

With such an implementation, we could edit more freely the regular maps without worrying if the next tile we replace will create an error when we save. In some maps we can replace or add some tiles, but in most of them the modification we are allowed to is very limited...
  Find