Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Some final code requests (and screenshots)

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Can anyone tell me how to stop the "health" ability from being reflected and dodged? It really glitches out and makes the character walk forward several steps when it is reflected. I thought about giving the health ability to Umaro (who is now functional and equippable) to make him more appealing. However, the health ability is not on the spell list, so I don't know how to change its attributes.
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
The health command use the Cure2 spell and its properties. As for the bugs, I suspect this will require ASM to fix all the issues.

Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
(10-04-2018, 01:40 PM)Lightning Wrote: Can anyone tell me how to stop the "health" ability from being reflected and dodged?  It really glitches out and makes the character walk forward several steps when it is reflected.  I thought about giving the health ability to Umaro (who is now functional and equippable) to make him more appealing.  However, the health ability is not on the spell list, so I don't know how to change its attributes.

Hatzen08 has made a patch that prevent the step forward iirc: https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/thread...l#pid34485
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Warrax (10-04-2018)

Status
None
(10-04-2018, 02:00 PM)Warrax Wrote: The health command use the Cure2 spell and its properties. As for the bugs, I suspect this will require ASM to fix all the issues.

I never knew that health simply used Cure2!  I wonder then why reflecting it causes the player to step forward a bunch of times?

(10-04-2018, 02:07 PM)madsiur Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 01:40 PM)Lightning Wrote: Can anyone tell me how to stop the "health" ability from being reflected and dodged?  It really glitches out and makes the character walk forward several steps when it is reflected.  I thought about giving the health ability to Umaro (who is now functional and equippable) to make him more appealing.  However, the health ability is not on the spell list, so I don't know how to change its attributes.

Hatzen08 has made a patch that prevent the step forward iirc: https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/thread...l#pid34485

That patch seems to change the Shock/Health command to a magic casting animation, but I actually don't see a fix in that thread for the step forward bug unless I am missing something!

Edit: Actually, forget trying to fix the step forward bug. I think the proper route here is to modify the health ability to point to a different ability other than Cure2 (one that is not reflectable). That should fix these issues. Can someone tell me which code tells health to cast cure2? I'm hoping we are talking about a single byte here that can be changed!
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
(10-04-2018, 02:08 PM)Lightning Wrote: Can someone tell me which code tells health to cast cure2?

Code:
C2/171E: A9 2E        LDA #$2E       (Cure 2)
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Lightning (10-04-2018)

Status
None
(10-04-2018, 02:30 PM)madsiur Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 02:08 PM)Lightning Wrote: Can someone tell me which code tells health to cast cure2?

Code:
C2/171E: A9 2E        LDA #$2E       (Cure 2)

Thanks!  I think I will dump the "Mute" ability at index 172 and redirect the few monsters that use it to the Mute spell instead (why there were ever two of them, I don't know).  I will turn the Mute ability to a cure spell that can't be blocked or reflected.  Plus, I always kind of wanted to change the color of the health ability, so now I can do that, too!
  Find

Status
None
I just noticed that Interceptor no longer protects Relm in the General Leo edition in the WOR. I wonder if that was intentional or a new bug? I now see a dog wandering around Thamasa, but I'm not sure if that's supposed to be Interceptor. Gi Nattak, maybe the event changes with Shadow that we did also stops Interceptor from joining Relm? Can this be fixed?

Also, that thief-type guy who tells you about the Zone Eater in Thamasa for some reason incorrectly talks about waking up in Doma Castle and being attacked by Demons instead. Another bug...
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
In the Vanilla game Relm was never protected by Intercepter, did Fedora Joe make this change? And if so, are you 100% sure it carried over to the WOR? It sounds not like a bug, all the statuses get removed at the end of the WOB, so he might have just not re-applied it for the WOR upon getting Relm back, I'd imagine. But no I did nothing to remove Intercepter status from Relm with that Colosseum stuff. It's a status that needs to be set via event code, like Magitek status. The dog wondering around Thamasa I've always assumed is Intercepter, but I'm not sure. If he shows up after Shadow is rescued in the original game, this would seem true, but I forgot if that's what happens and not too sure how it is in Gen. Leo Edition.

About the NPC, some NPCs say different things at different times, I'm not sure about that guy but I highly doubt it's a bug, just some condition that was met or not yet met causing him to branch to a certain dialog, would be my guess.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 3
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
I think Interceptor wander in Thamasa WOR after Relm as been rescued and disappear when you recruit Shadow in the Colosseum. He won't appear in town until you rescue Relm.

Find

Status
None
(10-20-2018, 02:07 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: In the Vanilla game Relm was never protected by Intercepter, did Fedora Joe make this change? And if so, are you 100% sure it carried over to the WOR? It sounds not like a bug, all the statuses get removed at the end of the WOB, so he might have just not re-applied it for the WOR upon getting Relm back, I'd imagine. But no I did nothing to remove Intercepter status from Relm with that Colosseum stuff. It's a status that needs to be set via event code, like Magitek status. The dog wondering around Thamasa I've always assumed is Intercepter, but I'm not sure. If he shows up after Shadow is rescued in the original game, this would seem true, but I forgot if that's what happens and not too sure how it is in Gen. Leo Edition.

About the NPC, some NPCs say different things at different times, I'm not sure about that guy but I highly doubt it's a bug, just some condition that was met or not yet met causing him to branch to a certain dialog, would be my guess.
I am pretty sure Relm is protected by interceptor in vanilla FF3 if you let Shadow die!

Can anyone help me re-enable the code for the dog to protect Relm in that case?  I would be surprised if Fedorajoe intended to have interceptor walking around in the WOR after getting Relm back for the rest of the game.

You might be right about the guy saying different things at different times; I thought about that too after making the post.  I will do more testing.

Edit: just verified in a wiki that interceptor is supposed to join Relm after the events at Owzer's mansion if you let Shadow die in the original game. For a minute there I thought I was going crazy!
  Find