Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6 ROTDS first time run playthrough

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
part 63: Owned Proto-Babil
This boss describes pretty much well why i hate bosses that focus one single elem. attack: find the related elemental protection at it's not even a fight anymore... the second form did some extra non-lightning attack but it wasn't that much different...

part 64: Super ROTDS World
Why Cactuar portrait battle blocked somehow charachter's sprite swaps, like morph and clear status? i mean, they were active and working but Aurora was still in her human form sprite or the sprite was still visible... are you aware of that, Gi Nattak?
Fun fact: without Otis the fight against cactuar became infinite! even more stupid the fact i kept attacking in near death status to trigger Desperation attack, but i forgot they couldn't be used if the user is in clear status...

Against Wario and Evil Mario god only knows why Serin was counted out when i used Ark esper and he didn't jump with the others... any clue?

part 65: Immortal thiefs??
"Those immortals... steal and running away"... cheap bastards!!!

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
good stuff tenka keep finding this stuff, its amazing how many different things can occur for different people in these playthroughs

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
About the sprite not changing (Morph, Vanish, etc.), after looking into this I was pretty sure it was caused by a flag that was customized to disallow warping (and running still) from some certain formations that in the original did not play out like a normal battle. Kinda hard to explain atm, but anyway, while being half right I see now that it's actually an original bug possibly of sorts with the 'Can't run w/L+R,warp/smoke works' flag that some of the more special formations that have battle events of some sort, well this is the check I (madsiur did the coding) use now for some formations like I said, and I see here in the original game if it is checked the sprites do not change either... So in other words it happens as well in the original if that flag is set and you Morph, Clear, Imp etc., and is not the fault of madsiur's warp check code which I thought at first =p

Also, if you enter the battle vanished, or imped, it will not show it still, so the flag makes sure to show the character sprite only seems like.

So maybe this is not a bug I'm thinking, like that flag/code is set up intentionally like this as a precaution to prevent the characters from changing sprites when entering the epic scene battles? That's probably it... maybe it can be deactivated. Anyone know where this might be located? Then I guess that would have them possible to be invisible or imp for those special formation scenes, but I could just remove all statuses via event I'd think if that's the case right before those battles.

As for Ark the airship esper there denying Serin to come aboard, while hilarious, I am not sure how that happened, it's set 100% not to miss and besides that I have no clue lol. I can't seem to re-produce it, but I'll have to look into it more.
EDIT:
Actually, Palidor makes a character not jump if you have Petrify, Sleep, Stop, Hide, or Freeze status applied, so it must have been one of those on him.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
Atma
Quote:it's actually an original bug possibly of sorts with the 'Can't run w/L+R,warp/smoke works'

Interesting...

Quote:As for Ark the airship esper there denying Serin to come aboard, while hilarious, I am not sure how that happened, it's set 100% not to miss and besides that I have no clue lol. I can't seem to re-produce it, but I'll have to look into it more.
Well at least now you can see the bug in action, rather than just a statement...

PS. have checked this one?
Quote:part 60: Searching for a drunk
Spoiler (Click to View)
Gi Nattak, check 8:10... there's a formation which has a buggy mould, or something!

part 66: Doing stuff
Who in the heck is the cloaked guy in 7:00 that turns immediately into flowers? O_o

Another situation in which i actually didn't know what to expect? the one in which Avalon could talk with lela this time... it's difficult defining myself disappointed, i mean, what in the hell should had to happen there? (maybe a prize XD )

Omega Mk.4 behaves perhaps like the one in 10 global boss challenge of Zeemis? i already fought it once in that case...

part 67: No more zombie boss? Too much mainstream!
I'm still not sure if Veldt song has something to do with ending song of Breath of Fire 3 or one RPG maker song in particular... dunno.

Inside Veldt cave there's a weird song... i can't tell if one instrument(Oboe, i think) works as intended or not, could you hear that song from my video and verify it?

I was surprised to not see a certain patch applied to ROTDS, i mean, Oboro Buu?!? ahahah! that was hilarious XD
Quite funny to see Tifa warping away in that fight too.

Speaking of which... in colosseum the song resets each time i change room or exit from inventory... is there any way to fix that?

part 68: Farming in town
Here you can farm Purple stuff and elemental rods for free!!

I'm still wondering if Steal formula is still the same of vanilla or not...

What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Oops yeah those caped dudes are showing before they turn to flowers lol, good eye on that! The cape dudes have the flower sprite in it because it was expanded to make a full sheet character instead, but the change to the flower pose should kick in before the screen fades in =X An easy fix at least, glad you noticed.

The song in the cave sounds normal, how it's intended to sound anyway according to the midi, pretty close anyway lol, those pitch bends are pretty weird yeah. It's labeled as Dangerous Hideout, from Secret of the Stars. It seems to be impossible to find the song online though, and it doesn't appear to be on the OST. But yeah, sounds as should to me.

The steal formula is unchanged I think, unless there's some patch in the improvement project that touches on it. In 1.4 I edited the % in comparison with the monster level, so at really high levels it is still possible.

The Veldt song you are hearing is Xenoblade Gaur Plains, done exquisitely well by Jackimus. In 1.4 the WoR has another song though, so it will play just in the WoB.

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
mike i noticed that flower thing months ago shame on you Tongue

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Status
Atma
Yeah, i was stopped from Wario's web, the stupid thing was that 2-3 seconds later stop status faded out Finger

-------------------

part 69: Where's Pepe?!?
The soldier inside the snowman gave me a stone... does it enlarge the size of the circle when you travel in dark places?
Ok, what's happened to Pepe? in the airship there's no trace of him!

part 70: Hunting time!
Defeated Garuda...
Anyway i'm pretty sure that without savestates the current position in the map of Blue Dragon NPC sprite would lead to a lot of resets.

part 71: Why people has trouble in recruiting FuSoYa?
I heard people complaining about not being able to find FuSoYa... but how?!? it's not even hidden!

Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Yes the Rare item the soldier gives you does exactly that, increases the radius of the light in those dark places.

About Pepe, I'll look into it but I think I already fixed this, there was some issues with Pepe's memory bit and a bad issue with once you recruited him the shops in narshe got really bugged. I'll double check though.

Lol, ran out of text boxes for new dialog once Fusoya is re-recruited and present in town... someday when dialog can be expanded I'm going to go crazy giving so many NPC different text. You're right it is bad they say that =X Maybe I can have them say SOMETHING else at least, like a generic Hi Fusoya! text.

Status
Atma
Shouldn't already be inside FF3usME the patch to expand dialogues?(even if it can lead to unpredictable problems) or you're talking about a further expansion?

---------------------

part 72: Prism Rangers!
I like a lot the Reaper as guest, still he hasn't really much potential: the only thing is that he's good to help FuSoYa in getting lores
Then Reaper suddenly died from Curaga, like an undead! the last thing i did was using spirit with Hell Hound's rage... so that monster is an undead? anyway it's weird the way he inherits monster's status, it doesn't look like they are cumulative... could you explain the differences from vanilla's rage?(except the fact that you don't ger rage status)

part 73: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!
When you're in Doma castle(dream version) there are chests in the room with the dream stone that change their content(that's what i was testing on my own) probably it's intentional and you're aware of it, but i'll ask that just for confirmation;
Now i have 2 Dream stones, but in the inventory only one Dreamstone is shown... Does the game know that i actually have 2 Dreamstones?!? (Fish rare item is 4x)

Then right before the battle, i noticed that Avalon's sprite near to Souleater is headless!! that's creepy... O_o
And when Dark boos appear Fusoya's palette is changed, would that require a fix?
Sometime there's a long noisy sound after Forsaken or Recharge! was used, not always, anyway.
And nothing, this is the most annoying battle ever... congrats. (i also tossed away Thief Cloak and gave up in stealing Necronomicon, that means a lot)

part 74: at least it ended...
Duh! it was a single video, but Twitch splitted it in two without even lemme know that...
It was difficult to notice, but when i won i was a "little" happy (sarcasm)

Find

Status
Atma
part 75: EPIC FAIL
Blown from Kraid's Shadowflare... need a strategy.
I wanted to leave FuSoYa alone in status zombie to eat shadowflare, while the others were jumping with Ark(i assumed that Zombies can't jump, like with status stop)
When FuSoYa jumped, i was quite disappointed...
Permadeath in midair(jump+poison) glitch doesn't make things easier.

PS. it's quite funny to read my conversation with Gi Nattak on Twitch while streaming XD

part 76: EPIC WIN
I was so hyped from my victory, but it became way less epic when i realized i missed that tiny window of time to stop FuSoYa and let him take the lore while the others were jumping... Sad
Looks like i'm gonna search for Shadowflare lore elsewhere...

part 77: Long travel in Phoenix Cave
Shit, this segment lasts too much!
Hey, Gi Nattak FuSoYa has a glitched palette even when he's the leader member in group 2 of Phoenix Cave! the same happened in part 73...
Why do all enemies have as stealing item a shitty Recharge?!? i wasted too much time just to steal...
PS. was Hell Spike weak to Wind element?

Find