Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6 ROTDS first time run playthrough

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
didnt like him? whats wrong with her new portrait, i must say people's comments about these are starting to tick me off

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
Don't sweat it James, like I say everyone has different feelings towards artistic styles. it is funny though (not in a laughing way) how some could enjoy the previous ripped portraits of random styles compared to hand drawn portraits that all have the same style with the anime overtone... I don't get it. Some people hated the previous Tifa portrait, myself included, now at least one person says it was better. That just goes to show you how different human thinking is and how drastically it varies. I personally quite enjoy her new one and all the portraits at that, they are quality hand drawn portraits idk wtf some people are thinking either, but I will respect their opinion, and kindly ask them if they could do better than by all means show us how it's done lol.

Everyone's a critique as they say, and while I do respect other's opinion, my opinion is they are crazy (not literally) if they think any of the old ones are better, no intended offence to your bro Tenka lol, or anybody else. But yeah what was better about the last Tifa? Or any others for that matter. The new one drastically resembles her new sprite more while the other one was watercolory and cutesy. I mean I know it's hard to explain why they enjoy it more, but I'm really curious... It was clearly a rip and the colors were all over the place, while this new one looks like quality portrait pixel art. I'm confident any pixel artist would agree with this. They can still be touched up on for the next update that will address some issues that you've found thus far while playing, but if there is nothing that can be justified as to why they are not up to par than there is little that can be done.

Think of it like this James, some people like crappy fast food over a nice home cooked meal. Wink Detailed feedback on them are welcomed though in the event that they could be bettered upon.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
Imprisoned
dont get me wrong im not havin a go, i would just like some reasons as to what u prefered about the original and why mines not as good? i spent a long time on these (more then a month to be exact), only other person thats mentioned tifa was jackimus but he stated his reasons (being her bangs wernt long enough) and i respected him for that, its constructive and helps me make them better for the next version. as mike says i re did all of them so they had a consistent matching style like the original vanilla version. and while tifa is not my favourite either i think it does looked less ripped

Threads: 11
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
I think that the new Tifa looks more polished than the old one did. And a little less goofy.

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
Imprisoned
thanks man Smile

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
@James: to be more precise he likes them less than their previous versions, and the only portraits he saw before expressing his opinion were until Tifa(yet not ALL the portrait he saw, he liked them less)

You're also assuming that my opinion means that your tifa portrait is worse than the ripped one... wrong, your portrait is better, but i like more the previous one: better and liked more are not the same thing.
You're asking for an explaination, but the reason cannot be described by words, after all people shouldn't use logic for explain the art, right?

part 13: Wrecking havoc!
Heh, i know what you did here, with the mysterious blitz animation used in the battle event against Kefka... it should be an unused incomplete animation of Goner among battle event animations
PS. was that bastard of Kefka wearing Orichalcum?

part 14: Stealing is starting to become too much risky
I'm against removing steal as command: doing it with only the knife is way too much slow, unreliable and dangerous! in the phantom forest i cannot even attempt to steal the tree, or i risk my ass and have to rush the pool of water in order of not losing the inventory

part 15: Who in the hell is the mofo?!?
Maybe instead of some of the item sold from the ghosts, you should put the one that heals stone, because you really risk of running out of them and there's no monster that drop them or that you can steal... not really much great to rush the next save point/cheap status healing.
PS. i hate early regen based bosses: i have a calm defensive style, but i'm forced to become aggressive against that damned onion...

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
Imprisoned
well something cannot be improved without reason, but u are entitled to an opinion even if u dont clarify it. And i disagree about steal, while somewhat useful early game it becomes almost pointless by end game when characters stats become high enough, u fail to take into account espers and the legendary dragons some of which make having oboro pointless in battle without magic (when u have more than one character with the steal item is when u should be stealing really, bare in mind its possible to fight all the bosses more than once), i woulda dropped throw personally or made it a relic that replaced steal but it's mike's decision

Status
Atma
part 16: Smashed the onion!
When i realized that Rohan's "Suplex" was very effective on him and could never miss, everything changed... quite relevant was also Nemesis Spirit attack(Hastega)

part 17: Where are you going, Ark?!?
After preparing the battle against the train and assigning good stuff to Ark, he was basically kicked away from battle... what a waste of time.

part 18: Too much nerfed Pokèmon stars...
I dunno how much often minion spawned in the previous ROTDS versions, but now i know why my bro was disappointed: while at the beginning the battle is quite threatening, after the minions were dead, the battle wasn't even challenging: Ark blocks megavolt, Avalon heals and the others kill the boss... at this point i'd suggest minion respawn after twice the time required in the previous versions...
Just saying, if you use as battle timer check 240, then the respawn time would happen after each 4 minutes, for example... how did it work before, exactly?
PS. the Mercury goo rare encounter is really dangerous, if you don't kill them immediately.

What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
Atma
part 19: Great Fraust war!
Sorry for the interruption right in the middle of Kefka's battle, but the video was starting to become too much long and the music laggy...

part 20: All that effort for a DAMNED ELIXIR?!?
Okay, Kefka's minions were nasty and his spells powerful, but it wasn't at all the reason why the battle was so much exhausting: once again steal attempts sucked so much(before even rolling the chances of stealing i must first manage to hit him, then it must be a steal attempt, instead of a normal attack, even worse if i'm in blind)
That i had to burn tons of resources just for keeping alive my allies, while waiting for the miracle steal...
Not to mention that it was just an elixir... Sad i know it couldn't be something too much important, or the player could make an endless farm,(well...) anyway...

part 21: Searching for Aurora
[/video=youtube]
Rather than "for Aurora" i'd say "for new items" Tongue

Find

Status
Atma
part 22: Let's go Boko! beyond any border!!!
Okay, this time i crossed the line... while riding the chocobo, aside finding whole pieces of perimeters in the continent, i even managed to cross 2 rivers!!! Surprised
Yeah, if 2 parallels edges of land are too much close and have certain properties, then the chocobo will manage to pierce the barrier...
I even landed on a little island with a forest, it was surrounded from river.
there was a third dangerous river spot, but i was blocked for some reason... (maybe chocobo can't walk flag was set in that tile?) if i did cross that one, i'd reached a totally new piece of world map... Tongue

part 23: Metroid as optional boss?
Optional boss? I like that... Not the moment to fighting him, anyway.

part 24: Very strong threats everywhere!
I was hoping to steal some powerful guy in the Colosseum, but nothing really special came out at the end... Sad
Even Zozo/Psycho town was filled with powerful weirdos, which is what i really was hoping to see!

Find