Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6 ROTDS first time run playthrough

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Oh, i the next segment which is already in my channel the watcher can literally see me closing the rom, changing the name of the 1.3.1 into DRUNK Laugh
and adding .1 to my 1.3 version, and so passing through that freeze.

I'm not talking about the battles against the statues, i'm talking about the battle with Golbez, FuSoYa and Oboro Vs Zuriel and Zemus: after a certain period he refresh all his positive status, especially Life 3, which makes me think that you want the player beats Zemus before... (the battle ends when he casts Fallen One) since Zuriel bothers me too much in that battle, i first land a couple of Flare on him, then i quickly finish him, as soon as i'm sure that Rippler connects(Dispel is fine too, but it's cooler with Rippler Tongue ) when Zemus is alone, the battle becomes a piece o' cake.

Today it happened something that annoyed me really much: the laptop crushed while registering the next segment... TWICE!!! ;[
The reason? (maybe)my laptop is becoming an old geezer + middle of summer + windows closed(no fan or air conditioning) + afternoon + game running + recording program on (which i believe it's the one that is more demanding for my laptop)
Despite that, the savestates are still there, but the segment is lost like... forever. Sad
I have no intention of repeating that three times, will you forgive me, if i'll start the next segment right after i exit from new Albrook?
I'll have to be careful too in this period... i might say that after a bit more than 30 minutes of video recording the laptop crashed... in that case it might be hard to know when to stop registering before it's too late.

PS. i could bake a cake under my laptop, when it crushed! Laugh

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Watching video 52 made my Saturday night. Don't get me wrong, the video lags a lot and then there's some abuse of the fast forward button on the game, which makes watching it very uncomfortable and not enjoyable.

The lag and then speed up makes it look like Zemus is casting "Zeemis' Fury" which reminded me of Madsiur's intense feelings towards a certain person on this forum who loves pokemon so much and insists on making unpopular game hacks with his team of "25+ people"...good times.
The next hilarious thing I saw was the Meteor spell doing 850HP damage to Kefka/Zuriel, while Flare did ~1700HP of damage. Was that intentional? I always thought Meteor was stronger than flare, and both are non elemental attacks. If flare is stronger than meteor, then why isn't poison made to do more damage than ultima?

Moving on...I had forgotten that I coded the floating continent climax event and that it could cause seizures. A disclaimer should be added at the start of the game that this hack has seizure-inducing events. For a moment I thought Fusoya was actually Mike when he asked the almighty Golbez "Uh, can you cast meteor" kind of thing. In the battle against Zuriel/kefka alone, a scan spell reveals kefka has only ~3700HP. Is this intentional as well? I would have thought the all powerful, 3000 year old sorcerer would have more HP than that. 9999HP at least. Seeing the 3700HP just makes it anti-climatic.

Then I got bothered by the fact that shadow/oboro joins Golbez and Fusoya in an epic clash between Heroes and Foes. The whole point of the battle was to recreate the clash between FF4 Characters and the game's final boss. Adding oboro makes it non-epic. I don't remember coding that specific event to include shadow in it.

But in spite of all that, I had fun watching the video tonight. James' sprite work is amazing to say the least. The only thing I was very impressed about while watching this video was noticing that the statues were resprited to resemble Xdeath, Zeromus and Dark Cloud. Great level of detail James!

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(07-25-2015, 10:49 PM)Angelo Wrote: The lag and then speed up makes it look like Zemus is casting "Zeemis' Fury"

That would have been an epic typo!
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
much thanks angelo they took a few good hours Laugh i'm still a bit meh about zeromus but hell that thing is so weird making a statue of it was hard as hell

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Status
Atma
Quote:The lag and then speed up makes it look like Zemus is casting "Zeemis' Fury"
...why Zeemis? was he famous for videos with lags and speed ups or what?

Quote:In the battle against Zuriel/kefka alone, a scan spell reveals kefka has only ~3700HP. Is this intentional as well? I would have thought the all powerful, 3000 year old sorcerer would have more HP than that. 9999HP at least. Seeing the 3700HP just makes it anti-climatic.
well... he was one step from returning to be Zuriel, his last moments as Kefka, i suppose.

What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
@Angelo, because I still can't quote...

Wow nice undercover criticism! I like it! And from one of the hack creators nonetheless haha.

Zeemis does use Zeemus' Fury though, that's his special.

As for Kefka, I guess Meteor did not-so-much damage cause it was spread out to 2 targets? Or was this the first battle...? But hey, I'm surprised you are saying this as we were getting reports back then of Kefka not being tough enough, and he is your favorite ^_^. So it's a good thing right?

Poison does more damage per tic, so in essence, it could get up to Ultima's damage range after many tics if not taken care of. Although I think you must be joking about that.

The flashing screen many times event can cause seizures, and in fact sickness, but I can't divulge much more information about it here, heh.

For a moment I thought Fusoya was actually Mike when he asked the almighty Golbez "Uh, can you cast meteor

Yes, I wrote the dialog lol.

Kefka's HP/LV are based on the characters, depending on their levels. Oh, but +10 levels actually. He has on every possible HP adding equipment as well and cures now and then, but yeah I agree he should have more HP if possible, just not sacrifice a relic to have 9999 HP Wink

You did code that event with Oboro/Shadow in it - I am well aware of your unique disgust with that character, but I think you are all alone in that. Everyone loves Shadow, and his pooch! And his entrance mile-long jump in intro scene there imo is pretty epic!

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
(07-26-2015, 12:39 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: As for Kefka, I guess Meteor did not-so-much damage cause it was spread out to 2 targets? Or was this the first battle...? But hey, I'm surprised you are saying this as we were getting reports back then of Kefka not being tough enough, and he is your favorite ^_^. So it's a good thing right?

My thoughts on the matter: This part comes before an already difficult section (the Floating Continent Escape Sequence), with no save point in between, and it's a bit on the long side already. If you tone up this fight I highly suggest making the next part much easier to compensate if you don't want the average player throwing their controller against the wall.

(07-26-2015, 12:39 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: You did code that event with Oboro/Shadow in it - I am well aware of your unique disgust with that character, but I think you are all alone in that. Everyone loves Shadow, and his pooch! And his entrance mile-long jump in intro scene there imo is pretty epic!

In my personal opinion I always thought that scene was pretty cool.

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
Atma
part 54: End of WoB
Anyway i solved the glitch swapping 1.3.1 rom with 1.3 rom, pass the point and then swap the roms again.
One of the greatest doubts was if Raditz HP(not super Sayan form) were refreshed each time he transformed or not...

part 55: ROTDS souls: prepare to fix edition
Sorry for the first minutes, it was already done in part 54 Tongue
And so we start! start with finding one Bug... beware Gi Nattak!

part 56: Dat MiaB...
MiaB were too much though in that moment and while i thought it was an error to go there, going away will lead to an even greater error in the next segment...

Find

Status
Atma
part 57: Deadly mistake
After realizing that skipping Rohan was stupid(owned from zombie tentacles)
I had to make all that backtracking...
For some reason in 1.3.1 you already placed thief cloak and it's way more useful than thief knife, still that lack of defense hurts... when in 1.4 there will be the relic, it will become much more useful than the armor.

part 58: Finally one powerful comrade!
I was waiting for Serin a lot... no, seriously.

part 59: No one can beat me in stubborness!
Even this death spammer is destined to fall, after i found the proper build for him, good chances that this might be the only real time i'll use Lich Ring to win.

Find

Status
Atma
part 60: Searching for a drunk
Gi Nattak, check 8:10... there's a formation which has a buggy mould, or something!

part 61: Stop spamming head!!!
Damned head... if we sum all head respawn to body HP we have more than 150K HP!!

part 62: Airship time!
I was quite confident on the fact you could recruit Oak, but even if i dunno what was i expecting for i'm a bit disappointed from the fact nothing else happens with him... or at least nothing for now.

When i saw JCE3000GT eating consumables i imaginated right him sitting in the Kitchen having launch or something XD
I laughed even more when i saw him tossing an Air Anchor.

Find