Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6 Beyond Chaos playthrough

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
- Considering it's a berserker... that's bad. Ragnarok instead of Alexander would have been the real thing!
- In my history of FF6 gameplays, only in BNW i didn't ended bringing Umaro against the goddess... ALL the other times yes... i kinda like mastered berserker fighting against the goddess Laugh;
- Useless shield? no problem... there's always another road to eating Thunder;
- Actually it would have been the worst idea ever: i just wanted to see it that would have lead to an easy victory, only an idiot would trade Interceptor for that.
- Actually Demon was nasty, until he decided to Forcefielding everything: one death each 2 turns is easy to handle, N.cross definitively not and Ice spells denied me to resurrect most of the party ;[
- Actually it's the first thing i did getting that Memento Ring, if you read better i was also disappointed for seeing that item, since my bro found a KatanaSoul battle instead...

FF6 Beyond Chaos - Final Showdown

If his special would have been named "Dancing Mad" too that would have been the most proper and evil special ever... now that i've seen it you can bet that i'll do it in my CotG hack! Wink
On a side note Demonica was right what i was searching for beating that eagle in Collosseum, and the reward was right what i expected to see.

And so this great wonderful adventure is finished... thanks for all this work, Abyssonym!!! later i'll write down a proper rewiew for your hack in your main forum Wink

The next one run? almost for sure ROTDS... but not until version 1.3 will come out, at least... until next time!

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Ah, okay. I might've been thinking of a different playthrough.
  • Now that I think of it, Demonica is perfect for colosseum battles, because it also disables the magic command... not that it matters to characters without a magic command.
  • Not even Atris can survive against Genji Glove + Offering + Fixed Dice. For some reason I thought that this combo doesn't work, but it works very well for you.
  • Dropping your own allies like dead weight? How heartless!
  • Your star player, Genome, was taken out by a Zombie attack at the last second... well, I was thinking that things were going too well for you. Wink
  • Kaoru's not a bad replacement, though, with Fixed Dice and Demonica.
  • The Gobbler died in a strange way, without the usual animation. I think this messed up Kefka's AI a little bit, because he normally isn't able to use Bolt 3 or Ice 3. But it fixed itself eventually.
  • I had to go back and watch the battle again to see what you were talking about regarding Kefka's special attack... that's pretty great. It looks like I did that deliberately, but actually, I've never seen or thought of that before. It's also extremely rare... there's less than a 0.1% chance that his special attack will do that.
  • Not even double goners are enough to bring anybody down.
  • Maybe Kefka is still too easy? Laugh But you were also very well equipped from all of your exploration and stealing.
  • Underneath Xianpu's ninja gear, she looks just like Meryl!
Thanks for playing my hack, I really enjoyed it. It was so long ago that you said you wanted to do a playthrough, but I'm glad that you waited until now. Beyond Chaos really is a lot more complete now than it used to be, and I felt a lot of pride seeing it played in this finished state.

https://github.com/abyssonym/beyondchaos
Beyond Chaos is a full-game randomizer for FF6.

Status
Atma
- What really made change things in Collosseum with Demonica was counter attack, without wasting a relic slot that i could finally use for equipping Genji Glove... there's also to notice how perfectly randomizer guided my choices through the game: if i didn't freed myself from Magitek status in Cyan's dream, then i'd have been without that third Genji Glove(don't remember if it's winnable at Colisseum, but yeah...)
- Heartless? NO!!! THIS. IS... SPARTA!!! Kungfu!
- Here you failed to detect the final badass: the one that i really wanted to have in the final battle was Kaoru, that suddenly became the striker of the group;
- Actually i have here its AI script, and it sounds totally regular:
Code:
FC 15 24 00    ; If VAR036 has all the following bit cleared: 0
F7 20          ; Trigger event: final Kefka mojo
F9 01 24 00    ; VAR036 set bit: 0
FE             ; End If and reset targeting
F1 43          ; Targeting: allies
C0             ; Fallen One
FD             ; Wait until the attack sequence is called upon again, then continue (reset targeting)
F1 47          ; Targeting: use normal targeting
F0 EE FE EF    ; Rand. spell: Battle or Nothing or Special
FD             ; Wait until the attack sequence is called upon again, then continue (reset targeting)
F0 0B D2 EF    ; Rand. spell: <MB>Bolt 3 or Train or Special
F0 EE FE EF    ; Rand. spell: Battle or Nothing or Special
F0 0A D2 EF    ; Rand. spell: <MB>Ice 3 or Train or Special
F0 EE EE EF    ; Rand. spell: Battle or Battle or Special
F0 0A EF EF    ; Rand. spell: <MB>Ice 3 or Special or Special
FF             ; End first wave of attack
FC 12 00 00    ; If following monster is/are dead:
F5 03 03 00    ; Monsters  are hidden and their HP restored, from side, indiv.
F2 00 FF 81    ; Call form. #511 (Kefka), gets max HP
F5 05 00 00    ; Monsters  , if hidden/dead, brought in with their HP restored, from top in swirl
F1 43          ; Targeting: allies
F0 D1 D2 D2    ; Rand. spell: HyperDrive or Train or Train
F0 D1 C0 C0    ; Rand. spell: HyperDrive or Fallen One or Fallen One
FF             ; End[/php]

- My seed was quite something, huh? Laugh I never tought how much nasty could be Dance status with a special attack, it took me some second before realizing why in the hell Kaji performed a dance... that could have been terrible, if the target was a key character!!! btw yes, i checked the monster list and he's the only one which had such a strange status for special... the second position is won from some guy which inflicted Life3 with his special.
PS. looks like my bro found some guy that inflicted Rage status with the special... and appearently looks like a random rage is assigned, if that happens!
- I'm not sure about that, but i believe Xianpu survived because i used Morph right in time;
- I already knew that she would have been thrown hew ninja suit, because untied hair Terra is a separated single and unique sprite Laugh btw it reminded me a lot the ending scene of Metroid, in which Samus took off her suit and revealed a woman inside it!!!

Just one side note: there was something i've never found in the game: the monster in the slot right after ZoneEater one... why? It has no formation, but a pack at least, so i thought it would have been a MiaB in Kefka Tower... it was called something like "Kaur" and had violet Tomberry sprite(super custom boss), it had neat drops and the best exp amount among all monsters... ~34000!!!
Also Pugs and MasterPugs never appeared... a coincidence?

What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Well, that's the AI for the Gobbler phase of the fight... the Kefka phase uses different AI that shouldn't have Bolt 3 or Ice 3. In any case, you were able to survive Goner pretty well, so I don't think it would have changed the fight much.

Regarding the missing super boss... that is strange. I was pretty sure that all super bosses end up as the rare encounter in at least one pack. They can also end up in chests, but not always. The way Beyond Chaos is now, it is possible to miss some other monsters if they're not super bosses. In the future I'm going to try to improve monster formation coverage, since I can now easily determine the locations of monsters.

Actually... this was really bothering me, so I decided to look it up. It seems like the monster you're looking for should've been a random encounter in Kefka's Tower, in the tiny 1-screen area that looks like the Phantom Forest. The zone is 183.

https://github.com/abyssonym/beyondchaos
Beyond Chaos is a full-game randomizer for FF6.

Status
Atma
Ah, you were talking about that... that's a totally different story... and it's also one of the most hateful thing i had to face when i was creating Ultimate Czar Dragon bossfight: when you swap formations with the command, 2 bad side effects will happen... the first is that it will take some turn, before the AI is swapped... maybe until the chain of "Wait until the next action and reset target" AI command finishes... probably it's the same reason why Dancing Mad song takes some action, before the piece of the song is swapped with the next one;
The second one is definitively the worst and it's actually horrible!!!
Some property of the monsters in the previous formation is ereditated from each monster in the same slot and the worst thing that can happen is to tranfer status immunities and weaknesses... something beyond worst? tranfering current status on the replacing monster: when that happened a monster i tested had Muddle active, then the formation swapped: the monster that took his place started with Muddle and the status was STICKY!!! Surprised impossible to heal him from Muddle Finger
You must really know what you're doing, when you swap formations. The best idea is to swap monsters with very similar properties... but i can also imagine a possible boost for a weaker monster encountered in past, suddenty becoming stronger due to having been loaded up with new properties

At the end i saw and fought that monster... too bad, he was the best farm of the game... another thing i never met, and that the only chance to be found should be Ragnarok morphs packs(if not, they're nowhere?) are Merit Award and (more important) Gil Toss, which had the last command inside it... Sad

Find