Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6 ROTDS first time run playthrough

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
part 25: Finally some back up from Espers!!
Even in this case being able to steal only with Thief knife made things harder that the actual difficulty, at least now i can heal with spells too(ran out of Pizza and Lemonade)

part 26: If you ask me, it was Aerith who kicked ass to Kefka
The cutscene is weird:
Btw Aerith was way more powerful than Cloud... maybe it was her who could protect Cloud XD

part 27: Ultros, i'll get my revenge!!
Someone might know what exactly i was trying to do, during the opera scene... Wink

Hey, this battle is tough! stealing is easy so it doesn't influence the outcome of the battle... being on 2 sides always makes things harder and resurrecting without True Knight status is very difficult, i also must to say that i planned bad the whole thing: i didn't prepared the party before entering in Opera house, and so i never had the chance to do that after(i barely managed to reach Ultros in time Tongue )
And so i have to build up a plan, before fighting again.

PS. since you're kicked out the Opera, that means that you can steal a total of 4 Soma Drops from Ultros... are you fine with that?

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
  Find

Status
Atma
part 28: The oldman is right!
Yeah, at the end i equiped the party with Mystic ring and placed Cloud alone in his side as a bait for Ultros, Anyway catastrophe is quite overpower IMHO

part 29: Early access to Esper sealed cave!
Discovered some extra dangerous spot, but the real thing is that with chocobo i passed behind the spot in which the soldiers deny you to access the sealed esper cave!!! i literally explored all the perimeter of the greater triangle island(with chocobo you can pierce all the mountain barriers) and entered in the cave, there i met a soldier just at the entrance that kicks you outside the cave...
That's strange, because after some segment i realized that Airship is not allowed to land in that zone, so i believe you don't expect an earlier access from the player.
The question is: did you put that soldier at the entrance of sealed cave, or it was there even in vanilla?
PS. the earlier access will lead to even worse consequences that you'll be able to see in some later segment.

part 30: Stop with Riot Mechas!!
Can't run random monsters are the worst...

What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
I put that soldier there to kick players out like you lol who aren't supposed to be there yet Wink

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • madsiur (06-07-2015)

Status
Atma
Wanna have a friendly advice? Try somthing better, the soldier won't be enough to fix a potential matter in a later segment.

part 31: Proton begs for some speed!!
Nothing to say to Ifrit and Shiva;
The problem is that Proton is really too much weak:
First of all there's a plenty of way to ignore elements and deal massive damage, so there won't a way to protect your boss from a barrage of strikes... all what i said until now shouldn't make a sense, until you read the real reason to change the boss.
The boss is really too much slow, dunno... maybe at a certain point of the battle with Havoc i put him in slow, in any case it's not even a fight, i'm able to do a barrage of more than 3000 damage before he can even take an action! even worse, that action 80% of times was wallchange, so he basically did a real action just 3 times during the whole battle (he acted more or less 1 time after 2 full turns of my party)
Definitively the easiest battle of the whole hack until now, so please... add him a decent value of speed and i guess also immunity to slow.

part 32: Wasn't Shijima been killed in the dream?
If i'm not wrong in the dream Oboro said they killed a guy... am i wrong, or they said it was right Shijima?
PS. the song is lovely... the one of the ambush 3 battles against Luca Blight in Suikoden 2... one of the few villain that can compete with Kefka, Nice shot! Wink

part 33: SHTAP WITH LAG!!!
Too bad for lag that haunted this segment... the boss battle was pretty tough, anyway.

Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Totally had a huge reply going on here and accidentally pressed some key right next to the Shift key that made me go back, and now it's gone =X Ugh.

I'll try again, and turn a light on, but sadly it won't be the same or as long =(

So for the Aerith battle, I agree she does seem way stronger than she should be, and testing the battle out a lot more today she did seem to win more than I first thought against him. She shouldn't be winning at all though like you say, that hopefully got remedied here today. I strengthened him and weakened her basically both stats and battlescript, and now she seems to not be able to win at all. As for her putting Cloud to shame in terms of power, just try and imagine that Cloud and his giant ass sword kills people faster and more efficiently than her magic, which is how he is able to guard her...while she runs away. Really though, I see your point 100% and hopefully after adjusting her battle script a bit and being able to lose to Kefka now for sure, it won't seem AS bad, but yeah just pretend Cloud and his sword>Aerith and her magic, if it came down to it in a protection scenario.

Totally spaced my mind about 4 possible Soma Drop steals from Ultros. I suppose it should be won instead of stolen? Although it is an okay reward for having to face the guy 3-4 times. I dunno, good call on that though.

Catastrophe, which is chainsaw essentially I don't think I changed in terms of power. But yeah it is strong as f**k, that early. But at least one has to do that whole long rare item quest to get it...

About the sealed gate and soldier in there, that soldier should be able to block the player up until it is actually time to get in there. I'm not sure what you might be referring to. I don't see anyway the player can get stuck or get past him somehow. And for the chocobo, I went and added the new tiles that block the choco from going behind the mountains as well on that island, so we should be good there now. But yeah I'm curious about why the soldier will not work in a later segment, please do tell! I think the soldier idea there is cool I doubt I could come up with anything "better" than that, so I hope whatever you are thinking he wont work later on is wrong XD.

Consider the Riot Mecha able to run from now, good thinking. And maybe lessening the encounter rate of them, but I think you just had a string of bad encounter luck.

Good feedback on Proton, duly noted!

Shijima as I recall in the dream segment, Oboro's friend does say that he was killed. So then in the next dream when he says it was Shijima who was following them there and fatally wounded his friend, so he was summoned back. I think Oboro says something about the lost art of Summoning. So basically Kefka summoned him back, I think is where I was going with that. And Kefka summoned him back there during the mine cart escape. Kefka is supposed to be able to summon things in this hack in other words lol. So Oboro killed Shijima before, but he was summoned back. His arch-rival of sorts. Probably could have been executed better story-wise, but meh. Glad you like the song selection! Suikoden II is awesome and Luca is one epic villain I agree.

Those skulls was a tricky one to try and balance, they basically power themselves up if not frozen from time to time was the whole dynamic behind that battlescript that Lord Envoy whipped-up. It was a tricky one to set up as well, but I hope it is clear what needs to be done in terms of them powering up and all. Glad nothing bad to report about it though it sounds like!

Going to click post reply now before I lose this on‌e =/

Status
Atma
Quote:I strengthened him and weakened her basically both stats and battlescript
Also nerfed her? Pay attention to not make possible the case in which the minions beat Aerith, they managed to halve her HP when they attacked in three...

Quote:Catastrophe, which is chainsaw essentially I don't think I changed in terms of power. But yeah it is strong as f**k, that early. But at least one has to do that whole long rare item quest to get it...
I have a suggestion for you: you should give a reason to the player to use the Flare blade: in vanilla you used Drill rather than Chainsaw because against bosses it was terrible if Edgar tried to use istant death(100% miss), but with the patch that will trigger death only if the target isn't immune to it, now there's no point in using Flare blade... how 'bout assigning to that Aether fire property? in that way against monsters weak to fire you'll choose Flare blade instead of Catastrophe...

Quote:please do tell! I think the soldier idea there is cool I doubt I could come up with anything "better" than that, so I hope whatever you are thinking he wont work later on is wrong XD.
Curious, huh? Just wait the 3 next segments, which will also show the matter happening Tongue

Quote:Consider the Riot Mecha able to run from now, good thinking. And maybe lessening the encounter rate of them, but I think you just had a string of bad encounter luck.
You're gonna remove the can't run flag? Depends on you if it's a good choice or not: i realized that in the banquet the M-tek armor battle will use them as monsters... if you remove the flag, then the player will be able to run away from them, also when you get spotted in vector or in the base near the sealed gate the magitek armor encounter should be composed from a Riot Mecha and a "Clod" type monster(the guy with a giant sword)... i know you can run away from the second one, so i guess that you'll be able to escape from those battle too...

Quote:Glad nothing bad to report about it though it sounds like!
It's a really good fight, there's no need to change it, if you get your ass kicked the first time, then it's time to use protect on your party: the real threat for me is melee and float should be a good idea to be learnt.

part 34: Wasting time exploring in the flashback XD
I know that it would be a time paradox to find something in a flashback and then bring it with you in the present, yet it wouldn't stop me from doing that in my hack Tongue

part 35: Molesting Gi Nattak's WoB map
Searching exploits in your worldmap became my favorite hobby XD, the airship test looks like it's passed... yet i hoped i'd found some extra location in WoB(except that isolated cave i'll talk about later) dunno... maybe some extra entry will appear later?

part 36: I'm afraid I'm a bit overpower...
Hilarious dialogue lines and song in the Church Laugh
I'm terribly sorry to have waited so much time for Metroid: now he's powerless against me... Sad
In the lesser triangle island i only found Tiamat as strong(not too much) monster, but i also see a desert spot... since i spent much time in searching for a rare encounter and didn't found anything, i doubt i'll explore further that island, so... would you be so kind to tell me if there's some other rare monster in that island? Wink
Then i found a cave that i exchanged for the exit of Mt. Koltz, until i found a different song, strong monsters and an interesting hammer inside a chest... good job, it's similar to something i'm gonna insert in my hack!

Find

Status
Nattak\'d
I suppose now might be a good time to ask, what's with all the unbearable lag in these videos? Both graphically and of course the music. Is that a recording thing I hope? Or is it playing that way? Seems sometimes is much better than others though.

About the Sealed Gate soldier blocking...
Curious, huh? Just wait the 3 next segments, which will also show the matter happening [Image: Umaro.gif]

Uh, yeah lol! So I guess I will see the issue in the next video then? Here it looked good still... and he should be gone from there right after talking to Arvis and the Mayor in Narshe, so yeah I'm still baffled what it could be, I wish you could just tell me so I could get to work on it in the meantime, but should be soon now eh?

EDIT: Okay I see you've got the next ones up on Youtube already, I'll check em then. I'll wait till you post them up here in the thread before commenting though. ...but I do see just now the formations by that cave next to the Veldt are wrong though, playing no battle theme and just wrong encounter's there. Good catch. =)

I do appreciate the thorough overworld tile testing, with the airship also, but I'm pretty sure you will not find any issues there, like the chocobo ones. One can hope anyways, but seriously I don't see how there could be any, I made doubly sure around the Sealed Gate cave to not allow it to land...but if you're willing to take the time to test every tile then by all means lol.

Status
Nattak\'d
OK I lied, going to answer the Sealed Gate one now lol...
Yeah I see now, Can slip past there with the chocobo and leave Aurora out of the party, since the Guard is gone then. Thankfully that is an easy fix more or less, just gotta change the event bit of when he leaves to be set after Aurora goes into that base camp and says her line. That will fix it anyways, there might be a more elaborate way to do this but that's what I'm gonna do!

Status
Nattak\'d
Ah shit, that still won't do it cause then you could just leave again and remove Aurora and the guard will be gone... Hmm what to do what to do. I guess move or create another event trigger at the start of the Sealed Gate cave entrance.

EDIT: Can edit the event there that removes the guard to be:
If certain event bit is set AND if she is in the party, then he is hidden. If she is not then he is there. Again, seems very strange since they are trying to lure her into the damn place, but ah well. Either that or block the chocobo from walking across bridges or something...or add another block chocobo tile around there.
I like the guard though, he can just be there and according to RPG logic it won't have to make since why he appears and disappears if she is/isn't in the party. Unless you or someone else has another idea, I'm all ears.