Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Zone Doctor and FF6LE Expansion

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
The only difference between your version and standard Rogue is, standard shutsdown after the error. Yours gives error, red X for a map, close the map, reopen and the map will be there, until you try showing NPCs again.

The pointer list for Map sprites is in its normal location, and the same size it was. The battle sprite pointers are at 41/0000.

I'm leaning toward it having issues with some of the map sprite pointers, pointing to a destination of 41/0A00 and beyond. But that is only a guess at this point.

Have tried a few things today, but nothing I can be 100% atm. Mostly wondering at this point if it CAN read the sprite data from beyond bank FF. So far the game is reading PC sheets (and a few non-pc) graphics from beyond bank FF without error.

I was also having an issue with Egger's extended palettes code and the LE+ patch at one point but have yet to have a chance to go back and test that better. A problem of learning on the fly, have to double back and recheck myself often.

Like I said, the big question now is, can LE handle loading sprite sheet data from 41/0000 and up, or is it completely out of the question? At this point I'm not sure it would be possible to keep it all within normal 4mb Rom space. The spread sheet alone, with all the data is pushing the 1mb size mark and growing.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
(04-09-2015, 09:01 AM)Catone Wrote: Like I said, the big question now is, can LE handle loading sprite sheet data from 41/0000 and up, or is it completely out of the question?

I found this line in the GetSpritePixels method (file LevelNPCs.cs):

Code:
int bank = data[npc.SpriteNum * 2 + 0x00D23C]; bank -= 0xC0;

Since the bank is a HiRom value, the editor substract 0xC0 to it, which is problematic if you don't have a HiRom value in the table. You'll end up with a negative offset.
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
That definatly explains it.

Not sure the game can handle, or even read, an adress like 101/0A00 from a table without teaching it to. Which means the LE would need to have a check for negative numbers and alternative instruction on how to read it (if thats even possible). Being that I've not touched anything of that nature in about a decade.. (yes I really mean a decade).

I've got an option or two and now know the problem at least.

Thanks for the info,

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
I fixed a bug with assembling exits in both FF6LE+ and ZoneDoctor+. I also adapted FF6LE+ so it function properly if data is moved in exhirom.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Catone (04-16-2015)