Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Zone Doctor and FF6LE Expansion

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(02-15-2015, 09:25 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: Uhm... i always use headered files, how should i do to make match the patch? (is there the chance of seeing also the patch for headered files?)

Protip: Remove the header. Apply the patch. Put back the header.

(02-15-2015, 09:25 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: Treasures and Exits slots are already full? In that case i'd be really much interested in seeing them expanded as well, for CotG hack...

It's not that they are full, but each treasure needs a bit in SRAM to know if it has been opened or not. I might expand treasure for my hack but then my solution would be even less versatile since some people have already reorganized their SRAM for various things. As for exits well, I'll probably expand them.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
freakin awesome job madsiur

great update here

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
The prospect of extra space for map expansion, combine with everything already done should be enough to get just about anybody to dance a jig.

I have to ask though, and its not really related directly to what your doing but...

One of the only things that really tickled my fancy about Zonedoctor vs FF6LE was that one little button for "edit all layers simultaneously". Yeah "real" map editing requires one layer at a time but that little button was nice every now and then whe. I was playing with that one. What are the odds or how hard would it be to work that into FF6LE? (Or is it already there and I just cant read?)

Its not really worth much thought, time, or effort but I just had to wonder.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(02-16-2015, 09:08 AM)catone Wrote: One of the only things that really tickled my fancy about Zonedoctor vs FF6LE was that one little button for "edit all layers simultaneously". Yeah "real" map editing requires one layer at a time but that little button was nice every now and then whe. I was playing with that one. What are the odds or how hard would it be to work that into FF6LE? (Or is it already there and I just cant read?)

I've never had a look at ZoneDoctor because it didn't liked the expanded ROM I was working with, so I don't really know what you mean exactly. I might have a look at this but it's really not in the scope of what I'm doing here.
  Find

Status
Zombie
Didnt figure it was, just another "had to ask".

As for the the button I'm refering to, it just allowed you to effect all layers instead of editing one at a time. The only time I think it would even function would be for selecting, copy, and moving complete sections of map vs moving layer 1 then layer two.

Again, FF6LE might already do that and I'm to much of a noob to find it. And if it dont, not like its sliced bread, just a minor time saver in some instances.

All that the work your doing is a much better use of your time, lol. Thanks again for sharing the cool chit.

It seems, or maybe I'm doing something crazy wrong, removing the header patching, then adding the header back doesn't work to well. Using "Tush" I remove the header on a clean rom, then patch it. Upon opening Tush again to readd header I get this message and the option to add header is greyed out.

Header detection has failed. This file may be corrupt.

I did try one time to open tush, remove header, then with tush still open patch the rom. Then hit the button to add the header back. This left me with a headered rom(viewed from a hex editor) and the relocated data I checked was still where it should be after adding the header. FF6LE opens the rom fine and it seemed to open and function to the extent I tested fine.

Tush will not reopen the rom and FF6LE+ shows header=false.

Not sure if its worth anybody's time more FYI than anything, but thats what I got when playing. Do I really have to have a header? No, I just like being stuborn like that, but it does make me wonder whats going on there.

Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(02-16-2015, 10:05 PM)catone Wrote: I did try one time to open tush, remove header, then with tush still open patch the rom. Then hit the button to add the header back. This left me with a headered rom(viewed from a hex editor) and the relocated data I checked was still where it should be after adding the header. FF6LE opens the rom fine and it seemed to open and function to the extent I tested fine.

Tush will not reopen the rom and FF6LE+ shows header=false.

From what I've seen in the code, FF6LE will remove the header then reapplying it after the ROM is saved and you close the program. I hope it answers your question.
  Find

Status
Zombie
On that part yes, the part I dont get is why Tush wont open the rom after being patched. All it says is header detection failed so still just header related but I fail to see how your patch would effect a check for header from anything.

Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(02-17-2015, 01:58 PM)catone Wrote: On that part yes, the part I dont get is why Tush wont open the rom after being patched. All it says is header detection failed so still just header related but I fail to see how your patch would effect a check for header from anything.

That probably because the patch expand the ROM to an unconventional size if applied to a clean ROM. I suggest you expand the ROM to 32Mbit first with FF3usME then apply the patch. If you apply the patch to a clean ROM, tthe ending offset will be the expanded data ending (F7/9ADC). I don't see any other cause to what you've experienced.
  Find

Status
Zombie
.... I can't try it at the moment, but I do believe that to be the correct answer. I'm a noob.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Find

Status
Tissue-aware
I relocated and expanded location map data. I did a few tests and this seems to get rid of the annoying saving error when you edit too much a map. The map reloads fine after you save but I have not tested in-game to see the result. I also made a patch for headered ROMs. If someone could test the map edit to a decent extent it would be greatly appreciated. See the first post for updated zip file. Enjoy!
  Find