Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Zone Doctor and FF6LE Expansion

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
The only modification I've made except expansion is reading the offsets from the ROM in both FF6LE and Zone Doctor:

Event triggers: read offset from C0/BCBE
NPC: Read offset from C0/52C3 (this was in the original LE and Zone Doctor)
Exits: Read offset from C0/1A7E
tilemaps: Read offset from C0/2893 (only in LE+, still hardcoded in Zone Doctor+ due to complexity of code)

The purpose of this was to let people relocate the data where they want instead of being stuck the the offsets that were hardcoded in the source code. This works given you have not moved some code in bank C0 at the offset I specified. That been said, you Zone Doctor error looks like a event editor error, which I did not touched at all.

Edit: The expansion patch move the vanilla data as you said.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(03-14-2015, 10:00 AM)dn Wrote: No idea what problem i'm having now.

If the expanded information is just a pasting of default vanilla information, it should technically work even if I've made modifications to the original spot, so I'm lost.

After a first verification, I had the same errors but my ROM was not expanded prior to applying the patch.

So I redid the whole process of relocalization/patches creation (maybe for nothing) and tested both patches (header and non-header version) and both editors opened properly. I dunno what to say more...

Still, I have put a new zip file to download in case I did something wrong the first time.
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Got a problem with the currently posted ips for this.

I redone it a few times to double check myself so... started with a fresh clean ROM, expanded with FF3usME. Then applied nothing but the ips patch from this zip.

It seems small exits dont actually function.

They show up in LE+ just fine, but in the game, from the world map, or returners inside map, or Narsh mines nothing happens.. Long exits seem to work fine but most small exits do nothing. At least in the areas that I had save states to jump to, I didnt find any that worked.

I didn't notice this before because this is the first time I used this patch. I was working off the patch before this (the version right after fixing the bug with L2 map tiles crashing).

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(03-22-2015, 08:31 AM)Catone Wrote: They show up in LE+ just fine, but in the game, from the world map, or returners inside map, or Narsh mines nothing happens.. Long exits seem to work fine but most small exits do nothing. At least in the areas that I had save states to jump to, I didnt find any that worked.

I'm sure I tested the Narshe mine exit in the intro. I'll double check later on.
  Find

Status
Zombie
I did find an exit or two that worked. Like into the Narsh battlefield with kefka and down from the peak but not many else. Airship exit didnt work or anything I tried on the world map.

Like I said, only noticed that in the current download link in the Tools section. The older versions I had worked fine.

Find

Status
Tissue-aware
I found a typo in the new ASM file that I applied when I relocated the data.

This:

Code:
org $C01A7D
LDA $F6CB50,X

should be this:

Code:
org $C01A7D
LDA $F6CB52,X

Unfortunately, I don't have time today to redo a new zip package. You could change that value and apply the ASM file to your ROM with xkas after applying the patch. This should fix the issue.
  Find

Status
Zombie
Figured it was something like that. It was to clean to be a big problem.

Gotta love those one bit problems...

Find

Status
Tissue-aware
I updated both editor due to that incorrect offset, modified the ASM file and redone both patches. Also, I had totally forgot about world map exits, which are handled in bank EE. I tested world map exits, regular small exits and both editors. Now everything should work as intended!
  Find

Status
Zombie
I can't say its broke, but I broke it... What I'm wondering is, what does this mean?

Error getting byte[] at -8262592
Data size: 6291456
Subarray size: 512

Then the map is replaced with a big red X. Details of the crash include:

GetbyteArray(Byte[]data, Int32 offset, Int32 size.
LevelNPCs.GetSpritePixels(Int32 npcNum)
Overlay.DrawLevelNPCs(Graphics g, LevelNPCs npcs, Double z)

Will copy the rest of the message if it would help narrow it down. I can think of several things I did that could cause it but don't have time tonight to narrow it down any more. As I said, 90% sure its not a program problem, just wondering if its impossible to make work.

This error popped when I clicked the display NPCs button for a map.

That is all in LE. ZoneDoctor says "Error accessing data at $20382751 in 6291456 byte array". Just for sake of mention

Find

Status
Tissue-aware
Does this happend with the original FF6LE? Are you using your spritesheet expansion ROM? Sprite pointers must be read in HiRom value otherwise the program will most likely crash. How many npcs did you add in FF6LE ?
  Find