Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Expansion of Treasure Chest subroutine

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Update: So, I was able to add rare items and Espers to the list of possible treasures and I played the game a couple of times to make sure there was no bug. So far, so good. However, I'm now looking to modify the Field DTE so that I can add Esper and Rare Item names dynamically in a dialog (therefore, preventing me from having to add every possible "Obtained Esper X" as individual dialogs). I'm trying to use breaks around the creation of a dialog, but I have trouble finding where the special characters ($00 to $1F) are generated specifically. Can anybody help me on that please? Thanks in advance!
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
There's a check for special characters at $C080B4 and character names are taken care at $C080DC. There is also the treasure chest routine after. I made a text centering opcode with one of the dummy one ($17) and just hooked my code in that region since it was directly related to text rendering.

Now that you mention it, I have no idea where the rest of special codes outside those mentioned are taken care of, it's for sure in bank $C0, maybe in the same code region..
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • NPCnextdoor (08-18-2018)