FF6 Hacking

Full Version: FF6 - Brave New World
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-02-2013, 05:40 AM)Endarire Wrote: [ -> ]1: When Cyan dreams a dream, must I wait for Cyan to finish moving before I can enter doors and otherwise continue?

No.

(07-02-2013, 05:40 AM)Endarire Wrote: [ -> ]2: The Succubus and Lilith enemies look exactly alike. Intentional?

They're pallete swaps.

(07-02-2013, 05:40 AM)Endarire Wrote: [ -> ]4: Wrexsoul: I didn't understand this in the vanilla game either, but I thought he was meant to possess party members. He didn't do it here, either. Oh well.

He does.

(07-02-2013, 05:40 AM)Endarire Wrote: [ -> ]7: What determines if Cyan's Cleave is successful?

Its 80% hitrate
(07-02-2013, 05:40 AM)Endarire Wrote: [ -> ]6: Why is the Atma Weapon's battle power listed as "???"? (Push A on the Item menu.)

Because battle power is an inaccurate representation of the Atma Weapon's strength, since it uses a special damage modifier after its normal damage calculation.
Not sure if this is something that was present in vanilla FF6, but Control's acting up for me. If I Control an Arsenal and use the multitarget skill it has, targeting all of the enemies, when he uses it it hits my party instead. Also, if you use a controlled enemy (enemy A) to attack another enemy (enemy B), but enemy B dies before A's attack goes off, enemy A attacks one of my party instead of one of the other enemies.

I'm close to the end... can't wait to get the Unlockme password and start another playthrough now that I'm comfortable with how to use each of the characters.
Yeah, Control targeting is goofy. Launcher in particular is something I'd intended to remove from the control list, but it looks like I forgot in in some cases.

Honestly, I'd really like to do away with Control in a future version, or at the very least overhaul it into something less shitty.
I keep forgetting Control exists now that Sketch doesn't suck noodles. I'd be fine with ditching it altogether.
Should we replace it with another skill, or just turn the Dancho Doll into something else?

I think maybe a refined version of Summon might work, 'cept the esper called would be random (like the magicite item).
I like Control, though. Also, what about the Coronet item which increases the Control chance?
(07-03-2013, 09:01 PM)Endarire Wrote: [ -> ]I like Control, though. Also, what about the Coronet item which increases the Control chance?

That's really the least of my concerns. I imagine I'd convert it into better end-game gear for Relm/Gogo.
I do like Control, but it's always kind of felt like the developers half-assed it. I wouldn't mind losing Control, but I'd like to keep Sketch around.
I put way too much work into making Sketch a non-shitty ability to ever be on board with getting rid of it.

Control I couldn't care less about.