FF6 Hacking

Full Version: Pony Fantasy VI Remake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-21-2016, 06:29 PM)Madsiur Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-21-2016, 04:48 PM)m06 Wrote: [ -> ]I converted a midi file with a half finished tool I'm working on so i don't do the hex by hand, sry.

A tool that converts a midi file into FF6 music data? That would be awesome!

I may have said too much, it's more just a plugin. I use a DAW/tracker called Renoise and I wrote a tool for it (it has tools as plugins). The tool allows me to import and export from a ff3 smc file. And then Renoise itself can import midi or other music formats.

The whole thing is very glitchy though. 8 channels and other limitations of the ff3 music engine don't adapt very well to a full scale music program. But I'm getting there slowly.
Okay, applied as an IPS patch. It works on the title screen, but in the school in Narshe where it plays, it doesn't loop and stops after one playthrough.
(03-21-2016, 08:40 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, applied as an IPS patch. It works on the title screen, but in the school in Narshe where it plays, it doesn't loop and stops after one playthrough.

So the patch overwrite the Prelude song? It loops on the tile screen and not on the map? Make sure the Prelude is selected as map song in FF6LE for all school maps (I don't see the option in ZoneDoctor).
(03-21-2016, 08:40 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, applied as an IPS patch. It works on the title screen, but in the school in Narshe where it plays, it doesn't loop and stops after one playthrough.

Yeah, I think I need to put loop commands into the song to make it repeat. I'll look into that and give you an updated patch later.
(03-21-2016, 09:02 PM)m06 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I think I need to put loop commands into the song to make it repeat. I'll look into that and give you an updated patch later.

You gotta put a loop command at the end of each channel data. Basically it's like a BRA that will play the channel data from where you want (here its beginning).
(03-21-2016, 09:24 PM)Madsiur Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-21-2016, 09:02 PM)m06 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I think I need to put loop commands into the song to make it repeat. I'll look into that and give you an updated patch later.

You gotta put a loop command at the end of each channel data. Basically it's like a BRA that will play the channel data from where you want (here its beginning).

Did so and sent DrakeyC an update.
Okay, getting back into event editing. With me luck.

To-do List

- Add rockslide to Rachel flashback
- Change Esper world flashback where Gestahl kills Madeline
- Make Umaro properly unequip by the airship guy
- Add my bonus boss
- Change Shadow's ending
Adding my bonus boss, which is fought by talking to Gestahl's portrait once all three Statues are dead. I'm gonna figure that out, but the other thing I want is, if the party dies in the battle, instead of a game over, they respawn in front of the portrait with everyone at 1 HP. Is that something done with the enemy's AI script or the event that starts the battle?
That's done in the event. You can look at the event that occurs when you touch one of the mammoths in the moogle battle at the beginning as an example. They do a similar thing there (putting the party at 1HP and not causing a game over).

EDIT: If bit $1DC9($40) [$1DD1, bit 0] is clear, then the party survived; if it is set, they have died.
Awesome, thanks! Smile Testing is on hold, though. I believe this is a tileset issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPK_gnukgjo