FF6 Hacking

Full Version: Pony Fantasy VI Remake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://mnrogar.slickproductions.org/hack...s_data.txt

Use that document for changing animations.

Alexandr 10856A | 04 01 Beam sweeping across the screen
| 06 01 sprite
| 05 01 Flaming background

gi might be right about it being with the background.. i always thought it was with the beam though.. try testing it
Well, the visor is part of the background, yes. But it's there to stay, at least with the limits of my knowledge. Any time I moved the visor around or got rid of it, the beam went with it, too. I changed the 05 and the 01 in various combinations to various effects, but nothing simply got rid of the visor.

A curious thing, though - 01 01 kept the visor and the beam, but moved them to a different spot on the screen. Weird.

In lieu of getting rid of the visor, could I perhaps move the Alexander sprite over top of it to hide it?
(02-20-2016, 07:19 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: [ -> ]Well, the visor is part of the background, yes. But it's there to stay, at least with the limits of my knowledge.

if Alexander spell ID is #$45, there seem to be his ID compared at C1/B0E8. You could try removing the CMP and BEQ instructions. I think any hardcoded effect of spells that are not removed when changing the spells animation data are probably taken care in bank C1 in the C1/9000 to C1/BFFF range.

You might also want to look at the animations scripts document to see if Alexander animation is labeled there.
By BEQ and CMP I presume you mean this stuff, which I have no idea about any of it. I've tried to read it before and am clueless.

https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/ASM/thegun.htm

Second - what animation scripts document?
Get the C1 disassembly and look an go to the offset I mentionned. You must replace the instructions and their parameters. CMP and BEQ are two bytes each in this case, meaning you should try replacing them with 4 NOP instructions (#$EA).

The animation scripts disassembly is in the hacking documents sticky thread in Hacking Discussion and was even linked in this very thread I think a few days ago. At this point you should try gathering the most useful documents, disassemblies and such.
Presuming this is the animation script disassembly, no, Alexander is not there.

https://www.ff6hacking.com/documents/bat...script.txt

As for the C1 disassembly, found it, gonna try.

EDIT - Changed C945 F00F to C9EA F0EA. Didn't change a thing. Changed all four to EAs. Still didn't change anything.

For Alexander's Spell ID, if this is what you mean, in FF3usME he's 68, not 45.
(02-20-2016, 10:47 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: [ -> ]For Alexander's Spell ID, if this is what you mean, in FF3usME he's 68, not 45.

FF3usME shown indexes in decimal, not hexadecimal.
Okay then, fair enough.

What next can I try to get rid of the visor?
What I would do is check which pointer is loaded for the animation script and then locate the script in the document. There's 3 spots where pointers are loaded, search for $D1EAD8 in C1 then with a debugger set a breakpoint on those 3 spots before casting your summon. This should give you the pointer value.
Okay, found the three pointers easy enough in C1. C1/B2BF, C1/BF6D, and C1/C0E2. But...

Quote:with a debugger set a breakpoint on those 3 spots before casting your summon

I don't know what that means.