Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
FF6 - Brave New World

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 5
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
(07-22-2013, 08:31 PM)traveler Wrote: When I bet the striker for shadow, why am I getting a ninja star instead of the striker back?

Because I wanted to make the Striker trade in for something when you felt you didn't need it anymore, which meant that the one you initially traded to get Shadow back had to get the same treatment.

To compensate, there are now two Strikers in the game.

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Alright, so long as I get another striker. Still, shadow is a lack luster character with limited options. To deny him the striker made it seem like he was being picked on. I havent found the other one yet. For the record I like shadow more because he can use fenrir and phantom, who are great, and because he is fast at using items, which are also great. I remember using x-potions and elixers as a score keeping mini game, items had no pace in my Ultima spamming. Those days are gone Smile.

So I just tried to get gogo. I couldn't get inhaled. Most of the time the zone eater did gforce or quake etc.... Every time it did inhale I blocked it. So I took some evade items. Then it just killed me. Not Fun. I hope there is a trick to it.
  Find

Thanks Received: 40
Status
None
(07-23-2013, 05:17 AM)traveler Wrote: So I just tried to get gogo. I couldn't get inhaled. Most of the time the zone eater did gforce or quake etc.... Every time it did inhale I blocked it. So I took some evade items. Then it just killed me. Not Fun. I hope there is a trick to it.

Try fighting back.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Status
None
(07-23-2013, 05:17 AM)traveler Wrote: To deny him the striker made it seem like he was being picked on. I havent found the other one yet.

You have to trade something in for it at the Colosseum.

Status
None
I did try fighting back,
The zone eater keeps beating the crap out of the underleveled party im using. Every attempt leads to death by its inhale attack. I could get my higher level heavy hitters and go to town. That by itself doesnt bother me, acctually its very cool monsters can beat me. (levels are terra: 20, strago: 17, relm: 16, shadow: 26. Their spell lists are pathetic, which im going to fix then retry. More ice spells!)
This and the striker thing change the circumstances of how a character is acquired, it just feels wrong. I'm not saying vanilla had it right by any means, but character acquisition is set certian way in my mind. I got a similar feeling when espers fenrir and palidor showed up in each others place. In that case I totally understood after finding out who could use who.

I just got engulfed, with that party and without gainging levels or learning spells. Go terra + icebrand. Fenrir + smoke bombs + float kept me alive. The only problem was areo. With a low level party in mind I dunno how id survive it. I'm going to load and try again.
Is there an npc that immissing who tells me to slay the zone eater? And for that matter what to bet for the striker?
  Find

Status
None
(07-23-2013, 01:24 PM)traveler Wrote: I did try fighting back,
The zone eater keeps beating the crap out of the underleveled party im using. Every attempt leads to death by its inhale attack. I could get my higher level heavy hitters and go to town. That by itself doesnt bother me, acctually its very cool monsters can beat me. (levels are terra: 20, strago: 17, relm: 16, shadow: 26. Their spell lists are pathetic, which im going to fix then retry. More ice spells!)

Inhale is a different attack than Engulf. Engulf is the one that will take you to see Gogo.

If Zone Eater is kicking your ass, I'd say you're just a bit underleveled. He was designed to be a beef gate, since a lot of what's inside of him is very good loot.

(07-23-2013, 01:24 PM)traveler Wrote: This and the striker thing change the circumstances of how a character is acquired, it just feels wrong.

You actually should already have the item you need to trade in for the Striker, unless you got rid of it.

Status
None
Yea a beeef gate the zone eater definatly is.
Is it possible to kill the zone eater?

Relm healing issue; relm used her fight heal on herself. She got hit to low hp, the attacked. Cyan jumped in front due to the hero ring ring. Relm then died to seizure.
  Find

Thanks Received: 40
Status
None
(07-23-2013, 04:50 PM)traveler Wrote: Yea a beeef gate the zone eater definatly is.
Is it possible to kill the zone eater?

No, you don't kill him. You just beat him into submission, which causes him to use Engulf.

Quote:Relm healing issue; relm used her fight heal on herself. She got hit to low hp, the attacked. Cyan jumped in front due to the hero ring ring. Relm then died to seizure.

There's a list of known issues in the first post; this is among them. Unfortunately, I don't foresee a fix any time soon.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
I've got a couple more things to say:

1: Is there a reason why Warp Whistles don't work in the Phoenix Cave?

2: When a boss is killed with Reraise status on, it will die, be revived, and die again. The issue is that it won't drop its item when killed for some reason (I think that Reraise is why it wouldn't drop the item; if the boss just has a chance of not dropping the item, or it's something else, then ignore me, but something seems fishy) I'm pretty sure that Reraise is what prevented me from getting Excalibur in my first playthrough, and the Dragon Hide in my LLG (although I rekilled the Red Dragon directly afterwards because it's an important piece of equipment that I knew came from the Red Dragon).

3: If you unlock the doors in Narshe, then go back to the airship and remove Locke from the party, then go back to Narshe, Locke will still say his dialogue when talking to the old man, even though he isn't in the party. I know you'd have to be trying to do this, but I still felt it was worth a mention.

BTW, I'm at final Kefka in the LLG, although I still haven't made any attempts.

My levels:
Terra: Level 3 (Same as she was when Biggs and Wedge were still with me Smile)
Locke: Level 9 (He ate EXP from both the Minecart Ride and the IAF sequence. However, he would have been Level 10 if I didn't redistribute the EXP properly)
Edgar: Level 6 (He was present during the Mine Cart sequence. He would have been Level 7 if I didn't redistribute more of the EXP to Gau)
Sabin: Level 3
Cyan: Level 3
Celes: Level 3
Setzer: Level 5: (He joins right after the Mine Cart Sequence, so I didn't have time to leap Gau onto the Veldt to decrease his starting level to 4. He never got any EXP though)
Strago: Level 9: (He started at Level 1, but Locke and Gau were each dead at the end of one of the Sky Armor/Spitfire battles, so he ended up with just as much EXP. If I was more careful with my EXP during that part, he could have been lower, but that was difficult enough as it was).
Relm: Level 1 Laugh
Shadow: Level 4: (Reaveraged to Level 4 at Thamasa. I had lept Gau onto the Veldt at that point, so he wasn't Level 5 like Setzer)
Mog: Level 3: (By holding off on getting him until the WoR, I could recruit him when my level average was 3 instead of 4. It was worth the chastising he gave me!)
Gogo: Level 1
Umaro: Level 8 (He joins at much higher than the average)

Gau: Level 19: (At the point when he ate the EXP from Nimfu, and jumped from Level 10 to level 18, I stopped using him, except to eat even more EXP. He also took some of the EXP from the Mine Cart Ride, IAF sequence, the unavoidable battles in Owser's House, and the Androids who show up with Guardian)

My level average without Gau is 4.46, and my level average with Gau is 5.50. I'd say that the former is more accurate, as I never used Gau when his level was that high.

Wish me luck!

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
None
(07-24-2013, 12:47 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: 1: Is there a reason why Warp Whistles don't work in the Phoenix Cave?

We didn't edit that, so that's a carry-over from the original. I suppose we could enable it.

(07-24-2013, 12:47 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: 2: When a boss is killed with Reraise status on, it will die, be revived, and die again. The issue is that it won't drop its item when killed for some reason (I think that Reraise is why it wouldn't drop the item; if the boss just has a chance of not dropping the item, or it's something else, then ignore me, but something seems fishy) I'm pretty sure that Reraise is what prevented me from getting Excalibur in my first playthrough, and the Dragon Hide in my LLG (although I rekilled the Red Dragon directly afterwards because it's an important piece of equipment that I knew came from the Red Dragon).

Hmm...

I'll have to look into this and get back to you. I can't imagine why off the top of my head this might be happening, but I have a few ideas.

(07-24-2013, 12:47 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: 3: If you unlock the doors in Narshe, then go back to the airship and remove Locke from the party, then go back to Narshe, Locke will still say his dialogue when talking to the old man, even though he isn't in the party. I know you'd have to be trying to do this, but I still felt it was worth a mention.

I considered this possibility when I wrote that, but I liked what I had too much to change it >.>

(07-24-2013, 12:47 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: BTW, I'm at final Kefka in the LLG, although I still haven't made any attempts.

Still looking forward to those videos (though, are they all of that same sound quality as the Gogo clip you posted?)

(07-24-2013, 12:47 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: Mog: Level 3: (By holding off on getting him until the WoR, I could recruit him when my level average was 3 instead of 4. It was worth the chastising he gave me!)

It says a lot about your LLG when recruiting Mog in the WoR results in a lower average level than in the WoB >.>

(07-24-2013, 12:47 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: Gogo: Level 1
Umaro: Level 8 (He joins at much higher than the average)

Yeah, the idea was to make Umaro look very attractive right out of the gate and Gogo... well, not so much. In the end, it's the reverse that's true.

(07-24-2013, 12:47 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: Wish me luck!

Good luck, mortal.