Users browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)
FF6 - Brave New World

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
well... i still need to do a SM64 LP part but... i only need to beat the last bowser Tongue so after beating him... i am free and can choose a new game to Lp! so brave new story will be the first! (i hope i patched it right Sweat or else it will crash Cover )

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Here we go, Part One:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDe88LOt5...e=youtu.be

I don't want to make a post here every time I make a video, so anybody who's interested in this should keep an eye out for the videos every now and then.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
(07-26-2013, 09:43 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: Here we go, Part One:

I don't want to make a post here every time I make a video, so anybody who's interested in this should keep an eye out for the videos every now and then.

Well you've got one new subscriber Wink
  Find

Threads: 0
Status
None
Hopefully this isn't redundant.
I just noticed shadow gets his level reaveraged when you get him for a second at thamasa. Is that intended? I thought I read once that characters should only be rebalanced when you first get them.

Switching gears, I had an idea about the bugs with relms fight healing.

Make brushes switch fight with the health command.
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
That's intentional, since it's possible (and quite likely) that players will not have used him since Sabin's scenario. If he's still level ~10 Or even ~13 if you took him to Zozo), he's going to be useless on the short trek to Thamasa and complete dead weight on the floating continent, so we had to re-average him at some point. We chose Thamasa instead of the FC for two reasons: 1) so he can contribute on the walk to Thamasa, and 2) if we re-averaged him on the FC, he'd be a few levels higher, and therefore lose out on even more esper-boosted levels.

Quote:Switching gears, I had an idea about the bugs with relms fight healing.

Brushes have random casts tacked on, and we want them to remain single-target anyway. Besides that, a free multi-targeted heal from a character with high magic power would be a bit overpowered.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Thanks Received: 5
Status
None
(07-26-2013, 10:55 PM)traveler Wrote: Hopefully this isn't redundant.
I just noticed shadow gets his level reaveraged when you get him for a second at thamasa. Is that intended? I thought I read once that characters should only be rebalanced when you first get them.

Shadow at Thamasa is the one exception, since we didn't want him to be dead weight on the Floating Continent.

(07-26-2013, 10:55 PM)traveler Wrote: Switching gears, I had an idea about the bugs with relms fight healing.

Health would be a bit OP, though.

(07-26-2013, 09:43 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: Here we go, Part One:

Sweeeeeeet. Gonna start posting this around, if you don't mind.

Status
None
Right, health would need to be recoded to get the effects you guys want for relm and still do its job for the lete river sequence. It's work, but would fix the issue. If you would let me i'd do it for you. Anyways, just putting ideas out there.
  Find

Threads: 13
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Crystal
Don't know if you knew about this, but I ran with Terra, Celes and Strago -in Cyan's soul, and after defeating the Wrexsoul. The cut-scene with Cyan blaming himself for failing to protect Doma and his family. Where encounters his wife and son, resulted in Celes being on the Magitek Armor just before the end sequence when Cyan gets his second to last Katana. Just in case you weren't aware of this bug or not.
  Find

Thanks Received: 5
Status
None
(07-27-2013, 12:21 AM)traveler Wrote: Right, health would need to be recoded to get the effects you guys want for relm and still do its job for the lete river sequence. It's work, but would fix the issue. If you would let me i'd do it for you. Anyways, just putting ideas out there.

The targeting is mostly taken care of, AFAIK... it's just the issue with the True Knight effect now.

(07-27-2013, 01:32 AM)Abel.Emporia Wrote: Don't know if you knew about this, but I ran with Terra, Celes and Strago -in Cyan's soul, and after defeating the Wrexsoul. The cut-scene with Cyan blaming himself for failing to protect Doma and his family. Where encounters his wife and son, resulted in Celes being on the Magitek Armor just before the end sequence when Cyan gets his second to last Katana. Just in case you weren't aware of this bug or not.

This is a bug (not realted to our mod, for the record) resulting from swapping lead characters during the Magitek sequence.

Status
None
Hello Folks, i've never posted in this forum before, but i just wanted to express my appreciation to BTB and Synchysi for all their work in this definitive version of FF6. FF6 features my fave video game soundtrack and cast of characters, and now with this amazing mod, it's also a really fun/great game as well. Even the changes to the dialogue have been super charming and well written imo. (i love the new stuff, and that the best Woosley stuff was kept as well)

Anyways, i was going to wait and post after i finished the game, (i'm right about to go to the floating continent) but i think i found something, and i just wanted to check if it was intentional. I'm attempting to use Mog as a tank, (recommended by the Readme Smile ) but i noticed that the 12.5% hp boost from equipping a trident doesn't stack with the 12.5% boost from the knights cape. It's kind of a bummer because Mog is the only character so far that's slightly lacking imo.
  Find