Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)
FF6 - Brave New World

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(07-27-2013, 02:06 AM)BTB Wrote: The targeting is mostly taken care of, AFAIK... it's just the issue with the True Knight effect now.
When I target a party member with relms fight and that character dies, the game defaults to targeting an enemy. Is this the targeting issue you are refering to?
Also a beserk relm heals enemies. Which is the same defaulting, i think.
I'll have to check my patch version. If this is fixed that would be sweet.

These situations haven't happened to me, and are corner case, but I suspect it would play out this way;

1. Summoning palidor causes relm to jump at the enemy healing them. This occurred to me when setzer got palidors aor raid with slot
2. In the goddes fight if relm gets charmed... She heals her allies. It works in the players favor, but really goes against the nature of that fight.

(07-27-2013, 02:49 AM)Osama Bin Diesel Wrote: Hello Folks, i've never posted in this forum before, but i just wanted to express my appreciation to BTB and Synchysi for all their work in this definitive version of FF6. FF6 features my fave video game soundtrack and cast of characters, and now with this amazing mod, it's also a really fun/great game as well. Even the changes to the dialogue have been super charming and well written imo. (i love the new stuff, and that the best Woosley stuff was kept as well)

Welcome fellow newcomer!
BTB, Sync, thank you guys indeed!

(07-27-2013, 02:49 AM)Osama Bin Diesel Wrote: Anyways, i was going to wait and post after i finished the game, (i'm right about to go to the floating continent) but i think i found something, and i just wanted to check if it was intentional. I'm attempting to use Mog as a tank, (recommended by the Readme Smile ) but i noticed that the 12.5% hp boost from equipping a trident doesn't stack with the 12.5% boost from the knights cape. It's kind of a bummer because Mog is the only character so far that's slightly lacking imo.
Yea hp and mp item bonuses don't stack. Hp/Mp numbers would get to vanilla values if they did. I havent checked to see if 9,999 hp hp possible, but I doubt it.
What confused me is when I didnt realize certian items granted boosts. Specifically stragos starting magus hat, because I didmt look at it until I removed it from him. And that took a while.
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
(07-27-2013, 04:46 AM)traveler Wrote:
(07-27-2013, 02:06 AM)BTB Wrote: The targeting is mostly taken care of, AFAIK... it's just the issue with the True Knight effect now.
When I target a party member with relms fight and that character dies, the game defaults to targeting an enemy. Is this the targeting issue you are refering to?
Also a beserk relm heals enemies. Which is the same defaulting, i think.
I'll have to check my patch version. If this is fixed that would be sweet.

The targeting issue he's referring to is just that when you select Fight, the cursor starts on your party members instead. The two issues you mentioned (trying to heal someone that died, and berserk Relm) I may be able to correct by modifying the targeting further.

Quote:These situations haven't happened to me, and are corner case, but I suspect it would play out this way;

1. Summoning palidor causes relm to jump at the enemy healing them. This occurred to me when setzer got palidors aor raid with slot
2. In the goddes fight if relm gets charmed... She heals her allies. It works in the players favor, but really goes against the nature of that fight.

1. I'm not sure I can even change that, outside of just giving Palidor a new effect when summoned.
2. Yeah, same thing if she gets muddled. Since the targeting for those are hardcoded into the abilities themselves, I'm also not sure if it's something I can change.

Quote:
(07-27-2013, 02:49 AM)Osama Bin Diesel Wrote: Anyways, i was going to wait and post after i finished the game, (i'm right about to go to the floating continent) but i think i found something, and i just wanted to check if it was intentional. I'm attempting to use Mog as a tank, (recommended by the Readme Smile ) but i noticed that the 12.5% hp boost from equipping a trident doesn't stack with the 12.5% boost from the knights cape. It's kind of a bummer because Mog is the only character so far that's slightly lacking imo.
Yea hp and mp item bonuses don't stack. Hp/Mp numbers would get to vanilla values if they did. I havent checked to see if 9,999 hp hp possible, but I doubt it.
What confused me is when I didnt realize certian items granted boosts. Specifically stragos starting magus hat, because I didmt look at it until I removed it from him. And that took a while.

Only a few characters in the game are even capable of breaking 2000 HP. 9999 is well out of reach.

Though to clarify, HP/MP boosting effects didn't stack in vanilla either. That bit isn't exclusive to the mod.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Thanks Received: 5
Status
None
(07-27-2013, 07:03 AM)Synchysi Wrote: 1. I'm not sure I can even change that, outside of just giving Palidor a new effect when summoned.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't jumping with a paintbrush cause it to override the special effect and deal damage as if it were a normal weapon?

Though, the (much bigger) issue with the random casting remains. I wonder if there's a way to have the random cast rate shoot to 0 if the target is an enemy (the precedent in the code I'm thinking of is the override that checks to see if an enemy is undead, which ensures that the insta-kill functionality will always work).

(07-27-2013, 07:03 AM)Synchysi Wrote: 2. Yeah, same thing if she gets muddled. Since the targeting for those are hardcoded into the abilities themselves, I'm also not sure if it's something I can change.

This I'm less concerned about, since a muddled Relm is actually beneficial.

A bserked Relm, on the other hand... how would that work?

(07-27-2013, 07:03 AM)Synchysi Wrote: Only a few characters in the game are even capable of breaking 2000 HP. 9999 is well out of reach.

Well, technically, they can *all* break 2,000 HP... most players just won't level them up to the cap.

Status
None
(07-27-2013, 07:07 AM)BTB Wrote:
(07-27-2013, 07:03 AM)Synchysi Wrote: 1. I'm not sure I can even change that, outside of just giving Palidor a new effect when summoned.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't jumping with a paintbrush cause it to override the special effect and deal damage as if it were a normal weapon?

I don't think jump strips special effects like Mug does, but I'm not sure on that. The algorithms FAQ doesn't make mention of it either.

Quote:Though, the (much bigger) issue with the random casting remains. I wonder if there's a way to have the random cast rate shoot to 0 if the target is an enemy (the precedent in the code I'm thinking of is the override that checks to see if an enemy is undead, which ensures that the insta-kill functionality will always work).

If I can correct the issues where the game forces Relm to target enemies in cases it shouldn't, I'm actually okay with the random casts going off on enemies.

Quote:
(07-27-2013, 07:03 AM)Synchysi Wrote: 2. Yeah, same thing if she gets muddled. Since the targeting for those are hardcoded into the abilities themselves, I'm also not sure if it's something I can change.

This I'm less concerned about, since a muddled Relm is actually beneficial.

Well, that's the thing. A muddled/charmed character isn't supposed to be beneficial.

Quote:A bserked Relm, on the other hand... how would that work?

Just like a berserked anyone else.

Brave New World
  Find

Status
None
In any event, I still should make bosses immune to rerise... or at least the ones with drops.

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
(07-26-2013, 11:32 PM)BTB Wrote:
(07-26-2013, 09:43 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: Here we go, Part One:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDe88LOt5...e=youtu.be

I don't want to make a post here every time I make a video, so anybody who's interested in this should keep an eye out for the videos every now and then.

Sweeeeeeet. Gonna start posting this around, if you don't mind.

I don't mind at all! Post that link wherever you feel like.

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
None
(07-26-2013, 09:43 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: I don't mind at all! Post that link wherever you feel like.

Yeah, you're going to hear the word "crazy" get thrown around a lot... please understand that it's being used with the utmost respect Tongue

Threads: 20
Status
None
i finally have 5 parts done! i only need to upload them! i hope you will like them synchysi Laugh

Edit: 1: sry for speaking your username wrong... but i cant manage to speak it right...
2: here is the link to the LP!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63Vhemym5...e=youtu.be

Threads: 0
Status
None
Please forgive my lack of quotes, my smartphone is acctually a stupidphone. Navagating my posts is a nightmare. Anyways....

I really think recoding health (to do what you want for relm and still work for banons lete river sequence) and using it in place of relms fight command is a good solution. All these issues would be avoided. I just thought of another one!

3. Relm is going to heal an ally, then gets wounded. Her desperation attack triggers and you have a very dead ally. Then you think wtf just happened?! What is a desperation attack??

In regards to jump; I had a rod dragoon mog set up (which is great). The MP for criticals special effect didn't happen. Random casting certvianly did for a truck load of damage, but it didn't seem like a 50 cast rate. Maybe it was just luck or my perceptions though. I haven't gotten to see a double jump do a double cast, so I dont know if its possible. Hopefully something there sheds light on how relm would behave with a jump.

So for kicks and giggles I decided not to pass up sabin when you first get to the WoR. When I got to the fiargo engine room scene with the worm boss, during the dialogue between celes and edgar, the screen skiped. Next thing I know the boss is gone and the game is running through the next scene. I went to the menu and celes portrait was all purple pixels. Edgar was fine. The attachment is a screenshot. I have before and after save states if you want them.
  Find

Status
None
Re-working Health would be fairly easy (it's basically a forced multi-target Cure 2), but I think the main issue is that we don't want Relm to have a free multi-target heal, which is actually fairly important for Banon to have during the Lete River sequence.

The MP for critical effect does nothing for Jump, since it can't crit anyway.

Random casts from rods have a base 25% of activating, though certain pieces of equipment can bump that up to 50% with an effect we've added. I'm pretty sure a double jump can proc a double cast, though it should be fairly rare.

Brave New World
  Find