Users browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)
FF6 - Brave New World

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Has Dullahan in Daryl's Tomb been given some kind of godly boost in hp or is there some new trick to him? I've put countless turns of Sabin dealing 4500 and Edgar dealing 1000 while Celes has gone through 800 mp healing...
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Dullahan has about 50000 HP.

(07-27-2013, 01:48 PM)traveler Wrote: So for kicks and giggles I decided not to pass up sabin when you first get to the WoR. When I got to the fiargo engine room scene with the worm boss, during the dialogue between celes and edgar, the screen skiped. Next thing I know the boss is gone and the game is running through the next scene. I went to the menu and celes portrait was all purple pixels. Edgar was fine. The attachment is a screenshot. I have before and after save states if you want them.

I can guess what happened here. It's actually a change we made that never got tested.

It's probably a good idea to not skip Sabin for now. I'll fix it when I get a chance, though it probably won't be for a week or two.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Status
None
Well, i counted taking over 50,000 hp from Dallahan earlier; got bored, saved my state, and just spent about another 10 minutes on him. I've been using zsnes, but i'm gonna see if i can convert my save to snes9x in some way; i'm hoping this some compatibility issue with zsnes, because i really wanna finish this amazing game. Another glitch i forgot to mention earlier btw, i'm having flickering while moving around on the post floating continent overworld
  Find

Status
None
It should work fine in ZSNES; that's what all our testing was done with and most of the players have been using. Dullahan actually has 60000 HP, but he's programmed to die when he's dropped below 10000, so even if he's surviving beyond 50000 for some reason, he should still die after 60000.

As for the map tearing, there's a list of known issues in the first post; this is among them.

Brave New World
  Find

Status
None
^ Ah, thanks. So, i just beat Dallahan super quick in snes9x. Very weird, but anyways, i'm glad to hear that zsnes should be ok (i'll switch back to it) because i very much prefer the zsnes sound filters.

EDIT: Just for confirmation, i replayed Dallahan in zsnes and he functioned just fine. Only difference was Setzer wasn't pre-zombified before the battle. (not that i presume that made any difference, regarding the glitch)
  Find

Thanks Received: 5
Status
None
(07-27-2013, 03:52 PM)Osama Bin Diesel Wrote: EDIT: Just for confirmation, i replayed Dallahan in zsnes and he functioned just fine. Only difference was Setzer wasn't pre-zombified before the battle. (not that i presume that made any difference, regarding the glitch)

Was your Setzer dead going into the fight?

Status
None
If Setzer was a zombie going into the fight, I wonder if that made Overcast treat him as an invalid target and retarget onto Dullahan. And since Dullahan is immune to zombie, it didn't actually kill him when he went to 0 HP.

Though that doesn't make sense, since the 'dies like a boss' byte should theoretically override that.

Brave New World
  Find

Thanks Received: 5
Status
None
There would have to be something in its special bytes that causes it to also hit dead allies, otherwise you could circumvent the Overcast effect by having everyone go into the fight dead or stoned.

Status
None
Well, i suppose zombie status effect kinda counts as dead, but the during whole time i couldn't kill Dallahan, Setzer was under the zombie status from the beginning of the battle till i eventually quit. (Setzer wasn't too useful to me in that dungeon so i didn't even bother attending to him)
  Find

Status
None
Wow, even using my best characters and giving in to using all my rare items, i still can't beat Umaro. If the bosses in Kefka's tower are harder than this, i don't think i stand a chance.
  Find