Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
FF6 - Brave New World

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 5
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Yeah, those guys can be problematic.

I was getting my ass kicked right around there during my last run through the game when I was running a Gau/Shadow party.

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
I've got three more things to note.

1: Once, I was able to select spells and Lores with Strago, even though he didn't have enough MP, meaning that they should have been greyed out. He didn't cast it though; a "Needs MP" message just came up. It never happened again, though. I can't think what would be causing this. Exiting and re-entering the menu didn't fix it. It didn't start working properly until the battle ended and I entered another battle.

2:

3: http://youtu.be/8BL_-vdofQ8
Getting Gogo at level one in an LLG causes some issues.

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
None
(07-15-2013, 05:32 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: 1: Once, I was able to select spells and Lores with Strago, even though he didn't have enough MP, meaning that they should have been greyed out. He didn't cast it though; a "Needs MP" message just came up. It never happened again, though. I can't think what would be causing this. Exiting and re-entering the menu didn't fix it. It didn't start working properly until the battle ended and I entered another battle.

Yeah, we saw that glitch in a video someone else posted of the Red Dragon fight.

I still have no clue what causes it.

(07-15-2013, 05:32 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: 2:

I originally had a contingency in the script for this, which I later removed because I needed the space (reasoning that it's a condition that nobody would ever encounter unless they were actively forcing it).

That said, I was only considering stone/zombie. AFAIK, instant death shouldn't be able to bypass this effect... what attack managed to?

(07-15-2013, 05:32 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: 3: http://youtu.be/8BL_-vdofQ8
Getting Gogo at level one in an LLG causes some issues.

Wow, someone actually managed it.

You didn't mention you were running a LLG. You *must* tell us how you managed to get past the bottlenecks.

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
(07-12-2013, 06:21 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: I'm playing on an older version and never bothered to switch (1.0.7, was it?), so some of these may have been fixed by now.

PS: The Mine Cart segment is doable in an LLG. It would be pretty crazy to distribute the EXP perfectly though...

Actually, I did mention I was doing an LLG, it was just part of that really huge comment. Tongue

I'll be posting videos when/if I complete the whole game or get stuck. If I get stuck at this point, it will probably be on the final battle. Heartfire was actually the most difficult/luck reliant boss fight so far. Hopefully I'll be able to start posting the videos before too long.

The instant death effect that bypassed it was the "Randomly Instakills" effect on the Morning Star. And I was definitely forcing it, as I needed to give Nimfu's EXP to Gau to have a level 1 Gogo. Smile

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
None
(07-15-2013, 06:04 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: Actually, I did mention I was doing an LLG, it was just part of that really huge comment. Tongue

Well, I caught that part... I just thought you were speculating rather than attempting it >.>

Thing is, we've had a few people try LLGs, but they usually got shut down around the mine cart ride. One dude did manage to get all the way to Relm, but that was back before we closed a loophole allowing abuse of fractional damage attacks. Even considering that, I can't imagine how anyone could take out the Floating Continent (though it does explain your interest in killing off Celes for the escape).

Congratulations on figuring that little exploit out, by the way. I hadn't counted on someone figuring out how it even worked, let alone a way around it.

Thanks Received: 40
Status
None
Version 1.2.0 is up.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I really like the look of the new steal list, and a speedier Cyan will be really nice. I'm almost done with my FF5 playthrough, looking forward to my second playthrough with these changes.

Edit: oh, I like the logos, too. B's my favorite. Tongue
  Find

Thanks Received: 40
Status
None
Just a small note: A list of the known problems/bugs with the hack has been added to the first post. Right now, there are only three issues we're aware of.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Status
None
(07-19-2013, 10:29 AM)Bluerobin Wrote: Edit: oh, I like the logos, too. B's my favorite. Tongue

H is the "official" logo, but I liked them all too much not to include in the package.

I wonder how hard it would be to work that into the mod itself...

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Thank you for making this mod. My love of this game has been rejuvinated.

I wanted to wait till I finished a full play through to post, but...

When I bet the striker for shadow, why am I getting a ninja star instead of the striker back?
  Find