Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Which Patches Seem Good But Are Bugged?

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 47
Status
None
I'm super worried of putting an awesome complicated patch into my game and screwing the ROM beyond repair or even reversion due to wasted time.  For instance there is this elemental damage patch ("separation of powers") by izmogelmo that just seems so great but 99% too complicated to actually integrate well (just how it seems, I don't know).

Do you guys know of any patches that don't work and if so what are they and how do you know?

Just thought this would be a good topic for posterity among other things.
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Unfortunately Edrin's AI improvement patch is bugged: if a monster triggers a command that deals with statuses the game will crash
It's a shame because is one of the best patch ever  Sad

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
'The Not Scary Enough' patch by Imzogelmo doesn't like to work with many patches or even lightly edited ROM unfortunately. Although, it is pretty easy to relocate it. But, there's also a bug with it of sorts with it distributing random MP for formations over 512, which are normally unused in a vanilla ROM, but not in mine! Was so close to getting that patch working finally with my shit...

Hmm, besides that, most of mblocks129's patches will usually need to be re-patched after using FF3usME everytime or they will freeze the game... Can't really think of any other patches that are well known for not working though, most of them have been updated through the years for bugs and to work with other ones that were previously conflicting. Will post more if I think of some.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
It's not a patch that address one issue but I'd say the latest version of the improvement patch (1.07) is buggy. More details why here. I think version 1.06 is fine but I've never used it.
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
i don't think Separation of Powers requires special steps.  it turns Tri-Dazer into a non piece of shit straight out of the box!  don't let the amount of new code or free space consumption make you think it's hard to use.

his "Gogo & Cursed Shield fix", on the other hand, was bugged on multiple versions, and might still be.  it's the bane of Imzogelmo's hacking existence. Tongue  my analog would be the "Control attacks ignore MP cost fix", which took me three tries to get right.

Threads: 13
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Imzogelmo's Cursed Shield patch is still bugged, but only because there's literally one byte he left out.

Status
None
And you haven't let everyone else know? Not that you owe the world anything, but I'm sure they'd love to have a complete patch...
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
(03-05-2016, 09:35 PM)ReturnerScum Wrote: And you haven't let everyone else know? Not that you owe the world anything, but I'm sure they'd love to have a complete patch...

Well isn't that the point of this thread?

Status
None
He didn't say the one byte, was my point. Surely, we know more than we did before--it just seemed odd.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Ah yeah lol, I see/understand your point.