Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation"

Threads: 8
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Thanks to PJM, I pretty much have most of the script done. I'm going over it to remove grammatical errors, and add my own versions of the text.

The only issue is importing the battle dialogue. I'm not sure how to do that with FF3usME. Anyone know?

[Image: AegisBanner01.png]

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 7
Status
None
Well that depends on what script you want to use.

For the GBA scripts I sent you, you will have to wait until we can expand the battle dialogue, since there isn't enough room.

But if you want to just edit what is already there, and work within the limitations of the ROM, open up the ROM in FF4usME, and click on the Monster Editor button (3rd from the left), and the 2 scripts are in the last 2 tabs at the top (Small Quotes and Big Quotes).

Edit: Also, I forgot to mention that if you wait for the expansion, you wouldn't be able to use FF3usME to edit the battle dialogue anymore, which may influence your decision if you don't want to use hex. I could always to the hex for you if you wanted though.

NNID (Wii U): pjmcphee
PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find

Threads: 8
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Or I could wait for another version/program. >.>;

Also, I'm having technically difficulties. Does anyone have a way to contact Lord J?

[Image: AegisBanner01.png]

Status
None
(02-25-2012, 04:45 PM)Aegis Runestone Wrote: Or I could wait for another version/program. >.>;
Ah, true, but FF3usME isn't updated all that often, and when it is, there would be no guarantee that that feature would be in it. Definitely request it though, it sounds like he's open to requests like that judging from talk about including Angelo's restored abilities patch.

I think we'd need to make the patch here first though, and then he'd just incorporates that in his program.

Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(02-25-2012, 05:06 PM)PJM Wrote: [quote='Aegis Runestone' pid='11945' dateline='1330202713']
it sounds like he's open to requests like that judging from talk about including Angelo's restored abilities patch.

I asked him twice, he responded that he was swamped with the work of Rouge LE and would then consider my request. I have not been in touch with him since january.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(02-25-2012, 04:45 PM)Aegis Runestone Wrote: Also, I'm having technically difficulties. Does anyone have a way to contact Lord J?

You can find Lord J's email in FF3usME under the "About" tab. What kind of technical difficulties are you running into with FF3usME? I'm curious...

Find

Status
None
I'll try to explain it the best I can, and Aegis can correct me if I'm wrong...

I gave him my GBA Script and my restored ability names patch (moved to the F2 bank) and he then applied the dialogue hack in FF3usME. The script imported fine, but when he tried to make changes to the newly imported script inside FF3usME, it gave him an error saying not enough bytes, and showed a negative number next to the bytes remaining. He also checked to make sure the hack was still applied and it was. Here is a screenshot he sent me:

[Image: Aegis-Screenshot2.png]

I tried recreating this but was unable to :/

Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
now that is weird O_o

I have no idea how that could have happened

it could be possible that it was the order u applied that patches

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(02-26-2012, 11:49 AM)PJM Wrote: I'll try to explain it the best I can, and Aegis can correct me if I'm wrong...

I gave him my GBA Script and my restored ability names patch (moved to the F2 bank) and he then applied the dialogue hack in FF3usME. The script imported fine, but when he tried to make changes to the newly imported script inside FF3usME, it gave him an error saying not enough bytes, and showed a negative number next to the bytes remaining. He also checked to make sure the hack was still applied and it was.

Well I don't know what to say but I'm not sure that it's FF3usME fault...Does it show a negative value right after the import or does it drop suddenly to -2297549 bytes when you try to change a caption after the import?

If it shows a negative value right after the import, it might be the format of your text file that is wrong or something, I don't know...

As for the restore ability names patch, I don't know exactly what does the patch change in terms of bytes and unless there is a conflict in the F0 bank (F0/0000 to F0/FFFF), where the dialogues expansion is, I doubt it's because of the patch. Even if there was a conflict, it wouldn't explain the -229759 because the original dialogues takes up to 124149 bytes. I don't know about the size of the GBA dialogues though.

(02-26-2012, 11:49 AM)PJM Wrote: I tried recreating this but was unable to :/

Same thing here. I exported the original script, made a few change to it and imported it in a unmodified ROM and in a expanded ROM with the dialogues expansion patch applied. In both case the importation went fine and I was able to make changes to the dialogues afterwards. I even had about 7900 more free bytes after the import, most likely because of the optimization of the script. So I think the import feature works fine, but we can't test the infinite amount of possibilities...

The only thing that did changed is that the text of some captions was starting on the second lie instead of the first, but that has nothing to do with the problem that occurred to you guys.

What I suggest is retrying to import your script with another ROM and if you already done so, well maybe try to contact Lord J if the problem persist.
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(02-26-2012, 05:06 PM)Madsiur Wrote: As for the restore ability names patch, I don't know exactly what does the patch change in terms of bytes and unless there is a conflict in the F0 bank (F0/0000 to F0/FFFF), where the dialogues expansion is, I doubt it's because of the patch. Even if there was a conflict, it wouldn't explain the -229759 because the original dialogues takes up to 124149 bytes. I don't know about the size of the GBA dialogues though.

My patch affects all the F0 bank, but James rearranged everything; the game looks for expanded names in the F2 bank now.