Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation"

Status
None
(05-29-2012, 06:28 PM)Aegis Runestone Wrote: I'm sorry it's been so long. It's just that I can't modify a lot of the dialogue without getting those negative bytes error. Does anyone know a way around this problem?
It's a bit late, but I used to get that issue all the time. I found that it doesn't matter how much you change or import, so long as you only save ONCE. Save once, close FF3usME and re-open it. So long as you do that, it should be fine.

Doing it that way, I haven't gotten the negative bytes/hand-edited dialogue pointer errors in at least three weeks. And I was usually getting it multiple times a day.

Threads: 8
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Oh, saving it multiple times causes the problem? Okay! Thanks!

[Image: AegisBanner01.png]

Status
None
I know it's been a long time. I don't have any updates, sorry. I've been eaten alive by school. I will get this done, though!

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
life happens man take your time Smile

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
Thanks, man. I really appreciate your support. Smile

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
always man

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
Hey, I remember hearing about that one new tool that was supposed to come out this year. It looked like RPG maker except for FF6. Does anyone know if that's been released? It would help me a lot on this project.

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
FF6 SDK?
http://ff6sdk.webs.com/

Still in beta.
But the program is not made for the FFVI ROM, so how would it help with your project I'm wondering?

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 7
Status
None
I was wondering that myself. It could help with the project if you start it from scratch and not release it as a ROM hack...

NNID (Wii U): pjmcphee
PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
(02-21-2013, 03:56 PM)Aegis Runestone Wrote: Hey, I remember hearing about that one new tool that was supposed to come out this year. It looked like RPG maker except for FF6. Does anyone know if that's been released? It would help me a lot on this project.

You can check the latest updates of the SDK here. With the editor, you will be able to import your ROM hack... I don't know how far it will go in importing stuff (potential problems with relocated data) but the feature was working in the beta editor for some data.
  Find