Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation"

Threads: 8
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
I think Poco Loco might have a point. I applied the Evade bug patch, the original logo patch, the GBA font patch, restored names patch, and imported the script. But I have no idea which did which. :S

Funny thing is, once I imported the script, as long as I didn't CLOSE FF3usME, I could edit to my delight. It's when I opened it again that I had a problem.

[Image: AegisBanner01.png]

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(02-26-2012, 09:49 PM)Aegis Runestone Wrote: I think Poco Loco might have a point. I applied the Evade bug patch, the original logo patch, the GBA font patch, restored names patch, and imported the script. But I have no idea which did which. :S

Those patches shouldn't interfere which each other. They all changes different things in the ROM but have nothing to do with the dialogue.
And by the the original logo patch, do you mean the one available on Phantasian productions ?

(02-26-2012, 09:49 PM)Aegis Runestone Wrote: Funny thing is, once I imported the script, as long as I didn't CLOSE FF3usME, I could edit to my delight. It's when I opened it again that I had a problem.

Have you tried to import your dialogues on a clean ROM? If it does the same thing on a clean ROM it would exclude anything to do with the patches you mentioned above and the problem would be elsewhere whether it's FF3usME or you dialogues file. You could also send me your dialogue file if you want, as I could test it because the import dialogues feature works fine on my side as well as editing text afterwards...
  Find

Status
None
I will try importing onto a clean rom, though, I believe the script was made with the GBA font patch.

As for the logo/evade patch, I don't remember where I got them. ^^;

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 7
Status
None
http://www.tales-cless.org/?page=romhack

http://www.rpglegion.com/ff6/hack/evade.htm

NNID (Wii U): pjmcphee
PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find

Status
None
Ah. Thanks. It looks like the Evade patch actually might be the problem because of the byte usage. Maybe. I'm no expert with HEX so I could be speaking nonsense.

Status
Tissue-aware
(02-27-2012, 04:22 PM)Aegis Runestone Wrote: Ah. Thanks. It looks like the Evade patch actually might be the problem because of the byte usage. Maybe. I'm no expert with HEX so I could be speaking nonsense.

Well I doubt this would be the problem. The evade patch change about 10 bytes only in the C2 bank which cover stuff related to battle. It's for the most part assembly code. here's what the patch really change:

Code:
Offset    Size    RLE    IPS_File_Range       IPS_File_Size
------    ----    ID     00000000-00000004        5
02252D       1    No     00000005-0000000A        6
022540       A    No     0000000B-00000019        F
------    ----    EOF    0000001A-0000001C        3

Edit: The data does match with the detailed info found on the RPG Legion site. This patch is for a headered ROM though:

Code:
byte     old   new       byte     old  new

2252D    11    17        22540    54    55
22542    B0    48        22543    03    80
22544    B9    43        22545    55    B9
22546    3B    54        22547    48    3B
22548    90    48        22549    3E    EA
  Find

Status
None
Okay, I see.

Well, I got it to work. Here's how:

I patched the clean rom (I have a backup clean rom) with the Restored Ability Names (F2).ips and then I activated the Town Dialog expansion, and then I imported the script. AFTERWARDS, I imported the GBA font, and I don't have a problem with the bytes. However, I don't think anything else is patched into it. I'll have to test that.

Status
None
More errors: When I edit the small font of the GBA font patch, FF3usME acts as if I edited the Town Dialog by Hex, and won't let me edit the Town Dialog anymore.

What I'm doing is I'm trying to fix the ATB gauge to look more like the original because I'm not a fan of the block. I've been able to do this before without any errors. That is, before I used the Restored Ability Names (F2).ips and the expanded town dialog patch a long time ago.

I think it's because of the expanded Town Dialog that I cannot edit the Small Font section without breaking the Town Dialog. Think I should contact Lord J about this? I'm not interested in Hex-editing every line for my translation because I'm not good at it. :S

Edit: And yes, I have backups before I edited the small font.

Status
Tissue-aware
Well, expanding the town dialogues only add a new bank of the ROM to receive dialogues(F0/0000 to F0/FFFF) and move the dialogues there that were originally at CD/0000 to CE/F0FF.

Making change to the font itself shouldn't affect that. The small font data is located from C4/7FC0 to C4/8FBF.

Unless you made a bad manipulation with FF3usME (like saving twice in a ROW), I don't see where the problem is...You can always contact Lord J, but I doubt he will be of any help for this specific problem. The best would be to make a IPS report with a clean ROM after each step to see exactly which bytes are affected...

Do you have backups of your ROM ?
  Find

Status
None
Uh... yes, I mentioned that I have backups in my last post.

I don't understand why editing the small font causes the problem either. I do not save twice in a row. I save once, close FF3usME, and re-load it, and load the rom, and it has the error.

How do I make an .ips report?