Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation"

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 7
Status
None
(03-01-2012, 07:43 PM)Aegis Runestone Wrote: I'm trying to fix the ATB gauge to look more like the original because I'm not a fan of the block.

What do you mean by "the block"?

NNID (Wii U): pjmcphee
PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find

Threads: 8
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
If you look at the gauge, it's basically a block instead of the beam.

[Image: AegisBanner01.png]

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(03-01-2012, 09:20 PM)Aegis Runestone Wrote: How do I make an .ips report?

well you take a version of you work in which a change or multiple changes has been made and make a patch with a previous version of your work . Then you apply this patch to the previous version of your work.

The two ROM will be identical but if your patched ROM was in the same folder as your patch, there will be a IPS log file that will be created by lunar IPS. This file tells you which bytes has been changed between the two versions.

Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 7
Status
None
Sounds like you get a hold of my ATB guage somehow... maybe it was included in the patch I sent you... I'm going to get the file from my email now and test.

Edit: Nope, my file is clean. Can you post a screenshot?

NNID (Wii U): pjmcphee
PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find

Status
None
Here's the ATB gauge that comes with the GBA font.ips that I didn't like.

[Image: imgshk.png]

So, I go into the Small Font and try to change it back to normal:

And then when I save and close, and then re-open the rom, I have this:

See the "Hand edited Town Dlg parts?" That's the problem that occurs after editing the small font. When I click on "Dlg," it gives me the error, saying that it's been hex edited by hand and cannot be edited via FF3usME.

This NEVER happened before when I didn't have the Town Dialog expansion patch on.

(03-01-2012, 09:38 PM)Madsiur Wrote:
(03-01-2012, 09:20 PM)Aegis Runestone Wrote: How do I make an .ips report?

well you take a version of you work in which a change or multiple changes has been made and make a patch with a previous version of your work . Then you apply this patch to the previous version of your work.

The two ROM will be identical but if your patched ROM was in the same folder as your patch, there will be a IPS log file that will be created by lunar IPS. This file tells you which bytes has been changed between the two versions.

When I create a patch, it says "Select ORIGINAL UNMODIFIED File to use." Uhh... which ROM file do I select with that? And then with the second prompt, what do I select with that?

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(03-02-2012, 04:47 PM)Aegis Runestone Wrote: See the "Hand edited Town Dlg parts?" That's the problem that occurs after editing the small font. When I click on "Dlg," it gives me the error, saying that it's been hex edited by hand and cannot be edited via FF3usME.

I believe that says "Hand edited Town dialogues pointers." It means the pointers have been somehow written over with garbage or have been simply edited. I don't know how that happens though.

(03-02-2012, 04:47 PM)Aegis Runestone Wrote: When I create a patch, it says "Select ORIGINAL UNMODIFIED File to use." Uhh... which ROM file do I select with that? And then with the second prompt, what do I select with that?

The first prompt you choose the file that is the oldest in terms of changes. The second prompt you choose your newest file in term of changes. That way you IPS patch will contain the changes you made recently. Then you apply this patch to the oldest version of the ROM.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
To avoid this problem all together, until that issue/bug gets fixed, I would suggest using a graphics-hacking tool like yy-chr to change the ATB Gauge, or change it back to normal. It's almost just as easy, once you find the graphic. Remember, there's always another way to get something done. =)

If you are changing it back to normal, open up 2 yy-chrs, one with your ROM one with a clean ROM, and once you find the graphic compare it to yours, or even just line everything up and control+C to copy and then control+V to paste, or whatever it is.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
(03-02-2012, 05:44 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: To avoid this problem all together, until that issue/bug gets fixed, I would suggest using a graphics-hacking tool like yy-chr to change the ATB Gauge, or change it back to normal. It's almost just as easy, once you find the graphic. Remember, there's always another way to get something done. =)

If you are changing it back to normal, open up 2 yy-chrs, one with your ROM one with a clean ROM, and once you find the graphic compare it to yours, or even just line everything up and control+C to copy and then control+V to paste, or whatever it is.

Oh, sweet! Laugh

Status
Nattak\'d
If you run into any trouble with viewing the graphics correctly (it can be kinda tricky, especially depending on what version of yy-chr you wind up using) just let me know.

I can also locate the graphic for the gauge here since I ain't got nothing else to do at the moment lol, it's all about the correct settings to view the graphics. I think Zeemis has a yy-chr tutorial around as well.

Status
Nattak\'d
OK, with my headered ROM here the ATB Gauge is right next to all the text at the address: 048800. I'm using the settings of 4BPP SNES, and the pattern is 'normal'.