None
Okay, thanks. I'll fix it when I have the time. Smile

[Image: AegisBanner01.png]

Threads: 8
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Sorry that I haven't updated in forever. I need to know something about YY-Char, is there a way to make the selection box into a bar? Because if I copy and paste the ATB gauge, it'll copy and override some of the GBA-font, and I don't want to manually fix that, especially since it'll override the small font, and if I go in and manually edit it via FF3usME, then the same problem will happen. : S

So, is there anyway to make the selection box in YY-char into a bar?

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(03-26-2012, 03:17 PM)Aegis Runestone Wrote: So, is there anyway to make the selection box in YY-char into a bar?

By holding the right button of your mouse you can make a rectangle but the minimum width is 8 pixels.
  Find

Status
None
Okay, I copied it, and... uh... I'm getting the "not enough bytes" error again in the Town Dialog. >_<; BLAST.

Edit: It seems that copying the ATB gauge from the original, for SOME odd reason, causes the "not enough bytes" error this time.

Edit 2: It doesn't seem it's the ATB gauge, but possibly me editing too much text. I don't know, though.

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 7
Status
None
I don't know how to help you with this specific problem, but I'll tell you what I do with my hack so that problems like this don't arise.

Actually, the reason I started doing it this way is from reading posts about Pandora's Box. They have implemented many fixes and features, some of which people requested to have separate. The PB team said it was too hard to isolate the changes in their ROM for specific features and provide an .ips. I thought about this and decided to compartmentalize my hack before I even started, so if anyone liked a specific part of my hack, I could just give it to them.

For example, I have a separate ips for my font (including menu font and ATB gauge), one for my graphic edits, a few for my separate parts to the dialogue, and an .ips for the small changes that are just easier to make in FF3usME. I also have an .ips for the changes I make to Angelo's restored abilities patch, just small changes like a few esper names, commands, and some classes.

It seems like overkill for one hack, but it keeps everything more organized. If I want to edit my font, I just have to open my clean ROM with my font edits, so I don't accidentally change any other data. When I'm ready for testing, I just apply all of the patches at once, and if I see something I want to change, just go back to the individual patch and make the edits.

It's probably too late for you to do this, but judging from the problems you're having, it might be a good idea to start fresh. I could help you with this if you'd like... try to salvage what you have.

NNID (Wii U): pjmcphee
PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find

Status
None
Okay, that would be nice. It seems like the problem is lying with the dialog editing. But I'll try importing the GBA font first, then edit the ATB gauge, and then import your patch. Can you send it to me?

Status
None
I'm sorry it's been so long. It's just that I can't modify a lot of the dialogue without getting those negative bytes error. Does anyone know a way around this problem?

Status
None
I don't think any of us can even recreate the problem, let alone fix it. I'm willing to take a look at it though, if you can send me what you have.

Find

Status
None
I've got an idea. Why don't I send you the dialogue changes via an extract, and then you make all the changes in the txt file, and then send it back to me. Do you think it'll work?

Status
None
It's worth a try. Send me an email or via Skype

Find