Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI: The Redemption "Translation"

Threads: 8
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
The GBA version drove me crazy in general. I HATED how they butchered the music and changed some of the scenes. After I got Celes in Locke's scenario, I stopped playing. ;[

[Image: AegisBanner01.png]

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Those advance ports of Final fantasy games have the music screwed up and the game engine slowed on purpose, which makes it awful IMHO. Someone hacked FF5advance though, and restored the music, as well as the engine speed. I wish they could do the same to FF6advance.

Threads: 3
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(02-06-2012, 11:57 PM)Angelo26 Wrote: Those advance ports of Final fantasy games have the music screwed up and the game engine slowed on purpose, which makes it awful IMHO. Someone hacked FF5advance though, and restored the music, as well as the engine speed. I wish they could do the same to FF6advance.

You don't have to wish; the guy who did the fixed music hack for FF5A also did one for FF6A:

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/657/

And then there's this one, which darkens the color palette back to what it was in the SNES version:

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/765/
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
nice

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
True, but I want to put it on the SNES rom, hence why I'm making this translation. Or trying to at least. XD

Threads: 3
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(02-07-2012, 03:07 PM)Aegis Runestone Wrote: True, but I want to put it on the SNES rom, hence why I'm making this translation. Or trying to at least. XD

Well, YEAH. I want to play FF6 with my retro SNES gamepad Wink
  Find

Status
None
Well, I have a Wireless Gamepad, and I'd like to get full use out of it from FF6. I dislike the limited controls on the GBA version. Tongue

Regardless, I'm not giving in to the GBA version fixes.

Status
None
Another thing has set me back: I got my appendix removed on Tuesday morning (a wonderful Valentine's Day for me. >.>), so I'm a bit out of it. I can still do computer stuff, but I currently don't have my controller to playtest my translation.

Speaking of playtesting, I'm still looking for beta-testers, who are willing to use BSNES to see any bugs or problems with the patches.

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
I can do some testing, Bsnes runs just fine on my machine
  Find

Status
None
(02-19-2012, 11:34 PM)the_randomizer Wrote: I can do some testing, Bsnes runs just fine on my machine

Great. I'll add you to the list! Smile