Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
current music pointers

Threads: 22
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Auto-life
when it comes to current music where is the bank for the maps that allow the (current music) setting to be changed? for example, in south figaro, shadow's theme plays in the pub but then it changes to the imperial occupation theme to the town theme. i want to make the default current music play the imperial occupation theme in most of the towns as the current music and have "forever rachael" play in the old man's house where he is watching over rachael.  i know the editor can change the music, but as far i am aware it cannot change the default current music.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
You can set a song in the entrance event of a map based on whatever event bit condition to overwrite the map song. You can also change songs in regular events, but that is only good if you are in event mode. If two rooms are on the same map, it's not possible to have them play two different songs unless you change the music during an event.
  Find

Status
Auto-life
No, what I mean is that during a non event, how do i change the default current music? for example, if the current music is naturally the town theme, how do i change it where it becomes the under martial law theme without the music resetting when entering the next room? i mean in the editor, i can change the music, but not having current music will disrupt the flow when entering different rooms.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(08-05-2019, 07:12 AM)CzarMalboro Wrote: No, what I mean is that during a non event, how do i change the default current music? for example, if the current music is naturally the town theme, how do i change it where it becomes the under martial law theme without the music resetting when entering the next room?

As I already said, this needs to be done in the entrance event of the map. You need to set the song there based on some event bit condition (otherwise if you just set the song it will always play and you're better using the map property song ID). If the next room is on the same map the song will continue to play. I'm not 100% sure but I think if you set a song to play that is already playing it will not reset. Sadly there is no event command where you can make a check like "if song X is not playing do Y".
  Find

Status
Auto-life
would zone doctor work for finding the entrance events?
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(08-05-2019, 09:22 AM)CzarMalboro Wrote: would zone doctor work for finding the entrance events?

Yes, the offset is in the "Event #" box next to the music ID of the map. Then you can use the event dump to see what the event looks like.
  Find

Status
Auto-life
what about battle themes such as with dancing mad? is there any way to swap the order of the music or only have part 1 play through the three tiers? the only thing i was able to do was have different music play for the second tier and then have the third tier play the first part again.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(08-05-2019, 09:48 AM)CzarMalboro Wrote: what about battle themes such as with dancing mad? is there any way to swap the order of the music or only have part 1 play through the three tiers?

This is done in the code I think. I know part 2 is set at $C192B3 but I don't know more than this. You could set a write breakpoint to $1301 during the final fight and see in the debugger where each part is set to play.
  Find

Status
Auto-life
so I went to the address you listed which I presume is an LDA (A9 52) and when I changed the byte, nothing happened. 1301 is read in reverse right?

all i know is that the second and third tiers are set to current music according to the ME.

okay so it just occurred to me that pointer 52 is the intro theme before fighting kefka. DM's music only changes when changing tiers. when i used the battle theme edit in the ME for the second tier that was not DM and then the third tier back to DM, it still played the first tier music. I think all three tiers are selected under pointer 3B.
  Find