Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Help with battle animation graphics pointers

Threads: 10
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Sneak
The "Pointers to Battle Animation Frame Data", located at $D4DF3C, determines what tiles and graphics each battle animation will display. Sounds decently simple... I wanted to find where the pointers to the Trident weapon frames are, but I really couldn't make any sense of the indexation here.

I firstly thought that it would follow the same order as the animation scripts, so that animation $0000 would have it's pointer located at $0000 of this table.  Trident has an animation index of $2E, but pointer $2E of this table ($D4DF98) doesn't seem to do nothing to the Trident graphics.

Also, I've checked the animation scripts document, made by Everything, and noticed that there are some indexes missing, even though no bytes are being skipped in the doc. So, what table are they actually referencing to?

Messing with battle graphics has been somewhat confusing, I'd appreciate if someone could make some breakdown of it, haha.

TLDR; how to find the weapon graphics pointers in $D4DF3C?
  Find

Threads: 34
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Moog
There's a long discussion about these pointers and how they work in another thread of this subsection, you should be able to find what you need there:

https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/thread-4260.html
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to C-Dude for this post:
  • tomilho (01-11-2024)