Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Current Party GP Checking and High Prices

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
I tried to name the post something descriptive and searchable because I was beating the 30 sec search timer like a red headed step-child and still found nothing regarding this.

The question is: I want to charge the party a... marginally high price. I was thinking in the ballpark of 600,000 or so. Now the removal process worked fine actually.
Code:
B3 0A HH HH HH 4B MM MM FE

85 60 EA FE

HH=Placeholder for address
MM=Placeholder for message

B3 to run the subroutine 10 times, subroutine with 85 to remove 60k per run. Simple enough, does work. What if you don't have 600,000? I'm not finding a code to check current party GP.
In this instance, once the choice is made, the money is pulled, the bits are set and the conversation is never mentioned again. If the party doesn't have enough to finish the command, well I'm not sure it would do anything other than give free stuff away, or crash so it is needed here.

BUT, the next part of the project is butchering the auction house in Jidoor, and yes its gonna have some very high prices (just because I can). Which means, unlike the more resonably priced espers that are sold, I don't want the random auction to drop a 800k price tag on an unprepaired player. I need to add a check for how much the party has before the auction is picked, so you at least have the option to get this stuff. (Well, I could add another event that voids the sale if the player doesn't buy it, but would still rather have a money check.)

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
You need to run a check immediately following the take GP code, this bit needs to be checked:
1BE B7:6 Not enough money

So right after the 85 XX YY, you would input the check like:
C0 BE 81 XX YY ZZ
If byte 1BE is set (not enough gold), go to address XX YY ZZ (wherever or whatever you want to happen if not enough, like a "not enough GP..." text box).

Your code after this check would be if the party does indeed have enough, so the event progresses.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Just to ask: does exist an hex command that lets you use an accumulator of 24 bits? that would theorically let you do a single GP check...

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
A custom command like that could be created I'm sure, but no there is not a 1 byte command at the ready, the C0 check is the only way to check if the party has enough GP, by checking the bit designed for just that. Still you would need to have a subcommand for if the party does not have enough, which could also be in that custom code, but it's nice to have different addresses to go sometimes if not enough GP.

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Hrm, this could get complicated quick.
Granted that will run the check, however, since I'm running it 10 seperate individual times, wouldn't I have to have a temporary counter to see how many times the subroutine has been run before failing, then jump to a Give GP command to return the money taken before it tripped the "not enough GP" bit?

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Ohhh, I neglected to think of that... I suppose a custom counter command would be needed for such a high amount of GP, due to the subroutine being called that many times. I'm a little absent minded at the moment, trying to think of a solution that could be still done via event bits acting as a counter of sorts, which is how the auction GP bids is handled...so I'd think it could be done with some creative bit usage, but a custom command would be far more user friendly yes. Anways I'll be sure and chime back in if I think of anything.