Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Random Questions I have and things I want to do

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
(02-02-2019, 03:06 PM)assassin Wrote: madsiur: any idea when my site went back up?  haha; figures i learn about it right after posting an archive.org link. Tongue  i never got around to contacting those clowns, so either they spontaneously gained a clue, or somebody else got fed up and wrote them on my behalf.

Someone posted today in Discord that it was back up, so I removed from the wiki the C2 disassembly we were hosting temporary. I knew you did not know because of that link you posted!

It must be very recent because I checked about a week ago and it was offline.
  Find

Status
None
How does the game arrange spells? IIRC the Japanese version does if in 3 columns, and the other versions perform voodoo to make this 2 columns.

I ask because if I reduce the number of spells and shorten their names I could fit them in 3 columns. If I can then use a simplified spell listing, that uh simplifies things.

Or maybe that was items, with 2 rows in JP and 1 row in USA.

My only other crazy idea amendment is to turn Gau into a Blue Warrior, by giving him a small bonus for each rage he learns, and by changing the rages to non-magical skills (techs, it waza for SaGa fans). He can't use magic, most equipment, or rage, but he can boost all his stats, gain buffs, gain debuff immunities, elemental resistances.l, and special effects.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
Menus are handled in bank $C1 which is poorly documented, and spell ordering is done in bank $C2. I don't think anyone has made a 3 columns spell menu hack..
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 8
Status
Well-Fed
I think Pandora's Box did -- someone did for sure, I'm just not 100% certain who it was -- and I've been looking at it, too. I just don't have a satisfactory window layout to have three spells + MP window... but I'm also *lengthening* spell names, so if they're being shortened, that could work.

Current Project: FF6: Tensei | Discord ID: TristanGrayse
  Find

Status
None
Maybe I'm thinking of FF 4 or 5, but one of them had a convoluted spell menu routine.

Anyways my goal with that is to have the battle spell menu look the same regardless of the partys spells known, yet be easy to see and navigate.